Date: 27-04-24  Time: 07:53 am

Author Topic: Down the pub - the thread about nothing and everything  (Read 115266 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Down the pub - the thread about nothing and everything
« Reply #425 on: 03 November 2020, 10:38:21 am »
You might actually have to go food shopping. What's the world coming to ?  :lol

Hilarious.

My girlfriend has severe asthma.
There are too many idiots out there who won't wear masks
As I understood and have been hearing from radio phone ins on the subject people with asthma are some of the ones in Asda not wearing a mask as they can be exempt. A woman just the other day says wearing a mask gives her flashbacks from when she was raped and had a hand across her mouth. Those who do not wear a mask in Asda are not all idiots.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #426 on: 03 November 2020, 11:14:11 am »
As I understood and have been hearing from radio phone ins on the subject people with asthma are some of the ones in Asda not wearing a mask as they can be exempt.

Yes, *some* people are exempt, but most of them wear a "Hidden Disability" lanyard.

However a lot of them are just idiots, cf the students who had a Halloween party just down the road from me with about 20 people in the house and spilling out into the street.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 03 November 2020, 11:21:14 am »
Yes, *some* people are exempt, but most of them wear a "Hidden Disability" lanyard.
It should be law then to have to wear one "Hidden Disability" lanyard, ----no mask-- no lanyard -no baked beans.

« Last Edit: 03 November 2020, 11:22:35 am by fazersharp »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 03 November 2020, 11:32:20 am »
It should be law then to have to wear one "Hidden Disability" lanyard, ----no mask-- no lanyard -no baked beans.
Absolutely not.  Nobody who cannot wear a mask should be harrased or made justify not wearing a mask.
Further people with conditions such as dementia will either not understand or forget their mask.
All of us who can, of course should, be lets try and support each other, not pick on people who have a genuine reason not to wear a mask.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 03 November 2020, 11:39:37 am »
Nobody who cannot wear a mask should be harrased or made justify not wearing a mask.
 be lets try and support each other, not pick on people who have a genuine reason not to wear a mask.
Yes that is what I was saying -- speak to Grahamm - he's the one who thinks all those without a mask are idiots, not me.

However a lot of them are just idiots,
« Last Edit: 03 November 2020, 11:41:38 am by fazersharp »

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 03 November 2020, 12:37:58 pm »
You might actually have to go food shopping. What's the world coming to ?  :lol

Hilarious.

My girlfriend has severe asthma.
There are too many idiots out there who won't wear masks
As I understood and have been hearing from radio phone ins on the subject people with asthma are some of the ones in Asda not wearing a mask as they can be exempt. A woman just the other day says wearing a mask gives her flashbacks from when she was raped and had a hand across her mouth. Those who do not wear a mask in Asda are not all idiots.

Sadly, many of them are idiots. Youngest has a part time job in hospitality, often faced with people claiming exemption who cannot prove that entitlement, either no certificate and/or no lanyard. I bracket them with the partying folk, those that go/have been abroad and dont isolate etc.

Id have had the water cannon out before now, dyed water, round them up later, temporary camps in the Peaks/Highlands. Dont want to wear a mask? there you go, feel free.
« Last Edit: 03 November 2020, 12:38:41 pm by agricola »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 03 November 2020, 01:29:20 pm »
Imo too many people use a 'hidden disability' as an excuse just purely because they don't want to wear one. They've already proven it doesn't affect your oxygen levels so you can breathe just fine through them, it may not be as comfortable but thats the same for everyone wearing one.
Plus being 'exempt' from wearing a mask doesn't make you exempt from catching the virus and spreading it. So if you really are too ill to wear one then you shouldn't be going into crowded public places.... simple as.

And my wife (like Grahams) is severely asthmatic and the pair of us have spent many a night in the hospital with her on a ventilator followed by weeks of steroids after catching a mild chest infection, but as she works at the hospital she still manages to wear a mask for her full 12 shifts without bother. During the first wave she was even forced to wear those horrendous air tight ones that left bruising all over her face. But its part of the job so she puts up with it

Its not the best but at the minute it's a necessity and the more people try to bend the rules and make excuses the longer this BS is going to go on for 😔😔

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 03 November 2020, 01:40:01 pm »

Sadly, many of them are idiots.
Yup agree.  But all we can do is keep pushing the message.  Unfortunately we live in age where folks ‘have had enough of the experts’.  There is all the fake news, and conspiracy theories etc etc.

But whilst I see some folks, whom I figure, like you say, quite likely just don’t care, most people seem to be complying.

By the way I have heard some scientific experts comment that a lack of compliance in the UK is a contributor to the situation we find ourselves in.  Although the biggest problem is an inability to test and trace effectively. 

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 03 November 2020, 01:46:39 pm »
« Last Edit: 14 November 2020, 08:40:33 pm by YamFazFan »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 03 November 2020, 02:29:20 pm »
I predict a win for Trump.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 03 November 2020, 02:29:32 pm »
Just imagine where we'd be if everyone was like Corbyn's brother. It doesn't bear thinking about.

Same situation as the USA at a guess 😵😵

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 03 November 2020, 02:31:49 pm »
Sadly, many of them are idiots.
Yup agree.  But all we can do is keep pushing the message.  Unfortunately we live in age where folks ‘have had enough of the experts’.  There is all the fake news, and conspiracy theories etc etc.

But whilst I see some folks, whom I figure, like you say, quite likely just don’t care, most people seem to be complying.

By the way I have heard some scientific experts comment that a lack of compliance in the UK is a contributor to the situation we find ourselves in.  Although the biggest problem is an inability to test and trace effectively.

Yep, fair comments. There seems to be a generation that will not/cannot accept responsibility for their own actions. Its been commented in various threads previously, the so called "snowflake" generation.

Im just pleased we've brought our two up to act responsibly

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 03 November 2020, 02:35:26 pm »
I predict a win for Trump.

That'll be interesting. There's enough military hardware tucked away in compounds to fuel a small war, including aircraft

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 03 November 2020, 03:05:16 pm »
« Last Edit: 14 November 2020, 08:41:01 pm by YamFazFan »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 03 November 2020, 03:58:56 pm »
I mean, other than slagging Boris of for a full 3 hours how else are Nick Abbot and James O'Brien going to fill half their radio shows?.
Politics! ;)
Perhaps they could get in a few Tory backbenchers to take over, and give them a rest  :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 03 November 2020, 05:08:44 pm »

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 03 November 2020, 05:23:24 pm »
I mean, other than slagging Boris of for a full 3 hours how else are Nick Abbot and James O'Brien going to fill half their radio shows?.
Politics! ;)
Perhaps they could get in a few Tory backbenchers to take over, and give them a rest  :lol

Priceless  ;) :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Later

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #442 on: 03 November 2020, 06:47:05 pm »
Good update from Bennetts about the lockdown/biking position

My MOT was due on the 25th of June, but, because of the first Lockdown, was deferred until any time up to Christmas.

I was planning on getting it done after I got hold of a replacement fairing that was damaged when someone took me out on a roundabout last year.

I phoned the workshop today and they said they would still be doing MOTs during Lockdown, but you'd have to drop it off and stand 2m away whilst they took it in, then mooch around for half an hour or more until they called you to pick it up again, at which point they would bring it back outside.

However they also said that, if it wasn't urgent, call them again in December which is what I'll do.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 03 November 2020, 06:56:32 pm »
 Christ, a half wasted day.  Having tried a couple of testers I’ve decided on the paint for the walls.  I was in B&Q a week ago, there was plenty of paint and a 3 for 2 offer on Dulux – magic.

Rather than drive to Paisley, which doesn’t take much longer than driving to my nearest B&Q, cos of COVID restrictions I drive to my nearest but smaller store in Port Glasgow.

They don’t have my paint, out of stock.  Two for three offer has ended.   The assistant checks and says there is loads in Paisley.  I drive to Paisley.  None.  Check the assistant, the stock figures ain’t reliable he says, I’ll check and phone for you.  Naw says I, there’s a Dulux trade centre a couple of miles away I’ll get it there.

Now I know unless you have an account they ain’t cheap.  But I figure, with the retail stuff being 26 quid in B&Q, hey maybe I’ll get hit for 40 quid, but no more messing about I’ll have my paint.  First my Tom Tom decides to go mad, takes me 5 to 10 minutes to get it to accept the post code – I was close to killing the thing.  I get to the trade centre.  50 quid – are you kidding?  10 quid a litre?  What?    I try some charm – take it or leave it I’m told.  Bet it is half the price with an account – so on principle I leave it.  Maybe I am mad.

So where now?  The B&Q on Great Western Road is the biggest I know.  Very little paint stock, but bingo I get what I’m after – 26 quid.  But now I’m bustin for a pee.

Customer toilets are closed for Covid19 they tell me – what do they want me to do – piss in their bathroom display?

Which is a thought, all these big stores that had toilets but have now closed them, are just pushing customers into other stores purely to use the toilet, which really just helps increase the risk of spreading Covid.  Doh!

Should have been 20 miles for a tin of paint.  80 miles later I have my tin.  Aaaaagh.  Foc foc foc.  Decorating slips even further behind schedule.

Sorry head to get that off my chest.

Jinxed by YamFazFan. :evil

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 03 November 2020, 07:04:36 pm »
 Trump has repeatedly attacked the postal vote – but he offers no evidence of issues.

Record numbers of people are registering to vote – for young voters it is often up by 500 to 1000% per state, compared to four years ago.

Voting at the ballot box is a pain in the arse in the USA.  If you wanna vote that way you might need to take the day off work.  Americans get foc all annual leave.   So postal ballot is now more popular than ever.

By attacking the postal vote Trump is instructing his voters to go to the ballot box.

So this is how it goes.  Trump will win at the ballot box – just.

Sleepy Joe will win on the postal ballot by a country mile.

Trump will declare victory cos he says the postal vote is rigged.

Ever wonder why Trump was so keen and in a big hurry to buy more influence at the supreme court?

If I am right, it is gonna get wild.  Could get scary wild.  Trump is keen to be the first dictator of the USA.

That’s me said my bit.   No more.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 03 November 2020, 07:04:53 pm »
« Last Edit: 14 November 2020, 08:41:35 pm by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 03 November 2020, 07:08:01 pm »
« Last Edit: 14 November 2020, 08:41:50 pm by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 03 November 2020, 07:33:24 pm »
« Last Edit: 14 November 2020, 08:42:07 pm by YamFazFan »

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 03 November 2020, 08:39:22 pm »

50 quid – are you kidding?  10 quid a litre? 

There's been some blatant profiteering. I usually by my years supply of rubber gloves/cable ties etc at the Stafford bike shows, bit of banter and get a bit knocked off for cash. The gloves I normally buy I pay £4 a box. On sale now at £15 foccin quid.

I will remember when the time comes around, all those who have exploited the situation, and trade accordingly

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 03 November 2020, 08:59:24 pm »
Dulux trade centres are the last place to go to buy Dulux paint ironically. A bloke in my local drives for Dulux. Someone in the pub asked him to get a gallon of paint, without asking the price, just imagining he’d save some money. Should of seen his face when the Dulux driver brought the paint into the pub and said the price was £62 :eek  Priceless.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.