Date: 29-03-24  Time: 10:55 am

Author Topic: Newbie here  (Read 716 times)

Mike-FZS

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Newbie here
« on: 19 April 2021, 10:32:36 am »
Hello all. Just joined thought would say hell

I’m Mike. Had a Gen1 Fazer 1000 for a month now after my bike being stolen and subsequently crashed. Needed a bike quick so got a Bandit 600 on a whim and cheap. Needed more work than described so put that to one side after missing couple days work and brought a Fazer 1000 that popped up. Now I will admit I overpaid and it’s bit of a heap but I needed something that’s was good to go. So I grabbed it. This is how it looks currently

Previous owner had sprayed everything black. Engine, exhaust , rearsets pillion peg hangers rad covers carbs etc etc including stainless rad guard and carbon rear hugger which was painted black with a paint brush  :rolleyes

Since getting it I’ve added motografix to cover some marks and take eye away from the difference red nose cone.
Had a lextek link pipe and the stupid stubby they do which had been fitted badly and fouled the swingarm. Changed to a delkevic off the bandit then just got this scorpion can and link pipe that on it now. Gradually starting to de black the bike. Replaced the powerbronze double bubble screen with a f.fabbri screen.

Want to strip and clean the brakes for good measure, get new lines and maybe discs etc, new tyres shortly too. Exup isn’t working so that needs sorting.

On plus side it’s a good bike. Mrs likes it and I’ve done about 1500 miles on it in last month. It does feel underwhelming compared to my RF900 which is replaced but with exup fixed hopefully it’ll be more what im Used to.

Mike
« Last Edit: 19 April 2021, 10:44:38 am by Mike-FZS »

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie here
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2021, 11:26:23 am »
Nice work there Mike, apart from the damage to the engine covers and the sawed off rear mudguard the bike looks alright :-)

Mike-FZS

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie here
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2021, 12:15:08 pm »
Thanks. Yeah I may get a undertray eventually anyways so would have a neat hanger the and a belly pan. Plan l on covers For the engine cases too unless I want the task of bringing engine back to the original silver which I don’t fancy