Would you be willing to take a covid vaccine  

yes
35 (71.4%)
no
6 (12.2%)
Dont know
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: The Covid thread  (Read 70905 times)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: The Covid thread incl a poll
« Reply #225 on: 27 January 2021, 08:00:41 pm »
Sounds to me like he had the virus. Vaccination doesn't give you immunity until some time later.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 27 January 2021, 08:13:04 pm »
Sounds to me like he had the virus. Vaccination doesn't give you immunity until some time later.
Yes they thought they had it too and so had a test 48 hours after feeling ill which came back negative.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 29 January 2021, 09:32:27 am »

You should know by now it doesn't give you "immunity"?
Only something 100% effective can give you that.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 29 January 2021, 10:55:29 am »
Yes. As far as we know the vax does not stop you getting it and it does not stop you from spreading it to others. Or the phrasing being used is "we do not yet know the effect on transmission"

Yes we know the vax is good at reducing your symptoms but that for me raises issues at least in the early rollout. If in a family one person due to their job is getting the vax 6 months before the rest of the family then when they get covid their otherwise obvious symptoms have now been reduced to nothing. They then unknowingly take covid back to the family, instead of showing symptoms and isolating from the other family members. I think in these households the vaccinated person needs to go home with a box of LFT tests so they can continually monitor. Which would also help in the research to see if the vax actually does stop you getting it and therefore spreading it.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 29 January 2021, 11:25:43 am »
All the vaccines do is provide you with the antibodies and t-cells ready for when you do (if you) get it. But by enabling you to better fight the virus, you are less infectious and for less time.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 30 January 2021, 11:49:25 am »
not long now till a get ma vaccination

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 30 January 2021, 02:07:31 pm »
I have been saying for ages there is a link between side effects and age. The old do not seem to be having any side effects. I came across this on the BBC - Prof Paul Hunter, of the University of East Anglia, was talking about Germany not giving the vaccine to over 65s. And he said. 
"We do know that it is safe in people over 65. They have much fewer side effects than younger people"

I think that as the age of the vaccinated drops there will be more and more vaccine hesitancy as more and more people see their friends and family have a bad time after having it.

I can see a time where hesitancy becomes a problem. In the future I think a good way to get people to have it is announce that in 6 months time there will be a £150 (or whatever) charge to have the vaccine. A little bit like what microsoft did with update hesitancy prising windows 7 out of peoples hands and offering 10 free for a limited time.   

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 30 January 2021, 03:44:19 pm »
I have been saying for ages there is a link between side effects and age. The old do not seem to be having any side effects. I came across this on the BBC - Prof Paul Hunter, of the University of East Anglia, was talking about Germany not giving the vaccine to over 65s. And he said. 
"We do know that it is safe in people over 65. They have much fewer side effects than younger people"

I think that as the age of the vaccinated drops there will be more and more vaccine hesitancy as more and more people see their friends and family have a bad time after having it.

I can see a time where hesitancy becomes a problem. In the future I think a good way to get people to have it is announce that in 6 months time there will be a £150 (or whatever) charge to have the vaccine. A little bit like what microsoft did with update hesitancy prising windows 7 out of peoples hands and offering 10 free for a limited time.   

Open pubs, add the vaccine to booze, sorted.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 31 January 2021, 09:41:02 am »
Got an armfull of Pfizers finest this morning. Still can't speak Chinese though. Mind you, I have enough trouble with English. :lol
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 31 January 2021, 12:03:22 pm »
Got an armfull of Pfizers finest this morning. Still can't speak Chinese though. Mind you, I have enough trouble with English. :lol
Well done I am sure you will be fine.
I have found the published results from the trials which shows that the younger are getting side effects but not the old. Why is this info not mentioned anywhere in the news.The row at the top is 18-55 age

« Last Edit: 31 January 2021, 12:04:46 pm by fazersharp »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 31 January 2021, 03:42:29 pm »
I have found the published results from the trials which shows that the younger are getting side effects but not the old. Why is this info not mentioned anywhere in the news.The row at the top is 18-55 age

But who can prove that these ailments weren't about to happen anyway? Seeing as the jab takes weeks of the body going through a defence process to really have an effect.
People will have the jab who are already ill or are about to be ill, so blaming the vaccine could be totally false.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 31 January 2021, 04:02:00 pm »

But who can prove that these ailments weren't about to happen anyway? Seeing as the jab takes weeks of the body going through a defence process to really have an effect.
People will have the jab who are already ill or are about to be ill, so blaming the vaccine could be totally false.

You mean like they do with the reported "covid" deaths 😅🙈

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 31 January 2021, 04:44:52 pm »

Look at the charts in my post they cover the 1st 7 days with the worst day being day 2. 

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 31 January 2021, 04:50:12 pm »

I've had 2 friends die of Covid since last Sunday, and there's another family member of one of those still on a ventilator too.
That's "of" it, not "with" it.

Saying that, i don't agree with the 28 day window thing, it makes no sense at all, but i guess resources are not exactly plentiful right now to delve further into real causes of death rather than just tarring them with the same brush.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 31 January 2021, 04:54:16 pm »

Look at the charts in my post they cover the 1st 7 days with the worst day being day 2.

Wouldn't surprise me if the reasoning is because people are so damn sterile these days with all the constant handwashing and sanitizing.
It can't be good for your own natural immune system?

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 31 January 2021, 05:43:22 pm »
Just seen that Captain Tom Moore is in hospital with the virus now  :\

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 31 January 2021, 05:46:58 pm »

I've had 2 friends die of Covid since last Sunday, and there's another family member of one of those still on a ventilator too.
That's "of" it, not "with" it.

Saying that, i don't agree with the 28 day window thing, it makes no sense at all, but i guess resources are not exactly plentiful right now to delve further into real causes of death rather than just tarring them with the same brush.

Sorry to hear that Darrsi 😔

But yes the way the deaths are reported is just part of a scaremongering programme... im sure of it. I believe it was last week when we reported one of the highest daily deaths since it all began and my local papers headline said something along the lines of "Grim day as highest daily covid death counted in local hospitals" as we had 6 deaths recorded in 1 day.... well turns out when you actually read the full article that 4 of the deaths occurred in November, one in December and the other at the beginning of Jan. So the actual truth of it was that nobody had died of Covid in our area on that particular day but because of the way these idiots record things they managed to justify a misleading headline 🙄

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 31 January 2021, 06:18:56 pm »
Sadly it takes scare tactics to get people to do as they are told and to justify certain laws. But It doesn't help with trust. Alongside of needing to scare people they also bury or withold info - such as how the vaccine has more side effects the younger you are.

As much as I do not belive everything I am told I also listen very carefully to what I am NOT being told.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 01 February 2021, 12:20:01 am »
Sadly it takes scare tactics to get people to do as they are told and to justify certain laws.
Of course it does. I've had one neighbour, and a good friend's mother die so far. Both were in good health previously, and had not been vaccinated
Side effects or not, as I've said, you're more likely to die without being vaccinated, than vaccinated.
That's what matters most.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 03 February 2021, 10:00:42 am »
Sounds like some good noises are coming out about the effect of the AZ/oxford vax has on transmission.
Wonder what will happen to the pfizer one if it proves to be no good at reducing transmission, and considering its -70degrees storage needs.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 03 February 2021, 10:07:41 am »
This got my goat the other day I was listening to LBC and someone living in Hungry rang about the EUs vax roll out problems and he mentioned about Hungry getting the Russian sputnic vax. The two presenters then started sniggering --- "oh would you take the Russian vaccine" - laughing - "make sure its not got any novichok in it"- laughing.
If someone rang in talking about our vax n that way they would be shot down as anti vaxer right wing nazis. RT tv says sputnic is perfectly safe. 

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #246 on: 03 February 2021, 01:29:42 pm »
Ah, good old Vaccine Nationalism.

Already there have been Brits refusing any other vaccine other than the "Oxford" one, because, "it's British, damnit and we don't trust that foreign muck...!"

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 03 February 2021, 09:20:16 pm »
Queen Ursula VDL appears be have made a laughing stock of herself. Critizing the UK for insufficient testing of the Oxford/Zeneca vac, then demanding that the EU isnt getting enough of it. If ever we should find ourselves with a surplus, I reckon we should help out the Commonwealth first

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 03 February 2021, 10:21:02 pm »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 03 February 2021, 11:57:46 pm »
Queen Ursula VDL appears be have made a laughing stock of herself. Critizing the UK for insufficient testing of the Oxford/Zeneca vac, then demanding that the EU isnt getting enough of it. If ever we should find ourselves with a surplus, I reckon we should help out the Commonwealth first
Oxford University designed the vaccine. AstraZeneca who are responsible for manufacture and testing, is a Swedish/UK company. A large part of the testing was carried out in Brazil and South Africa. Much of the Commonwealth, such as Australia and New Zealand hasn't needed to start vaccination, as they properly closed their borders early, rather than leaving it until the last minute.