Date: 26-05-24  Time: 00:06 am

Author Topic: indicator out of its hole.....how to replace....  (Read 1044 times)

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
indicator out of its hole.....how to replace....
« on: 27 July 2014, 09:35:19 pm »

ok,after the bike toppled over yesterday when it sunk into the hot tarmac off the main stand,my nearside indicator has popped out of its hole in the fairing and is obviously wobbling about....

having given it a quick shufty today,am i right in thinking that to replace it i need to undo that very soft looking philips head screw on the back of the indicator,seperate the back part,replace into its grove and re fit the back part to keep it in place?  advice please kind foccers !

also,does anyone know of any aftermarket brake/clutch levers for a 2001 boxeye?  was looking on the ASV website,and they dont seem to go that far back to my old girls era

cheers, pilgo  :thumbup

bandit

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: indicator out of its hole.....how to replace....
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2014, 10:31:34 pm »
Yes undo the screw which can be very tight & remove metal.The indicator stalk can then be pushed back into fairing & that will be very tight also so a far amount of pressure when pushing maybe required. :)   

keratos

« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2014, 10:44:15 pm »
They have a flexible skirt made up of tabs. From inside  the fairing,pry  each tab towards the middle of the indicator and gently push out. Do this all around the indicator and it will pop out

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2014, 06:07:41 pm »
thanks chaps  :thumbup