Date: 27-04-24  Time: 09:12 am

Author Topic: Etiquette at Dartford Crossing  (Read 1172 times)

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Etiquette at Dartford Crossing
« on: 02 November 2022, 11:27:12 pm »
Hiya fellas,

Need some advice as I simply can't work this out.

Starting a new job soon and would probably need to use the Dartford crossing regularly. I know it's free for bikes to cross and know it's an easy filter tnrough the tailbacks.

Question is.......how the hell can you be expected to be let in to the manned booth for the crossings. It's not like going up the outside of traffic in London etc.

Do you just bully your way in and cause a row ??

Anyone use the crossing regularly and can advise of the best approach ?

Any advice as always is much appreciated

Cheers

Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Etiquette at Dartford Crossing
« Reply #1 on: 03 November 2022, 08:44:04 am »
You obviously haven't used the Dartford crossing for many years - there are no booths now, its all done by cameras and (lack of) trust that you will go on line and pay.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 November 2022, 09:44:16 am »
The only issue now is filtering between the juggernauts trying to change lane  :eek

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 November 2022, 01:55:53 pm »
Many thanks for the replies fellas - worries over  :lol

BB - Yep, not used for years as have moved back down to Southend from Wokingham after 30yrs.

Still sorry about "Lil Bob"  :rollin

Mtread - Things haven't changed then with the trucks. Probably worse now with more Euro trucks about but will stick to my 2nd/3rd gear approach when filtering between them so am ready for a quick "twist n gone".

Cheers again  :thumbup

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 November 2022, 09:29:00 pm »
Plenty of speed cameras on the Kent side, that work :eek , so worth keeping to the limits, as boring as that is. :lol
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 November 2022, 10:38:14 pm »
Mtread - Things haven't changed then with the trucks. Probably worse now with more Euro trucks about but will stick to my 2nd/3rd gear approach when filtering between them so am ready for a quick "twist n gone".
In my experience, tends to be worse on the south side going north - queuing for the tunnels. Lorries, cars, vans change lanes suddenly as they see the lane on the inside/outside gaining a 2 yard advantage.
PS welcome back to Sarfend  :D

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 November 2022, 11:49:59 pm »
Plenty of speed cameras on the Kent side, that work :eek , so worth keeping to the limits, as boring as that is. :lol

Plenty of speed cameras everywhere these days. Long gone are those youthful days of pin it & smile  :'(

In my experience, tends to be worse on the south side going north - queuing for the tunnels. Lorries, cars, vans change lanes suddenly as they see the lane on the inside/outside gaining a 2 yard advantage.

All lane leaping noted. As for Sarrrrrfend.......christ it's changed - and not for the good. Drugger, dosser and tosser senses are hightened  :grumble

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 November 2022, 04:17:39 pm »
christ it's changed - and not for the good. Drugger, dosser and tosser senses are hightened 

'City drugger, dosser and tosser' if you don't mind  ;)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 November 2022, 06:15:45 pm »

Plenty of speed cameras everywhere these days. Long gone are those youthful days of pin it & smile  :'(

All lane leaping noted. As for Sarrrrrfend.......christ it's changed - and not for the good. Drugger, dosser and tosser senses are hightened  :grumble

Haha thats why I moved up north, the people may be a tad slow but they are a joy compared tk what southend is full off these days. I came back down for a week last summer, was the first time I'd visited in over 15 years and it was sad to see my home town in such a state 😪
The other upside to being up north is the copious amount of country back roads without a speed camera (or often a car) in sight.
The lincolnshire wolds are an absolute joy when the weather's nice.... a stark contrast to the A127 😆

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 November 2022, 08:21:45 am »

The righthand tunnel has better filtering lane ;)
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)