Date: 27-04-24  Time: 07:32 am

Author Topic: Suspended sentence - really?  (Read 2694 times)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Suspended sentence - really?
« Reply #25 on: 30 October 2022, 11:41:01 am »
When Global Warming starts having a real effect, that's going to make life a hell of a lot more tougher for you and everyone else.
The govement and councils are 'already' trying to do something about this. And while some of these inicitives are laudable, some councils are are not using upto date or accurate data to accomplish this. For example Hackney is basing its parking charges on emissions data thats 30yrs old, yeah you read that right. So 10 years before the first euro standard (2002) for motorcycles.

Yes, I'm aware of that and I agree that it's stupid, short-sighted and probably just greedy because they're looking to charge people who aren't the cause of the problem but, instead, part of the solution, simply because it will raise more money for them.

On a related but important issue there is previous and exusting UK goverments have given the police too many extra powers when there was already existing law/powers in place. As in the ability to protest lawfully whithout fear of arrest, which the goverment are desperatly trying to prevent.
- Dude, you cant compare scrotes on a stolen moped to climate protesters.
- I cant argue with that, as its already happening.

But we are getting off topic here, the OP was about how the police deal with suspects on scooters.

My point is that many people are quite happy to give the Police extra powers because "they won't affect me".

Unfortunately when (almost inevitably) those powers get "stretched" in ways that wasn't intended (or explicitly forbidden), suddenly people start saying "Hang on, it wasn't supposed to be this way!" by which time it's too late, because it's not so easy to get those powers removed.