Date: 21-05-24  Time: 20:28 pm

Author Topic: smashed my front end  (Read 5046 times)

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
smashed my front end
« on: 17 May 2015, 03:58:27 pm »
as titlas title says :'( [/size]i binned it into the side of a van on my way to the northwest 200 ,ill survive with a spraind wrist but my baby has seen better days :o [/size],so far what i can see that i need is,,,,,,,,,,,, front fairing, headlights and the frame thats inside that unit and left hand side infill panel,not sure are the forks unrepairable yet but i dont hold my hopes up special thanks have to go out to unfazed for carting my depressed ass the rest of the way to the racing and frightening the life out of me in the process :lol [/size],as its now residing on the operating table with unfazed waiting to operate id appreciate any foccers out there advice/parts/abuse :lol [/size],just to help along any/all onslought of sympathy or abuse hers a picture of my fazers second fall on its ass this weekend although i wasnt on it this time[/size]re of my fazers second fall on its ass this weekend although i wasnt on it this time :rolleyes
« Last Edit: 17 May 2015, 04:00:05 pm by downey »
please god let the sun keep shining

dilboy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: smashed my front end
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2015, 04:34:59 pm »
Bikes can be fixed fella,shame about the bike,but as long as your ok and able to ride another day.
"Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n' roll"

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2015, 04:39:44 pm »
Sorry to hear that Downey...glad youve come off pretty unscathed.

Be thankful that you didnt get your back end smashed in :b

Plus....is that a fazer in a hedge?.....now let me think...where have i seen that before :think

Get a few beers in you & a nice search on bike trader of all the bikes you might want and have a chill.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2015, 05:07:15 pm »
as titlas title says :'( i binned it into the side of a van on my way to the northwest 200 ,ill survive with a spraind wrist but my baby has seen better days :o ,so far what i can see that i need is,,,,,,,,,,,, front fairing, headlights and the frame thats inside that unit and left hand side infill panel,not sure are the forks unrepairable yet but i dont hold my hopes up special thanks have to go out to unfazed for carting my depressed ass the rest of the way to the racing and frightening the life out of me in the process :lol ,as its now residing on the operating table with unfazed waiting to operate id appreciate any foccers out there advice/parts/abuse :lol ,just to help along any/all onslought of sympathy or abuse hers a picture of my fazers second fall on its ass this weekend although i wasnt on it this timere of my fazers second fall on its ass this weekend although i wasnt on it this time :rolleyes

Nope. Still can't read that.

Another hedge cutter. Glad you're alive.
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2015, 07:33:26 pm »
It says ," he binned ot into the side of a van on the way to the northwest 200,,,poor chap,,

Get it fixed soon,,,Devilsyam has a scrathed yellow on with parts on it :lol
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2015, 07:47:29 pm »
at least your okay m8, nice change not to see a manikin led there, and a yellow bike,. ;)
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2015, 08:14:59 pm »
hey lads cheers for the well wishes,had a post up earlier dont no why it didnt work im ok broken wrist plaster for 6 weeks ,bike has been better though smashed front fairing smashed headlights bent forks broken left hand side infill panel and handelbars too arggghh sounds a lot but unfazed is keeping my hopes up that its reasonably handy to source and fix ,big up to unfazed as well for carrying my depressed ass th last 50 miles to the race and for straightening my bars almost straight lol so i could drive it home with my torch duct taped to the front lol ,hey its wat memories are made of ,,at least im around to laugh about it ,so nick your not the only one kicking yourself lol

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2015, 08:26:04 pm »
Hope you are ok after your crash. I have just listed my mint gen 1 front end on fleabay ;)  I have put links in the for sale section :)
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 May 2015, 08:35:23 pm »
yes nick talk about timing  :) looking true wat else i need from u now

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2015, 08:48:13 pm »
Doh! At least you survived in one piece. Having just binned mine, I really can sympathise.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2015, 09:00:57 pm »
This is what Downey meant to write :lol :lol :lol
As the title says :'( i binned it into the side of a van on my way to the northwest 200 ,ill survive with a sprained wrist but my baby has seen better days :o ,so far what i can see that i need is,,,,,,,,,,,, front fairing, headlights and the frame thats inside that unit and left hand side infill panel,not sure are the forks unrepairable yet but i dont hold my hopes up special thanks have to go out to unfazed for carting my depressed ass the rest of the way to the racing and frightening the life out of me in the process  :lol ,as its now residing on the operating table with unfazed waiting to operate id appreciate any foccers out there advice/parts/abuse :lol ,just to help along any/all onslought of sympathy or abuse hers a picture of my fazers second fall on its ass this weekend although i wasnt on it this time of my fazers second fall on its ass this weekend although i wasnt on it this time :rolleyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was ahead of him at the time, and we were actually going quite slow under 30mph as we were in a small village, I went through the silly painted on the road roundabout and noticed the white Van coming up to the roundabout and did not look like he was slowing down, looked in the mirror saw van going through and then saw Downey and bike on the Ground. I turned around and came back and he had as he said gone from sky, ground, sky, ground, to looking at his pride and joy on the ground and your man coming up to him. By the time I had parked they had picked up the bike.
At least he was up and looked uninjured. :)

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2015, 09:16:55 pm »
christ how did u pluck my earlier post from the technology interweb thingy  :eek ,never fail to amaze me

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 May 2015, 09:35:00 pm »
To continue the saga, after a bit of toing and froing they agreed to sort out the issue amicably.  We managed to get the bike to a friend of the van owner who allowed him to park it in the driveway until we got back from the races. :)

Me frighten Downey never, I never rode so slow  :eek to the NW200 :D .

To continue the story we arrived at the NW200 with 15 minutes to spare before the roads closed and parked the bike in the yard of a family I know from many years of parking there (£5 and well worth it) Told them the story and they supplied Ice, Pain Killers, Tea, Coffee and loads of sympathy :D to me for having to put up with him :lol :lol .

We had a good day at the races despite the red flags and hold up Downey even managed to wangle Ice and more Sympathy from a group who were watching the race at Juniper Hill Chicane and who had a beer and wine cooler with ice. I headed to the shop for tea, coffee and kit kat and arrived back to see Downey with an Ice pack and more sympathy being delivered  :lol
Unfortunately we missed meeting up with Bigbluebear and we headed back when the racing was over to collect the bike. After more tea, coffee and sympathy :D we headed off bck to the village to sort out the bike.
Got to the village and dropped downey to unlock the bike and talk to the man who allowed him park it there as I went to fill up with petrol.
took longer than I thought as the pump owner wanted to chat.
Arrived back to the house and there I see Downey and the old man looking at his bike doing a Nick Crisp in the hedge :rollin

Trying to keep serious and park my own bike without falling over and thinking "What the Foc".  :lol

I come in the gate to see Downey posing as if he had a shotgun shooting it. :rollin :rollin

Well he took it off the stand and forgot to take the lock of the back wheel.
We lifted it up and I pulled the forks as straight was possible with the old wheel between the legs trick :)

With no lights or clocks, Downey gets a LED torch and the old man gives him duct tape, and they taped it into the broken headlight.

A shame I never took a picture of it.
After pushing it on to the road side we headed on our merry way back to the hotel, which we just got to before it got dark :)

One tough Foccer we have here  he rode this: see pic of fork misalignment 260mile at motorway speed (ahem) :D with a broken wrist and an LED torch.

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 May 2015, 10:06:58 pm »
" :rollin doing a nick crisp on it"  poor nick might not ever hear the end of that ,its wasnt so bad on the straights but if you looked down and noticed the bars while going round the bends it got slightly confusing lol

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 May 2015, 10:18:21 pm »
Theres so much joy to take in from this post & im so tanked on ginger wine that i cant quite reel out my usual drivel.....

But tthat is a quality story & i think i wanna move to Ireland....dya think they'll let me in????......should i ask the missus??? :D

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 17 May 2015, 11:45:00 pm »
This is why I love this site and biking...Even crashing can be fun :D

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 May 2015, 07:38:42 am »
Theres so much joy to take in from this post & im so tanked on ginger wine that i cant quite reel out my usual drivel.....

But tthat is a quality story & i think i wanna move to Ireland....dya think they'll let me in????......should i ask the missus??? :D

Of course we would, Noggy, we could always do with another "Nutter Foccer" with a sense of humour. :lol :lol :lol

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 May 2015, 08:31:51 am »
It's funny how after you foc up then it usualy leads to other foc ups via all the fluster & cluster & folk yapping & everything isnt as the brain plannd it to be....& then..oh dear :groan

Tha's a classic strapping a torch on the front though :lol

I can still remember not long after i had my 600 & one o the carbs being stuck open & pissing fuel out over the road & i did 80 miles home with petrol flying out & thinking please dont ignite on the exhaust :\ ........fuel was running out fast & i the faster i went the more likely i could use the fuel :b .......just got home with fumes left in the tank 8)

If only slimwilly had been with yous to catologue events & do lots lof guffawing :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 May 2015, 10:12:19 am »
Epic story !
I wonder apart from any directional alignment issues. Is there a law to say you cant do this, after all by boxeye lights pass the mot every year. Do you have to have a facility for a full beam, I know that it is tested but like many things in the mot if it aint there its not testsed. 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 May 2015, 10:17:12 am »
Epic story !
I wonder apart from any directional alignment issues. Is there a law to say you cant do this, after all by boxeye lights pass the mot every year. Do you have to have a facility for a full beam, I know that it is tested but like many things in the mot if it aint there its not testsed.

You can get a daylight mot in the UK but the switchgear has to be blanked off or taped off etc coz if its therethen it has to work.

I think they just do what they want in Ireland :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 May 2015, 10:21:39 am »
You can get a daylight mot in the UK
Never heard of that before
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 May 2015, 10:30:31 am »
Unlucky bouncing the bike off the van and good to see you're okay, shame we missed each other, I managed to get an extra two pit lane passes for you both but you didn't answer your phone, probably down to the noise of them bikes.......here are some pictures I took to show you what you missed out on  :rollin :rollin :rollin :'(

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 May 2015, 10:48:43 am »
awww im goin mad now we were like a couple of convicts looking in through the bars at all that lol great pics dude ya my phone was foc all good up the north for some reason hope you didnt drink the anchor bar dry and left some for the locals :lol ,well catch you at the next one

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 May 2015, 04:51:26 pm »
Sorry to hear about your accident , at least your alright ,fingers crossed your back on the road soon .

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 May 2015, 05:26:57 pm »
Unlucky bouncing the bike off the van and good to see you're okay, shame we missed each other, I managed to get an extra two pit lane passes for you both but you didn't answer your phone, probably down to the noise of them bikes.......here are some pictures I took to show you what you missed out on  :rollin :rollin :rollin :'(

Thanks a bunch BBB  :foc
Not only have you further depressed Downey :'( you have me depressed now as well. :'( :'( :'(

The only time I did not have my phone headphones in listening to the commentary was when you rang and there was no way you would hear the phone between the PA and the bikes. We had moved to Juniper hill chicane and the PA was next to us which meant I did not need to hear the phone commentary. :\

Unfortunately when I rang back you would not talk to us :pokefun and then to add insult to injury (excuse the pun Downey  :D ) you text us later to say he was drinking the Anchor bar in Portstewart dry and we have to go back to look after Downeys baby

There is always the UGP  :thumbup