Date: 27-04-24  Time: 21:00 pm

Author Topic: What hope is there.............  (Read 2343 times)

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
What hope is there.............
« on: 25 March 2013, 01:23:46 pm »
TWICE in the last week alone I have followed someone who STILL hasn't worked out how their indicators function, signalling left instead of right and v/v.

Surely if they can't grasp the basics of driving, and are unaware of the repeater on the dashboard TELLING THEM they are wrong, they have no hope of ever being safe behind the wheel?  :eek :'(
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    • View Profile
Re: What hope is there.............
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2013, 01:26:34 pm »
Is that all?  I've had people turning right from the left lane of a roundabout.  In rush hour traffic leaving London.  People changing lanes suddenly, without indicating or looking in order to get two cars further up the road before they have to pull in again because of a bus lane.  People pulling out in front of me on roundabouts.  People changing lanes on roundabouts without looking. etc etc etc.

And that's just from today and Friday  :rolleyes

ponkster

• Weekend Warrior
  • Grumpy Old MF
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - VN 1500 P1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 March 2013, 02:37:49 pm »
It seems the way in Aberdeen to go round roundabouts in the outside lane for any exit !

Some days I could screem - in fact I do regularly!
"Don't Die with Fun in the Bank!"

Rebuilt

• DAS Born Again
  • Varadero 1000 09...used to be 99 Fazer in pic
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - honda Varadero 1000 (09)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2013, 05:09:25 pm »
everybody seems to be in such a rush these days especially in the crappy weather, people are just not aware of whats around them  :( ... i`ve had few vans crawl almost up my ass recently but i just dont play theyre silly games if anything i`ll drop speed a bit .

Way i see it is if you are rideing like you meant to then its them whos going to  run into a police car or somtjing n lose  8)
Even the morons who are in some sort of 1 2 miss a few even if you cant drive have a licence  ! , on junctions ...messing up  theyre left n right tail gateing numb nutted or  split ass should take a bike test with people obstructing them , see how they fare ...

Eh hem ...
 rant over .... silly people indeed  :rolleyes
Working on this bit :OP

dock

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - DT 175 MX
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2013, 10:12:31 pm »
as motorcyclist we just have to expect all other road users to do the wrong thing. so just avoid them. being in the right doesnt make hospital food taste any better.
A closed mouth gathers no foot !

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 March 2013, 11:22:37 am »
Worth remembering before you overtake, let's say, a car signalling left. The driver may THINK he is signalling right!!!!
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #6 on: 26 March 2013, 11:38:10 am »
Worth remembering before you overtake, let's say, a car signalling left. The driver may THINK he is signalling right!!!!

If you want to be safe you probably shouldn't be overtaking or even filtering at a junction in the first place...!

Liroka

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 March 2013, 01:17:46 pm »

I was behind a car last night that had to slam the anchors on because somebody in a large van indicated left instead of right when they pulled away from the kerb. I also think the car was too close to the van for the van driver to even consider moving off.
Google Cranium: The Browser For Your Brain.

Revilo18

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 March 2013, 01:45:52 pm »
On my way home yesterday i saw a cyclist nearly meet his maker when he indicated left by sticking his arm all the way out......... and he swooped into a small road on the right and into the path of the three-door boy racer who was overtaking him as he slowed for the corner!!! It's difficult to understand how you can get it wrong in a car - but pointing in the wrong direction!!!!!!    :eek
See you on the A3...

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 March 2013, 01:50:39 pm »
I've had people turning right from the left lane of a roundabout.
Same roundabout, different car this morning.  Woman started moving into my lane as we went round so I beeped at her and she shat herself.

Looney tune

• Cartographic Pickpocketing Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 March 2013, 11:32:01 pm »
Followed a car on the M8 through Glasgow earlier in the inside lane, it had a 'THINK BIKE' sticker on the back window, so why was he hugging the dotted line between lanes 1 & 2, handy for the filtering type lol.
Better to stand and look a fool than speak and prove it !
If it aint broke, I'll fix it till it is !!

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 March 2013, 11:11:31 am »
My local is right by a roundabout on a DUAL CARRIAGEWAY road.
In the summer I pass many bemused hours watching vehicles drive up to the roundabout in heavy traffic then straightline the roundabout
from the nearside lane?????????????? Its as if all the other vehicles are momentarily teleported away in the driver's tiny mind.
The grass on said RBT bears witness to many swerves and the air is punctuated with the regular sounds of horns and loud perjoratives.

I have even watched a police car do this ??????????????? :car

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 March 2013, 12:25:02 am »
Nothing much today, but for most of the time I had a police bike right behind me so people were behaving :D

Jamieg285

• Club Racer
  • What does this do?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 March 2013, 12:46:45 pm »
Twice this week, on the same road I've had a car start to undertake me on a single lane road. I wasn't even out wide looking to filter.  I could understand maybe if I was in London, but this is a small town.

The only way I can think of stopping this is moving further inboard on the road, but that compromises my view of the road ahead.   :(

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #14 on: 28 March 2013, 01:29:13 pm »
Twice this week, on the same road I've had a car start to undertake me on a single lane road. I wasn't even out wide looking to filter.  I could understand maybe if I was in London, but this is a small town.

The only way I can think of stopping this is moving further inboard on the road, but that compromises my view of the road ahead.   :(

The advice in the Police Motorcycle Roadcraft is to position for Safety, Stability and View in that order.

As such, in the situation you describe, you should sacrifice the extended view ahead for better safety to stop idiots trying to undertake you.

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 29 March 2013, 12:21:08 pm »
Sounds like it is their little protest against what they perceive to be "road hogging".

Presumably their driving style will not include proactive driving they therefore do not allow for this in others. :car