Date: 27-04-24  Time: 11:12 am

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 226619 times)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: TALKING B****CKS THREAD
« Reply #3150 on: 28 May 2019, 07:31:07 pm »
I wish to announce......... that I will not be standing as a candidate for leader of the Conservative Party.

:)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: 28 May 2019, 07:36:33 pm »
The sooner we are out the better, do what the voters voted for as the result for the referendum.
Even the no deal will be a result then the country can get on rebuilding Great Britain,,and build a wall between Scotland and England again.

An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: 28 May 2019, 07:53:38 pm »

And do not forget that the outcome of the EU elections is Labour becoming a REMAIN party.

Thanks Nige :D

...and their subsequent loss of over 5 million Labour voters who voted Leave in the EU referendum.

Yep thanks Nige :lol
« Last Edit: 28 May 2019, 07:55:48 pm by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: 28 May 2019, 08:23:01 pm »

Indeed.  You would not vote Green if you fundamentally opposed the EU.  The Green Party is a pro EU party – no question.

25% of Green Party voters opted for Leave in the 2016 EU referendum apparently ;)

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: 28 May 2019, 08:34:04 pm »

Indeed.  You would not vote Green if you fundamentally opposed the EU.  The Green Party is a pro EU party – no question.

25% of Green Party voters opted for Leave in the 2016 EU referendum apparently ;)

That's obviously a big fat lie. It's a well known fact (Known by at least 2 people) that every single person who voted Green, only voted for them because they are anti Brexit, they don't actually give a toss about the environment and the big move to Green parties throughout Europe is entirely Brexit related too by the way. ;)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: 28 May 2019, 08:41:45 pm »
Just a couple of Light Ales in the Hand and Racquet  ;)
That's a positive blow-out compared with the 3 steaming hot mugs of chicory essence No Change UK shared leaning up against Fred's Pie Stall in the market square ;)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: 28 May 2019, 09:40:27 pm »
Harley Davidson looking for a European manufactuering base.
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2019/may/harley-davidson-build-europe/

But of course like a great many companies one country they will not be considering right now is the UK.
BREXIT will destroy manufactering in the UK.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #3157 on: 28 May 2019, 10:14:32 pm »
Err, no, that just shows areas, not the number of people.

Yes I was aware of that Grahamm ;) . I just liked the look of it and knew that you wouldn't :lol .

I don't give a damn about the "look" of it. It just shows nothing helpful or useful to back up your claims.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: 28 May 2019, 10:18:31 pm »
Oh and PS, the number of people who signed the petition Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU - 6,085,326
'The number of people who signed the petition'...that's a bold claim claim given the findings of exactly who, or rather what, has 'voted', and how many times, in previous online petitions

Ah, yes, the Leave voters who were *so* confident in their "victory" that they had to try to sabotage the petition.

Which is why the Petition Site put in place robust methods to ensure that fake votes and bots and invalid foreign vote etc etc were screened out.

By the way, remind us how many people signed the "Leave" petition.

I'll stick to the only count that truly matters thanks Grahamm. The election system where only real, registered and eligible voters participate

Yeah, about that... UK government may face court action after EU citizens denied vote

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: 28 May 2019, 10:21:51 pm »
  Minus the Green vote, which could be as much down to David Attenborough and the fact that the environmental crisis is never out of the news at the moment, as it is Brexit and it's 4,697,611 against 5,802,996.

Err, WTF? The Green Party has been in favour of Remain from the start!!

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: 28 May 2019, 10:23:21 pm »
I wish to announce......... that I will not be standing as a candidate for leader of the Conservative Party.

I'm not standing and neither is my wife!

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: 28 May 2019, 10:31:07 pm »

By the way, remind us how many people signed the "Leave" petition.

As already indicated I've no confidence in petitions, only official elections :thumbup
« Last Edit: 28 May 2019, 10:32:25 pm by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: 28 May 2019, 10:43:14 pm »

I'll stick to the only count that truly matters thanks Grahamm. The election system where only real, registered and eligible voters participate

Yeah, about that... UK government may face court action after EU citizens denied vote

If there has been an injustice regarding voter  eligibility then I sincerely hope that it's corrected. I guess we'll just have to wait and see :) .

It doesn't shake my faith in the democratic system though Grahamm. Does it you?.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: 28 May 2019, 10:51:07 pm »

Err, WTF? The Green Party has been in favour of Remain from the start!!

Very true of the party, but not all of their voters. As mentioned previously, 25% voted 'Leave' in the 2016 EU referendum.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: 28 May 2019, 10:57:24 pm »

If there has been an injustice regarding voter  eligibility then I sincerely hope that it's corrected. I guess we'll just have to wait and see :) .
It doesn't shake my faith in the democratic system though Grahamm. Does it you?.

I heard this story this morning on the radio and it was a Polish caller and I understood that it was EU nationals wanting to vote for parties in their own country but were just wanting to do it from this one. The caller went on to explain that they made a few calls to Poland and got it all sorted.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: 28 May 2019, 11:12:02 pm »
Can I just post this again;

But of course like a great many companies one country they will not be considering right now is the UK.
BREXIT will destroy manufactering in the UK.

Why are people so determined to wreck our economy.  Why are so many ordinary people in England and Wales desperate to be poorer?

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: 28 May 2019, 11:15:07 pm »
I respect everybody's views. I just don't happen to agree with them. And I can do that without actually calling them pricks :lol
Carlisle - I smell no biscuits either. Mind you in a Premier Inn all I can smell is harpic :)

So, the country is split (more or less) in half between hard Brexit and hard Remain. How do we get out of this mess?

Implying that someone is a prick on a face to face basis is still grounds for a fucking slap in my book - but you'd avoid that wouldn't you....
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: 28 May 2019, 11:31:13 pm »
Implying that someone is a prick on a face to face basis is still grounds for a fucking slap in my book - but you'd avoid that wouldn't you....
You clearly don't understand. I don't call anybody a prick, unless I know them very well  :)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: 28 May 2019, 11:37:51 pm »
I heard this story this morning on the radio and it was a Polish caller and I understood that it was EU nationals wanting to vote for parties in their own country but were just wanting to do it from this one. The caller went on to explain that they made a few calls to Poland and got it all sorted.
I think you're right, it was for voting in their own country, but not sure they all could get it resolved with 'a few calls'. What's clear was that there was a cock up due to the short notice.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: 28 May 2019, 11:47:49 pm »
Are you heading up to Scotland mtread?.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: 28 May 2019, 11:48:26 pm »
I think you're right, it was for voting in their own country, but not sure they all could get it resolved with 'a few calls'. What's clear was that there was a cock up due to the short notice.
it is being portrayed that they are being prevented to vote for one of the remain parties when they were not even trying to vote for any uk party.
« Last Edit: 28 May 2019, 11:57:59 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: 29 May 2019, 11:34:46 am »
Very true of the party, but not all of their voters. As mentioned previously, 25% voted 'Leave' in the 2016 EU referendum.

So what? How someone voted previously doesn't mean that they will vote the same way next time (unless you're a rabid "my Party right or wrong" supporter).

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: 29 May 2019, 11:49:59 am »
Can I just post this again;

Thank foc for that  :lol

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: 29 May 2019, 01:07:48 pm »
I'm with you there Hedgetrimmer over priced crap

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: 29 May 2019, 03:25:55 pm »

So what? How someone voted previously doesn't mean that they will vote the same way next time (unless you're a rabid "my Party right or wrong" supporter).

And you don't know that they have changed their minds either.

However when you were adding up the various parties EU Parliament election votes into Remain V Leave totals the other day, you'd put every single Green voter into 'Remain' :rolleyes

Oh and apparently around 30% of Liberal Democrat supporters voted Leave in 2016, but you've put 100% of them in your 'Remain' tally too :\

« Last Edit: 29 May 2019, 04:30:47 pm by YamFazFan »