Date: 27-04-24  Time: 11:19 am

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 226626 times)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #1975 on: 01 February 2019, 06:43:05 am »
im afraid I have no respect for any MPs whatsoever, but then again they very obviously  feel exactly the same about me to be fair..

:agree
They're similar to trying to pick a winner in a horse race, you eliminate the really shit ones first then work your way backwards until you're left with one likely candidate.
You don't have to particularly like them but they appear to be the likeliest winner.
Then once the race is off they fall at the first fence.  :lol
« Last Edit: 01 February 2019, 03:26:07 pm by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: 01 February 2019, 07:46:12 am »
I don't want No Deal.
A few weeks ago all you Leavers said you wanted No Deal! Nothing else would do. O yes you did, the evidence is on this thread.
Does that mean people are allowed to change their minds on Brexit?  :pokefun
Calm down, calm down.
I said most recently on 25th January in this thread that 'No Deal' wasn't going to happen.
I said on 28th January that I hoped May's deal would get through Parliament.
If you still want to leave and No Deal isn't a realistic option, then Deal it is. Anything other than Remain.
« Last Edit: 01 February 2019, 07:52:10 am by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: 01 February 2019, 07:49:39 am »
I don't want No Deal. I want them to agree a deal.
What! :eek :eek :eek

Calm down, calm down.
I said most recently on 25th January in this thread that 'No Deal' wasn't going to happen.
I said on 28th January that I hoped May's deal would get through Parliament.
If you still want to leave and No Deal isn't a realistic option, then Deal it is. Anything other than Remain.

« Last Edit: 01 February 2019, 07:52:47 am by YamFazFan »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: 01 February 2019, 10:18:20 am »
Calm down, calm down.I said most recently on 25th January in this thread that 'No Deal' wasn't going to happen.I said on 28th January that I hoped May's deal would get through Parliament.If you still want to leave and No Deal isn't a realistic option, then Deal it is. Anything other than Remain.

So you've changed your mind. Excellent! You're in favour of a 2nd Referendum. Allow everybody else the same option.  :)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: 01 February 2019, 10:33:03 am »

Calm down, calm down.I said most recently on 25th January in this thread that 'No Deal' wasn't going to happen.I said on 28th January that I hoped May's deal would get through Parliament.If you still want to leave and No Deal isn't a realistic option, then Deal it is. Anything other than Remain.

So you've changed your mind. Excellent! You're in favour of a 2nd Referendum. Allow everybody else the same option.  :)

Is another referendum required in order to deliver Brexit via either Deal or No Deal?.

You'd best write to the government ASAP to let them know the error of their ways ;)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: 01 February 2019, 10:42:14 am »

So you've changed your mind. Excellent!

It's become clear that No Deal is a now a non-runner. Didn't you watch/read about the amendment vote in the Commons the on Tuesday?.

If you read back through my posts you'll see I'd declared No Deal dead a while before that.

The second best option is Deal, which I'm now hoping for.

Do try to keep up :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: 01 February 2019, 11:12:00 am »
It's become clear that No Deal is a now a non-runner. Didn't you watch/read about the amendment vote in the Commons the on Tuesday?.
If you read back through my posts you'll see I'd declared No Deal dead a while before that.
The second best option is Deal, which I'm now hoping for.
Do try to keep up

Of course I'm keeping up, very much so   :) . I told you No Deal wasn't going to happen well before you changed your mind. :b  What you need to do is let other people change their minds too. The best options are clearly
1. Remain
2. 2nd Referendum
3. Customs Union and Single Market for whole UK
4. DUP can foc off and not hold the rest of the country to ransom

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: 01 February 2019, 11:40:15 am »

It's not a case of changing my mind.

'No Deal'is a dead duck but I still want to leave, so 'Deal' is a compromise.

I realise compromise is an alien word to the arch Remainers.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: 01 February 2019, 12:22:09 pm »

Just to remind you of some of your previous posts  :D

29th Dec '' It suits me fine if she loses the vote, we'll just come out with no deal at the end of March ''
17th Dec '' When I voted Leave I assumed it meant a No Deal type exit.''

No Deal - > Deal = changing your mind.
I'll compromise. No 3 full Customs Union + Single Market. Deal?  :)
« Last Edit: 01 February 2019, 12:59:03 pm by mtread »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: 01 February 2019, 01:51:37 pm »

No one is going to come out of this with everything that they expected at the beginning, or even what they expected up until quite recently.

I've come to accept that leaving with No Deal is almost impossible. I have to say almost because it's theoretically still on the table and is the default situation. But to advocate No Deal alone to the exclusion of all else is flogging a dead horse.

If that means I've 'changed my mind' on how we leave, then yes I've changed my mind.

I haven't changed my mind on the original question that was on the ballot paper. Leaving with a deal is still Leave.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: 01 February 2019, 02:44:16 pm »
Fair enough. I hope other Leavers think the same as you. Some see any kind of deal with the EU as a betrayal.

I'm starting to give up on Remain, however much I would like it to happen. With the two big parties talking  :eek  and neither of them supporting a 2nd Referendum, it's not going to happen, whatever opinion polls suggest the people now think. At the end of the day politicians are always in charge.

So my preference is for damage limitation now. A good close deal with the EU so that business can get on with things and EU residents can come and go as we /they please. Sort of Norway plus. Perhaps we could join the EU at a later date  :)

Apart from that Remain 'till I die   :thumbup
« Last Edit: 01 February 2019, 03:12:29 pm by mtread »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: 01 February 2019, 04:23:28 pm »
3. Customs Union and Single Market for whole UK
Not Single Market. That entails so much compromise as to make Brexit virtually meaningless.
As for the Customs Union, peace has got to be maintained as the number one priority.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: 01 February 2019, 04:31:47 pm »
Trouble is, Single Market includes Financial Services, Insurance etc and without that access across Europe we are stuffed

RIP Jeremy Hardy. You made us all smile. You made us all think.

« Last Edit: 01 February 2019, 04:36:59 pm by mtread »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: 01 February 2019, 07:31:11 pm »

At the time No Deal appeared achievable.
What do you mean achievable?  You only achieve NO DEAL by failing to get a DEAL.  OK, maybe such a level of incompetence takes some doing, perhaps it would be an achievement.

29th Dec '' It suits me fine if she loses the vote, we'll just come out with no deal at the end of March ''
17th Dec '' When I voted Leave I assumed it meant a No Deal type exit.''
That’s because they voted for BREXIT thinking the country would be 350 million a week better off, and it would all happen the day after the vote. 

I haven't changed my mind on the original question that was on the ballot paper. Leaving with a deal is still Leave.
May I remind you what May’s deal is – it is a withdrawal agreement.  It is not a settled position.  After the 31st of march under May’s deal we are no longer members of the EU.  However we will continue to have single market access to allow us to trade seamlessly with the EU whilst we negotiate our future position – ie a trade deal with the EU.  That means we will follow the rules of the market, but we will no longer be involved in setting the rules.  Effectively on the first of April 2019 under May’s deal we cease to be a truly sovereign state as we are right now today. 

Now if it took us two years to get into this mess just trying to draw up a withdrawal agreement – ie the easy bit, how long do you think it will take us to renegotiate agriculture, fisheries and food, business and competition, customs and tax etc etc.  It will never happen, not within two years.  And you will not be able to do a trade deal with any other country until that lot and 100 other wee matters are sorted out.

So you end up in the backstop, held in a customs union, run by the EU.  Taking EU rules.   The backstop is there as we all know to protect the peace in Ireland and the UK.  You cannot leave the customs union until the EU is satisfied that you have satisfactorily negotiated your way out of all the EU treaties we spent the last 45 years negotiating our way into.

Meanwhile the UK will haemorrhage business nervous of loosing EU access and trade, the pound will continue to slide, inflation will rise, nobody will invest in the UK as they will have no idea of what our long-term trading strategy is.  Therefore, mass unemployment will follow.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: 01 February 2019, 07:32:45 pm »

And then there is the nightmare of the Irish border.

How does the EU manage its border with Brazil ?

or Switzerland?

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: 01 February 2019, 07:35:48 pm »
 The only positive thing I can say about May’s deal is;

Well after two years of trying to negotiate our way out of all the treaties and rules we have painstakingly negotiated our way into over 45 odd years.  And after another two years of our parliament unable to do any other business bar BREXIT, and indeed when we find ourselves stuck in the backstop with no way out...............

Well maybe, 2 to 3 years down the road, we will understand we were better off as full members of the EU.  Which is what we’ll end up doing to get out of the backstop.

I certainly hope so. :)

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: 01 February 2019, 08:08:58 pm »
MESSAGE FOR THE EU- Other countries cope and prosper outside the EU, why can't we?
« Last Edit: 01 February 2019, 08:12:20 pm by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: 01 February 2019, 08:49:06 pm »
MESSAGE FOR THE EU- Other countries cope and prosper outside the EU, why can't we?
Message for BREXITEERS – why do you want to ignore the biggest single open seamless trading market in the world.  A market that we have built, promoted and prospered from for some 45 years.   A market that accounts for 25% of global GDP and is right on our doorstep.

Why do you want to erect barriers to doing business with your immediate neighbours?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: 01 February 2019, 09:20:10 pm »

Message for BREXITEERS – why do you want to ignore the biggest single open seamless trading market in the world.  A market that we have built, promoted and prospered from for some 45 years.   A market that accounts for 25% of global GDP and is right on our doorstep.

That is the ONLY bit I want to keep.
« Last Edit: 01 February 2019, 09:37:43 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: 01 February 2019, 09:45:27 pm »
Why do you want to erect barriers to doing business with your immediate neighbours?

Isn't that exactly what the SNP have been wanting to do for years?

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: 01 February 2019, 09:54:17 pm »
Isn't that exactly what the SNP have been wanting to do for years?
Nope.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: 01 February 2019, 10:28:44 pm »

because I don't like living under their jackboot any more than you like living under the English one ;)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: 01 February 2019, 11:01:52 pm »
or Switzerland?
Switzerland isn't in the EU....... but it's in the Customs Union, the Single Market, EFTA and Schengen. All of which May has refused for the UK.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: 01 February 2019, 11:07:46 pm »
That is the ONLY bit I want to keep.
But the UK can't just pick and choose the bits that suit them. Which is exactly what the EU have been telling May all along.
What you can't also do, is agree a deal then come back at the 59th minute wanting to change it!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: 01 February 2019, 11:21:18 pm »

This cartoon you posted is proof that you really don't get it, you posted it as an anti brexit cartoon but totally failed to understand how leavers would see it.
Let me try and help you. Take your loathing of the English and the hatread and contempt you so readily spew out against "Westminster" - actually doesn't matter to you which government sits there. Unfortunately for you Vladimir already has a job.

Well a lot of your reasons and thinking are the same as a lot of leavers but instead they are directed at the way the EU is run. Strange how a scots independence voter does not want to be ruled from "westminster"  all of 400 miles away but perfectly happy to take rules from Brussels 700 miles away.   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.