Date: 27-04-24  Time: 12:58 pm

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 226684 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #1375 on: 07 January 2019, 09:23:29 pm »
I think even the most hardened remainers agree that the EU is not all perfect.
Perhaps.  But unlike you you, they might just know what it is they don't like.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: 07 January 2019, 09:39:36 pm »
You hear that mtread ?  I'm the referee.....that means, I'm the good so I get to be Clint Eastwood. 

Dazza, You might be Clint Eastwood though, he's a friend of Trump.

Ahh, Donald Trump.....What a magnificent gentleman he is.
I hear he's selling rice to the Chinese..... That's like selling ice to the Eskimos  :lol

I think the EU is jealous that his plans to build  a wall will out "Trump"  :D the  one built along the Turkish border......Funded by.......The EU.
Good to know where your money is being spent
Of course, you can't build a wall, it's racist ...it's Fascist......they're just fucking cunts.... :grumble
Oh no, I'm starting to sound like VNA :lol

http://www.iamawake.co/the-eu-funded-wall-that-nobody-wants-to-talk-about-turkey-syria/

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: 07 January 2019, 09:45:45 pm »

You often hear The EU saying how The UK can't just cherry pick all the good bits of membership (or words to that effect).

That must mean there's some crap as well then?.
I think even the most hardened remainers agree that the EU is not all perfect. But they think somehow they can improve it with their 9.7% influence. There is no changing the EU, leavers have woken up to this fact.

The EU is an almost never ending project towards creating a European super-state and all that entails.

Some people are happy with that. I'm not.

One thing's for sure. They're right hacked off that we're getting out of it all. Bye bye, missing you already (not) lol.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: 07 January 2019, 10:08:56 pm »
The EU is an almost never ending project towards creating a European super-state and all that entails.
That’s just meaningless rhetoric.  In any case the EU is never going to become a super state.  And if you want to guarantee that such a fantasy never happens, well stay in so you can veto what will never be proposed.

Some people are happy with that. I'm not.
You are not happy about something that ain’t gonna happen.
That’s interesting. :)   
One thing's for sure. They're right hacked off that we're getting out of it all.
If you mean the EU, well of course they are not.  But at the end of the day it’s gonna hurt us a heck of a lot more than it’s gonna hurt them.  If we are really determined to do something stupid, well there ain’t much they can do to stop us.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: 07 January 2019, 10:09:56 pm »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: 07 January 2019, 10:19:05 pm »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: 07 January 2019, 10:21:56 pm »

Are you sure that's a stopwatch in his hand?. Looks suspiciously like a small bottle of brandy to me :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: 07 January 2019, 10:54:43 pm »
That’s just meaningless rhetoric.  In any case the EU is never going to become a super state.  And if you want to guarantee that such a fantasy never happens, well stay in so you can veto what will never be proposed.

It is pretty much the stated direction of the EU with integration deepening. Junker wants a bigger EU budget and his dream is to have a directly-elected president of the EU.In his recent state of the union speech Junker appealed to MEPs and heads of government to give the EU the powers and characteristics traditionally restricted to states.
The EU wants its own foreign policy with decisions made on the basis of a qualified majority vote in which the will of 55% of member states would win the day. So our so called "veto" is an impotent joke. And path to a superstate is not one leap that can be vetoed but a series of smaller steps leading to the final goal.   
Even Juncker himself has conceded that the EU was “imperfect”.
« Last Edit: 07 January 2019, 11:00:58 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: 07 January 2019, 11:24:18 pm »
Quote from: VNA on Today at 10:08:56 PM<blockquote>Quote<blockquote>The EU is an almost never ending project towards creating a European super-state and all that entails.</blockquote>That’s just meaningless rhetoric.  In any case the EU is never going to become a super state.  And if you want to guarantee that such a fantasy never happens, well stay in so you can veto what will never be proposed.
 </blockquote>It is pretty much the stated direction of the EU with integration deepening. Junker wants a bigger EU budget and his dream is to have a directly-elected president of the EU.In his recent state of the union speech Junker appealed to MEPs and heads of government to give the EU the powers and characteristics traditionally restricted to states.
The EU wants its own foreign policy with decisions made on the basis of a qualified majority vote in which the will of 55% of member states would win the day. So our so called "veto" is an impotent joke. And path to a superstate is not one leap that can be vetoed but a series of smaller steps leading to the final goal.   
Even Juncker himself has conceded that the EU was “imperfect”.   « Last Edit: Today at 11:00:58 PM »

Who doesn’t want a bigger budget.
 directly-elected president of the EU?   
 But that’s what you want.  Isn’t it?  Or can you not now make up your mind.

Juncker expressed many hopes and visons in that speech, as is his right, and a lot of it good stuff too. 
But
1.        what are these powers and characteristics traditionally restricted to states
2.       How do you think that is going to be agreed?

The EU comprises of 28 members.  The EU is it’s members.  I don’t think you’ll get one member to agree to a majority vote forgein policy never mind 28.  Of course whatever that is.  Juncker can dream all he wants.

So you are saying that you want to leave the EU, for reasons concerning issues that have yet to happen, and quite frankly never will happen.  Not to mention the only way you can guarantee that, (I can't believe I'm saying this :lol ) what is not going to happen, is not going to happen, is by continued membership.The VETO.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: 07 January 2019, 11:47:57 pm »

You say these things will 'never happen', but history has proved that the once unimaginable integration has indeed happened and continues apace.

Whoever could have imagined at the inception of the EEC that we would be where we are now?.

If that's what you're happy with fair enough. Not all of us are though. We had a referendum on it and it was rejected.

I'm surprised that someone who believes so strongly in the independence of countries within the UK is however happy to be shackled to the EU.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: 08 January 2019, 12:01:13 am »
Don't you just love rhetoric, hot air and second guessing.

Me or you shooting off your/my big mouth and falling out with each other will not make one jot or tittle of difference.

As the old saying goes 'Opinions are like Arseholes everybody has got one' and we are all different in our similarities.

I was watching Mrs May on the TV tonight and listening to her, not just what she was saying, but her tone and watching her mannerisms, I predict if she fails and I sadly believe she will (She has very few supporters where it matters) she will have a complete breakdown.

Like a lamb to the slaughter.  :'(

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: 08 January 2019, 12:04:48 am »
Just to lighten it up a bit  :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: 08 January 2019, 12:22:10 am »
No the EU isn't perfect
The UK is far from perfect
My Local Council is not perfect
My Badminton Club isn't perfect

I/we can't decide all the rules.

As VNA said, if you want all the same trade agreements with the EU as before, you need to join a Customs Union with them, either within or outside of the EU. Whichever it is you need to accept a bunch of rules, otherwise it doesn't work.

So if we want a trade deal but be outside of the EU,  we go from 9.7% to 0%.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: 08 January 2019, 12:24:06 am »
she will have a complete breakdown.
She doesn't care.  It doesn't effect her.  All she ever wanted to do was play at being PM.
Don't be taken in by these actors.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: 08 January 2019, 12:24:24 am »
Just to lighten it up a bit 
:thumbup  COYS

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: 08 January 2019, 12:25:24 am »
So if we want a trade deal but be outside of the EU,  we go from 9.7% to 0%.
Or 100% (veto) to 0% (No Veto)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: 08 January 2019, 12:43:36 am »

Whoever could have imagined at the inception of the EEC that we would be where we are now?.
I know, it’s amazing.  A bit sad though that we’ve spent 40 years building this with our EU partners (all 27 of them – who would have ever thought!), we have been key architects in the whole thing, and now, hoodwinked by a bunch of charlatans, we could be about to throw it all away.

If that's what you're happy with fair enough. Not all of us are though. We had a referendum on it and it was rejected.

Yamfazfan, but like Fazersharp, you moan about unelected bureaucrats, but yet when one of those so called unelected bureaucrats suggests (perhaps having taken stock of some peoples concerns) that he be directly elected, the BREXITEERS express horror and revulsion.

The trowth is tha youse dinnae ken whit youse want.  But youse dae need somewan tae wyte. And youse will wyte whom ye huv been telt tae wyte.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: 08 January 2019, 01:02:09 am »
I was watching Mrs May on the TV tonight and listening to her, not just what she was saying, but her tone and watching her mannerisms, I predict if she fails and I sadly believe she will (She has very few supporters where it matters) she will have a complete breakdown.
Like a lamb to the slaughter. 

The woman who as Home Office Minister, created a 'hostile environment' which deported genuine British Citizens  :thumbdown

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: 08 January 2019, 07:02:13 am »

The trowth is tha youse dinnae ken whit youse want.  But youse dae need somewan tae wyte. And youse will wyte whom ye huv been telt tae wyte.

For the benefit of those who don't read old Scots

The truth is don't know what you want. but you do need someone to blame. And you will blame who you have been told to blame.
« Last Edit: 08 January 2019, 07:03:13 am by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: 08 January 2019, 08:36:07 am »

Me or you shooting off your/my big mouth and falling out with each other

You speak for yourself. Oh you are :lol .

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: 08 January 2019, 08:44:43 am »

Me or you shooting off your/my big mouth and falling out with each other will not make one jot or tittle of difference.

As the old saying goes 'Opinions are like Arseholes everybody has got one' and we are all different in our similarities.

Yep more pearls of wisdom from the Bard Of The Bricks :lol

Keep them coming :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: 08 January 2019, 09:51:58 am »

As VNA said, if you want all the same trade agreements with the EU as before, you need to join a Customs Union with them, either within or outside of the EU. Whichever it is you need to accept a bunch of rules, otherwise don't join, or leave the club if you don't like the rules and join another club where you do like the rules, there is a much bigger club called WTO.

Fixed it for you
« Last Edit: 08 January 2019, 09:52:52 am by fazersharp »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: 08 January 2019, 09:53:42 am »

Yep more pearls of wisdom from the Bard Of The Bricks :lol

Keep them coming :lol
:rollin BOTB

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: 08 January 2019, 10:10:50 am »
a much bigger club called WTO
Which is a bit like standing in the street,  when the bouncers have chucked you out of the other clubs because you're too pissed to know what you're doing  :D

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: 08 January 2019, 10:36:59 am »
a much bigger club called WTO
Which is a bit like standing in the street,  when the bouncers have chucked you out of the other clubs because you're too pissed to know what you're doing  :D
Nah ----getting lost now with that one