Date: 28-04-24  Time: 07:10 am

Author Topic: Fake cops  (Read 2933 times)

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Fake cops
« on: 04 July 2014, 05:18:13 am »
Passed a guy yesterday who had the usual pan European. White. Police rep stickers. Black leathers. Solid white skid lid. High vis jacket with polite on it that looks like a police one....

Why?
Intentionally left blank

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Fake cops
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2014, 05:59:21 am »
Got 2 bikers like that around by my work, you'd be amazed how cars move over to let them through though, i've even moved over myself, i think they get some kind of self important kick out of it.  :bobby
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2014, 10:19:00 am »
I used to find when riding my Pan European which was red and didn't have any disco lights that the traffic used to part to allow me through a lot more than when riding anything else.
No flash gear on either, black lid, black jacket and orange & white gloves. Exactly the same gear as I wear on other bikes.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

hightower

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 July 2014, 11:25:34 am »
I've encountered one or two of these myself. I would love to get them in a room with me so I can try and work out what goes through their head. And then maybe get the boys in after to see if I could get it back out of their head.  :rollin

Fazafou

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 July 2014, 11:45:18 am »
Was behind one today actually, he even had his helmet bluetooth sender attached to a lapel on his hi vis, so it looked like the radio units they wear on their jackets.

They say its to increase their visibility, which actually works i suppose, but a but sad imo.

MEM62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 July 2014, 11:50:42 am »
Frustrated wanabe cops I would imagine. 

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 July 2014, 01:13:15 pm »
Live and let live. It can be frustrating if you do a lot of filtering and find some drivers won't move over.  Anything that makes you more noticeable and helps you make more progress has got to be a good thing. They are not breaking any laws and are harming no-one. So,  tuck in behind them and share the advantage. Not for me though,  it does look a bit dickish.

Fazafou

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 July 2014, 01:48:33 pm »

. They are not breaking any laws

Impersonating a police officer ;)

The issue I have with them is they all seem a bit holier than thou type bikers, but yeah, each to their own.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 July 2014, 07:42:07 pm »
And they tend to be more interested in intimidating other road users than filtering
Intentionally left blank

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 July 2014, 08:38:29 pm »
they are tossers just like those car drivers who put blue lights in the headlamps, all aimed to make you believe they're are the police so you give way to them.
imo they should be arrested for impersonating because if nothing is done it will only escalate and you'll never be able to spot the real thing
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 July 2014, 08:50:39 pm »
Oh you will, the real ones ram you off the road, spray you with cs gas and beat you up.  :lol

Only joking Stevierst. :b
« Last Edit: 04 July 2014, 09:07:13 pm by dazza »

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 July 2014, 09:01:26 pm »
Oh you will, the real ones ram you off the road, spray you with cs gas and beat you up.  :lol

Only joking Stevierst.
Give it time,  the politist's haven't cottoned on to that yet :)

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 July 2014, 09:13:18 pm »

Have I pulled you over before Dazza? :P

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #13 on: 04 July 2014, 09:32:32 pm »
When I did my Direct Access my Instructor had a big white BMW with Hi-Viz on it.

One time we were pulled over at the side of the road for a bit of a debrief when a Police car came past on blues and twos. As they past, there was a quick be-beep from their horn :D

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 July 2014, 05:38:16 am »
Please - no judgements........ It's just a matter of taste........ There is no right or wrong.

Live and let live. What they wear works for them, none of our business,
. Why call them dick's? Surely, Fazer owners are above such petty name calling and self righteousness  :)

After all, we have such good taste that we all demonstrate our superiority by riding the best bikes.

I bet no-one has ever thought, as a bunch of Foccers on a run together together go by........ "What a bunch of dick's, all on the same bikes, posing b'stards".

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 05 July 2014, 10:20:25 am »
Same as I don't say what a bunch of dicks riding the same bike when a group of police bikes go by. There are some who probably would though ;)

If it was ok to have police markings and blue lights  they wouldn't remove the originals when police vehicles are sold on to the public. 

Millietant do you own a Pan european by chance ;)
« Last Edit: 05 July 2014, 10:23:39 am by midden »

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 July 2014, 02:31:47 pm »
Please - no judgements........ It's just a matter of taste........ There is no right or wrong.

Live and let live. What they wear works for them, none of our business,
. Why call them dick's? Surely, Fazer owners are above such petty name calling and self righteousness  :)

After all, we have such good taste that we all demonstrate our superiority by riding the best bikes.

I bet no-one has ever thought, as a bunch of Foccers on a run together together go by........ "What a bunch of dick's, all on the same bikes, posing b'stards".

No but i have ridden with a bunch of fazers and though dicks :lol
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

GrahamB

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • FZ750 proboards forum
« Reply #17 on: 05 July 2014, 09:33:47 pm »
My guess is they were either bullied at school, have very small penises, are as yet still waiting to use said small penises for anything other than violent self manipulation, have very few or no friends, couldn't get in the actual police force or any combination of the afore mentioned.
 Imagine their neighbours thoughts (who all know they work at the local BHS distribution depot in the gate house, opening the barrier or not, telling lorry drivers where they can & can't go, what to wear, when to get out of their cabs etc) watching them ride off in pretend police gear.
 Absolutely zero respect from me if you hadn't guessed.  If I saw one of these pathetic loners whilst out on my bike I would have to express my opinion  using whichever means possible. Hand gestures & head shakes spring to mind but let's not rule out a defiant 2nd or 3rd gear wheelie past them as close as possible just to let them know they are fooling no one. I would then no doubt spend the rest of the day/evening hoping they weren't the actual police.   :'(

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 July 2014, 09:37:16 pm »
Same as I don't say what a bunch of dicks riding the same bike when a group of police bikes go by. There are some who probably would though ;)

If it was ok to have police markings and blue lights  they wouldn't remove the originals when police vehicles are sold on to the public. 

Millietant do you own a Pan european by chance ;)

Not yet - BUT.......maybe I'm a latent Pan owner !

Wait a minute, nooooooooo, never !

I'm not a one for group riding, although I do actually enjoy riding with other people - it's just that I always like to the one who decides whether to turn left, or right, at a T junction - rather than being one of the sheep who just follow.

Mind you, I really am a poseur at heart. Last year a bunch our mates went with us to the Devonshire Arms, near Bolton Abbey for a day out. That place has a car park full of Bentleys, Rollers, Range Rovers and high end sports cars on Sunday lunchtimes - all the toffs go there.

We beat them all, arriving in a "group" of 3 helicopters, landing on the lawn......... But the sad thing was, having spent all of our money on getting there, all we could afford from the menu was a glass of water and a bowl of soup each. BUT, it was worth it, just see the looks on their faces when a bunch of broke scruffs got out of the heli's after such a grand entrance.

I could just see them all sitting there, watching us come in, thinking, "what a bunch of posing dicks" - and they'd be right.  :)

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 July 2014, 09:46:54 pm »
no thats not posing. you clearly couldn't afford a pilot/chauffer

Fazafou

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 July 2014, 07:58:18 pm »
I wouldn't make my feelings obvious on the road, I do believe that everyone is free to wear there own choice on the bike as long as it doesn't impact others, but that said, I have even seen a guy on a pan with a 'mast' on the back and a light fixed to the top.  It was presumably orange but obviously intended to look like a full on cop bike.  It's those guys I find have taken things too far and I do think it's close to trying to impersonate.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06 July 2014, 09:10:42 pm »
they do it where I live, right outside in fact, but they are on horses, hi, o silver, you got me lone ranger, that sort of stuff , his vis, when it first came about great idea for m way cops,.........
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)