Date: 27-04-24  Time: 13:00 pm

Linked Events

• London Foccers: Going West: 07 April 2013

Author Topic: london foccers meet and ride-april  (Read 27000 times)

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: london foccers meet and ride-april
« Reply #75 on: 30 March 2013, 11:42:25 am »
Yeah... Wots the formula for solving quadratic equasions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just remember FOIL ;)

First - Outside - Inside - Last

(x + y)(x + y) = x^2 + 2xy + y^2

Not that you actually care  :D

irfletch

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 30 March 2013, 11:58:24 am »
I was thinking the self same thing, im sooo pleased you asked that question Exupnut, I for one will be sleeping much better now :) I think the answer is 8.55am at blackheath ! see you there :)
Yeah... Wots the formula for solving quadratic equasions?

Just remember FOIL ;)

First - Outside - Inside - Last

(x + y)(x + y) = x^2 + 2xy + y^2

Not that you actually care  :D

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 30 March 2013, 03:51:46 pm »
X=-b +/- the square root of b squared - 4ac all over 2a   ;-)

Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 30 March 2013, 05:41:49 pm »
went out to ride the april route this afternoon,saturday afternoon not the best of times to go out but i do have a better idea of mileage now,didnt quite do the whole route but not far short.....couple of hazards i spotted,the m40 roundabot jct4 is covered in grit still and the surface is very poor so might change the route slightly,also the marlow / henley road is in a bad way,lots of pot holes and loose chippings for the first couple of miles so might swap to the other side of the river,was going to ride through reading town centre to pick up two more crossings of the river but lots of road works at moment so might go via caversham and loose one crossing.
  will re-write the route tomorrow and add mileage and anything else i can think of  :lol
One, is never going to be enough.....

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 30 March 2013, 06:03:29 pm »
Was u cold? And how were the new specs?

Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 30 March 2013, 06:09:28 pm »
Was u cold? And how were the new specs?

yeh ....did get cold,but did`nt stop for a warm and a tea.......did`nt use specs in the end as a bit unsure of the vari-focal bit until i get use to them...............didnt make too many wrong turns,could turn into a magical mystery tour  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 30 March 2013, 07:04:37 pm »
I'll rem to bring some beatles on me iphone.  Nice one fer gettin out on the run. Lookin frwd to seein u next sunday.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 31 March 2013, 05:32:49 pm »
afternoon all.....and a happy chocolate feasting easter to you all  :lol

after my trail ride out yesterday ive made a few changes to the route,mainly to aviod some poor road surfaces but ive also included an extra stop,an excellent view over the thames valley,think a bucks version of box hill....

two starting points...................black heath @ 9.00am........or ace cafe @ 10.00

destination                                                                  road                          mileage
cookham 1st river crossing                                                 a4094                             23
winter hill 1st stop                                                              b???                                26
marlow 2nd river crossing                                                   a4155                             29
hurley 3rd river crossing                                                      a4130                             36
henley 2nd stop,4/5th river crossing                                   a4130                             40
wargrave                                                                             a321                               43
sonning short stop photos,6th river crossing                      a4                                   47
caversham  7th river crossing                                              a4155                             51
pangbourne                                                                         a329                               59
wallingford 8 river crossing                                                  a329                               67
dorchester cafe lunch/tea stop                                            a4074                             71
abingdon 9th river crossing                                                 a415                                76
oxford ring road                                                                   a34                                  80
bicester                                                                                a34                                  92
aylesbury                                                                             a41                                  108
amersham                                                                            a413                                120
gerrards cross                                                                      a413                                126
ace cafe   for more tea and banter                                       a40                                  138

i think theres something there for everyone and some new places to visit inc a few river crossings for a bit of fun,as with all good ride outs we can also change it as we go along  :lol  also known as getting lost  :lol

[size=78%]your thoughts please foccers good or bad ,changes,stops etc [/size] :)

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 31 March 2013, 06:47:19 pm »
looks good.u certainly done ur homework. the mileage is fine for me,,gonna be good,dont forget ur hi viz jacket. its important that steeve66 sees u hehe

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 31 March 2013, 07:12:15 pm »
looks good.u certainly done ur homework. the mileage is fine for me,,gonna be good,dont forget ur hi viz jacket. its important that steeve66 sees u hehe

now got my scorpion end can on without the baffle........much better than a hi-viz .........steeve66 will have to look with his ears !!

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 31 March 2013, 11:05:16 pm »
Hi if the weather is holding up well enough for me to make it, I have lived in Abingdon and would be happy to lead the way from there to Oxford. If time is on our side through Oxford City there would be a glimps of the place and another crossing of the Thames.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 01 April 2013, 07:48:25 am »
Be nice to see u @ abbingdon. Lets hope weather is good.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 01 April 2013, 10:29:18 am »
Hi if the weather is holding up well enough for me to make it, I have lived in Abingdon and would be happy to lead the way from there to Oxford. If time is on our side through Oxford City there would be a glimps of the place and another crossing of the Thames.

HI chrisbiker......be great to meet you at abingdon and also good to have a guided tour of oxford town centre without getting lost......lets keep an eye on the weather in the week and then parhaps arrange a time and place nearer the day.......we will be coming up from culham so parhaps the car park on the right just before you go over the bridge opposite the rugby club  :)

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 01 April 2013, 04:24:08 pm »
Hi I ll be meeting you at the Ace, and leaving you at Aylesbury to head back north to Leicestershire, it will be a long day on the bike so that is why the weather matters.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 01 April 2013, 07:17:55 pm »
Hi I ll be meeting you at the Ace, and leaving you at Aylesbury to head back north to Leicestershire, it will be a long day on the bike so that is why the weather matters.

ah i see,should have read back through the posts.........yes all depends on the weather,it is getting better....slowly...so fingers crossed  :)

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 02 April 2013, 07:56:55 pm »
looks realy good red. lets hope for some good weather :sun

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 02 April 2013, 10:01:06 pm »
I'll have to miss this one I'm afraid  :'( Pity as I enjoyed last month's Lydd trip. Hope it all goes well, and see you next month when we go North ?
Ride safe.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 03 April 2013, 06:51:33 am »
shame you cant make it MTREAD dont think we`ve  met yet,parhaps mays ride  :)

hi KITCRAZY watched the weather forcast last night and its looking good for the weekend at the moment.....fingers crossed everyone  ;)

fazer390

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 03 April 2013, 05:00:41 pm »
Hi All.

I've just come off the Ace Cafe Website to post on here about them hosting YAMAHA Day  (55th Anniversary)... on the same day...

I initially planned to only attend Yamaha day; however what a coincidence you've planned a foccers run.

I'll look forward to seeing you there and also to join your run...  ;)
« Last Edit: 03 April 2013, 07:55:20 pm by fazer390 »
AKA - Jase / Carbonkid...

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 03 April 2013, 05:20:02 pm »
your more than welcome fazer390   ... i`ll be there at about 9.30am ,i`ll be the one on a fazer  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 03 April 2013, 06:37:50 pm »
Loud but slow lookin.......

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 03 April 2013, 09:05:30 pm »
bit quicker with the scorpion on....or is it just me  ;)

fazer390

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 03 April 2013, 10:31:13 pm »
Like the humour guys...  :lol  however everyone knows that Silver's the fastest colour (with an MTC can)...  :D
I plan the leave my place nr Swindon about 0800 and should hit the Ace before 0930...  ;)

AKA - Jase / Carbonkid...

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 04 April 2013, 06:02:21 am »
Like the humour guys...  :lol  however everyone knows that Silver's the fastest colour (with an MTC can)...  :D
I plan the leave my place nr Swindon about 0800 and should hit the Ace before 0930...  ;)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....thats good.......another foccer with some common sense  :)  he has a silver bike  :lol :lol :lol :lol

iam i high wycombe fazer390,could ride to the ace together  ;)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 04 April 2013, 09:00:23 pm »
evening all  :)  just watched the weather forecast and it looks like we might be a lucky bunch of foccers on sunday :D

thought it might be a good idea to start a list and see whos going,did`nt want to be waiting around for people who are not going to turn up  :rolleyes [size=78%]......if you could add your name to the list and i will check it before i leave home on sunday morning......approx 8.30/45 [/size] ;) [size=78%]     my numbers on the left if you want  to text me on the morning [/size] :)

blackheath.....9.00                                          ace cafe.....10.00am

red98                                                               exupnut