Date: 06-05-24  Time: 04:16 am

Author Topic: Battery tender - strange behaviour  (Read 1220 times)

xyy81t

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Battery tender - strange behaviour
« on: 03 February 2015, 09:27:38 pm »

Hello all,

I have my bike right outside my lounge window (no garage) so today i made an extension for my Oximiser 900. (so that the charger can stay inside but still be hooked up to the bike to keep the battery in good condition)

It worked perfectly to start with but after coming back to it an hour later i find it doing this:

you see that when i turn off the charger and turn it back on it behaves normally for a good long while. It seems to hold steady voltage at 12.6 but i haven't been able to catch the moment it starts 'flicking' between voltage states.

could it be because its too cold outside or has my extension messed it up?

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Battery tender - strange behaviour
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2015, 10:27:04 pm »
I have read that some chargers say dont extend the cables, as it causes voltage drop but I would have thought it would take a long extension to do that, need a sparky to say though?

anutz

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600, GSXR 750
    • View Profile
Re: Battery tender - strange behaviour
« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2015, 06:36:19 pm »
Hi,

I have the 900 as well, mine is in the garage but i do use an extension cable with it - about 15m i think it is....

I have seen it do this once but i un-plugged and re-plugged it...did not do it again

I am assuming you are using the charging tails that stay on the battery....that is what i use

Does it make any difference if you do not use them and hook it up directly with the clip on's?

Anutz