Date: 01-06-24  Time: 12:57 pm

Author Topic: Gen 2 not starting 😭  (Read 961 times)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Gen 2 not starting 😭
« on: 02 November 2016, 09:57:58 am »
Got her out the garage this morning and went to start her up and..... nothing.
The dash comes on and all the checks are done and when I press the start button it turns over but will not fire. As soon as I release the start button the dash does all the start up procedure again and the temp guage says HI?
I've tried the red key too but same thing and now I've killed the battery.

I didn't have time to check much as I had to come to work but gonna try a battery charger when I get home and hope for the best.

Other things to note are that it's very low on fuel (1bar) and it was sold cold last night the car was frozen.

Any suggestions please?

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: Gen 2 not starting 😭
« Reply #1 on: 02 November 2016, 02:03:01 pm »
Is it turning over at the same rate as before or is it slower, if slower probably battery.
Any condensation on bike?  Might be a good idea just to make sure all electrical multiplugs are clean and tight.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 November 2016, 02:39:23 pm »
I've just got home and tried jumping it off a spare car battery I had lying around but didn't seem to do anything. I've just taken the battery out and stuck it on charge and the meter shows it was nearly dead but I'm worried that wasn't the issue as I'm sure I killed it trying to get it to start in the first place?
Keeping my fingers crossed when I try it again in a few hours

As for condensation.... there a good chance there was, the garage is free standing and has wooden doors so not air tight or temperature controlled by any measure

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 November 2016, 04:36:36 pm »
She fired up first time after charging the battery 😊😊 so does this mean the battery is on its way out? or was it just too many short trips combined with the cold that's killing it?

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 November 2016, 05:51:46 pm »
Short trips and cold weather will certainly show up a battery thats on its way out, get a local battery place to check it.