Date: 29-03-24  Time: 14:34 pm

Author Topic: Headlamp relays  (Read 1184 times)

gibbo58

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Headlamp relays
« on: 11 September 2012, 06:39:37 pm »
Hi There,

Newbie with a 2002 Fazer,failed MOT,headlamps not working on high beam,but passing switch working,have checked main beam switch,seems ok,where abouts are the relays and any way of checking them?Thanks

bikemad62

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Headlamp relays
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2012, 08:04:38 pm »
The relays are under the clocks behind the screen. one controls the on/ off  the other controls hi/lo beam. Under the left hand infil panel are a couple of block plugs, Have a good look at the pins and the wiring around the plug. The wire you are looking for is a red/ yellow wire. Mine was burned out so i replaced the wire with a 17Amp wire direct from the battery with a fuse in line. The on off relay takes care of the permanent live and kills the lights off when the key is removed.

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2012, 08:10:53 pm »
on the 2002 foxeye?..you have to remove the screen!! and you disconnect the instrument cluster wiring connector!! the relays can then be removed from the fairing bracket?...think you can check for continuty by using a multimeter?..cheap enough of ebay?..plenty about ;)

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2012, 01:20:31 am »
yeah in general if you want to test a relay take out the relay and then supply power to the smaller terminals (ie straight from your battery) and then hook up your multimeter to the larger terminals and set it to ohms. when you supply power the relay should click and you should see a resistance on the multimeter. might also be worth checking the switch on the handlebar