Date: 18-04-24  Time: 13:01 pm

Author Topic: Fantastic Fazers  (Read 5378 times)

blue_faz600

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Fantastic Fazers
« on: 21 July 2012, 01:33:32 am »
Hi Guys

Just wanted to start this thread to share some or all of the things I love about the FZS600 Fazer! So feel free to share your thoughts or indeed any things that you find annoying about the bike and solutions to the issue!

This could be a great thread or a complete waste of time but here we go!

I bought my 01 box eye fazer with my head, not my heart. I have a history of GSXR's for previous bikes and I still love them! But I have grown to love my fazer as it does everything really well and is easy to live with! It's a work horse, and never complains no matter how hard I ride it or if I miss out on a wash for a few weeks! Most importantly, it never fails to put a smile on my face and sane speeds with truly useable power, something most sports bike riders will achieve in day to day road life!

It's not a perfect bike by any means, however it's quite close and it won't take much to make it so!
Last but not least, any newbies asking the question, should I buy a fazer for my first bike? My answer is, you'd be stupid if you don't!

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
Re: Fantastic Fazers
« Reply #1 on: 21 July 2012, 02:08:19 am »
You've been drinking , haven't you !
« Last Edit: 21 July 2012, 02:12:01 am by dazza »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 July 2012, 02:21:09 am »
I've been drinking, and i found that speech quite emotional...... :'(    :lol :lol :lol
« Last Edit: 21 July 2012, 01:43:26 pm by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

davedee69

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 July 2012, 07:51:23 am »
Im newish to this forum and only been riding near on a year but I have a Fazer box eye and love it, I learnt on an SV650 and a Fazer and can honestly say both bikes were great and I had decided that I would continue my long learning curve on either one of these bike, the Fazer winning due to its smoothness, whereas the twin is very grunty.
Still I have looked at lots of bikes and still have not seen anything that would make we want to change as yet, lots of new bikes look the part and the fazer does look dated from the front but thats character and does not change the way she rides, fantastic machine and I have certainly not looked back! :lol

blue_faz600

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Fantastic Fazers
« Reply #4 on: 22 July 2012, 12:18:29 am »
Drinking? I wish! Sleep deprived night shift is the reality! ;)

Galileo

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 July 2012, 10:40:04 am »
I've only been riding a couple of years myself, so not exactly a lot of bikes for comparison under my belt but I have to agree, I'm now going to waffle for quite a bit, so feel free to skip down a post!

I'd bought myself a CG125 to practise on (still have it for bad winter days) and the learner school had Sym 125s. The school moved me on to a Kawasaki ER-5 which even in my limited experience was best described as a top heavy agricultural tractor that tried to either gas me with it's unburnt hydrocarbons or throw me off by tipping over at every available opportunity. Though to be fair, I'm thinking that the girders masquerading as crash bars, welded on by the A-Team, might have not helped in that respect. I think they took pity on me though, as for my test they let me loose on a brand new XJ6, now we are talking, this was silky smooth and effortless.

Started looking for that first big bike, ruled out the GSF 600 Bandit straight away, a mate I took my test with had bought one cheap, though it was all right to ride, we already had matching outfits from learner days and old ladies were stopping us and asking if we were the police, seriously, and more than once! With my XJ6 experience I have the feeling that steered me subconsciously towards a Fazer, I was still shopping around on Biketrader and eBay but kept reading how good the Fazer is, described by one review as looking a bit 80s disco, and I'm a bit 80s disco so that was it, a Fazer it was. A 2000 FZS600 with 20k on the clock came up on eBay for £1800 but with a cracked fairing from an alleged stationary topple (yeah right), though otherwise well looked after, it didn't meet the reserve but I was the top bidder, so a few emails later and a phone conversation I managed to beat the seller down to £1100 and it was mine. Went down to London to pick it up, rode all day long around the city before heading home with a very big grin. Two years later that grins still there, and so is Freddie the Fazer, other bike owners keep asking me when I'm going to get another bike, I only ever have a one word answer for them, "why?".

That's the end of the party political broadcast by the Fazer party.

misterjayb1

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 July 2012, 09:26:06 am »
Guy wanted £1800 and you got it for £1100?...  :eek
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...

polecat

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 July 2012, 10:22:29 pm »
Love my Fazer but hate the mad guy who decided to put the oil drain plug between the frame and the sump and would like to know why Mr Haynes how he managed to show a shiney torque wrench doing up said plug when the best I could manage was a ring spanner  :)
As said before Now I have my Fazer What could I possibly change it for ? It does everything so well ........(I've been drinking too)

Strifae

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 July 2012, 08:53:57 pm »
I replaced my fantastic Fazer with another Fazer with more cc's

MUCH higher grin factor but it doesn't do everything like the fzs600 does

FZ1S is a good laugh though :)

bwizz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 02
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 August 2012, 09:32:05 pm »
I own a thou and a 600 foxeye and i must agree with Strifae,  the 600 is a dam good bike ! Only area of not as good is two up work !
Thats in my humble opinion

blue_faz600

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Fantastic Fazers
« Reply #10 on: 03 August 2012, 10:39:08 pm »
Bwizz, I have to agree with that statement! 600 is great when is just me, but put a pillion on and talk about slow! Plus the rear shock is not cut out for two up!

Cracking bike otherwise! Would love to ride the thou tho! :)

gordon

• DAS Born Again
  • you only live once ride like the devil
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 August 2012, 03:42:25 pm »
hi dudes, the only thing with it is N - 1ST THEN 1ST TOO 2ND but i can live with that , in all one good bike very glad i brought mine wouldnt change it for any thing now just love it too bits . the wife dose not but its not her bike ( stay off it then i say )  :)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 August 2012, 03:51:47 pm »
i have both,the 600 is much better around town and short trips,ive just done a tour of gb on the thou,lots of luggage and camping gear doing 200/350 miles a day could¬nt of done that on the 600,not without lots of breaks.........if i had to choose between the 6 or thou it would deffo be the 600.......ive got a couple of jap classic bikes and can see the 600 gaining classic status in a few years to come  :)
One, is never going to be enough.....

bwizz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 02
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 August 2012, 08:11:11 pm »
Funny how i've just done a trip to mother's in Lancs from here in Cornwall, ditto loaded up, bike was awsome, relentless power,etc  but I was shagged with the motorway battering, Ive done the trips on both bikes , think I marginally prefer the thou,one up but no contest with pillion!
great bikes, well done yamaha !

Simon Edser

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 August 2012, 12:40:46 am »
New to the FOC,got my FZS 600 (Nov 2006 plate) 27th Aug 2011 having passed my big bike test on 15th Aug,hadn't ridden for 29 years and then at the ripe old age of 48 decided it was time to get back on two wheels for some fun and freedom before popping off from this crazy world.

My mate who has a Yamaha dealership had pointed me in the direction of a training school to do the CBT,Mod one and Two tests,the theory test I did on my own practising online. He had a mouthwatering selection of Yamahas but one stood out,he pointed it out over the all the others,she only had 2699 miles on the clock having had only one careful lady owner who had now emigrated.

The feeling I had when I passed my Mod one test and then rang the showroom to ask if it was still there and could I pay £200 deposit made my heart race!  I soon realised that having passed my test taht the heady days of my youth on a Suzuki GT125 were no use and to get out on her was the only answer-so I did. Each trip added something to my experience and still does.

Now some 4500 spare time miles on I love her more than ever,she is half faired and Lava red-lush beyond belief. I am not mechanically minded,just love being able to ride somewhere,stop,eat and have a chat with other bikers-so good for the soul.

I could write hundreds more words so will close by wishing everyone safe biking......
Simon.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 06 August 2012, 08:16:18 am »
New to the FOC,got my FZS 600 (Nov 2006 plate) 27th Aug 2011 having passed my big bike test on 15th Aug,hadn't ridden for 29 years and then at the ripe old age of 48 decided it was time to get back on two wheels for some fun and freedom before popping off from this crazy world.

My mate who has a Yamaha dealership had pointed me in the direction of a training school to do the CBT,Mod one and Two tests,the theory test I did on my own practising online. He had a mouthwatering selection of Yamahas but one stood out,he pointed it out over the all the others,she only had 2699 miles on the clock having had only one careful lady owner who had now emigrated.

The feeling I had when I passed my Mod one test and then rang the showroom to ask if it was still there and could I pay £200 deposit made my heart race!  I soon realised that having passed my test taht the heady days of my youth on a Suzuki GT125 were no use and to get out on her was the only answer-so I did. Each trip added something to my experience and still does.

Now some 4500 spare time miles on I love her more than ever,she is half faired and Lava red-lush beyond belief. I am not mechanically minded,just love being able to ride somewhere,stop,eat and have a chat with other bikers-so good for the soul.

I could write hundreds more words so will close by wishing everyone safe biking......

thats what its all about.....nicly put simon.....enjoy your fazer  :)
One, is never going to be enough.....

Sinbad

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 August 2012, 05:06:09 pm »
I have only been riding for a couple of years and my 2002 FZS600 is my first big bike. It gets used virtually everyday and gets a healthy 600 miles added to the clock each week (no exaggeration). Having now put 30k milestone on it I can honestly say it has never let me down and still puts a smile on my face every time I ride it. The only thing that does bother me, doing alot of motorway miles, is that there is a lot of vibration through the saddle when cruising at 70mph (6000rpm) which gets uncomfortable after a while. Just ordered a gel pad which I hope will cure this and remove that niggle.

I know I will miss my Fazer when the time comes to replace it... :'(

gordon

• DAS Born Again
  • you only live once ride like the devil
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 August 2012, 11:32:39 pm »
sindad, just got another one . i will do that just cant see me ridding any other bike :)