Date: 24-04-24  Time: 15:09 pm

Author Topic: Finally!!! bike running properly!  (Read 1270 times)

mars696

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Finally!!! bike running properly!
« on: 08 September 2017, 07:50:01 pm »
Hello to everyone!

Sooooo, finaly after 9 focking years that i own the bike, i manage to find the problem.
What was the problem,you ask. Off throttle-low rpm stuttering,jumping etc.
For 9 years no mechanic could find the problem.
For 9 years i have spend so many hours at removing, cleaning, checking parts again and again .
Now i can remove the carbs in 15 min :b
So much money spend on parts that could cause the problem, buying carb synchro tools any many more,but none of them was the cause....

A week ago,i had removed the carbs for one last time to clean and check floats etc.Everything was squeaky clean.
When reassembling,i overtight one pilot jet and the focking thing broke in half.
Fortunately i manage to remove the half that was inside the carb slot. Cursing was unbelievable.
Order 4 spare ebc pilot jets online,because there was no stock in my country.One week without the bike.
While waiting for the parts, i had a funny idea to remove the diaphragms from the slides...just for the hell of it.... and BOOOOM.
One focking diaphragm had a pin hole at the base,you could only see it if removed from slide,or very carefully inspected,which i had done in past,but maybe not so carefully and ofcource no mechanic had spot it.
I patched it with some hi temp silicone temporarily,just to clarify if this is the cause.
Finally, when pilot jets arrived, assembled, balanced,pilot screws setup and out for a test ride.
YEEEEEEEEESSSSS after 9 years the bike running properly!! No hesitation,no stutering, now i can drive at low rpm speeds without slipping the clucth like crazy.
Even now, i still can't believe it!
Thank you guys for all the help that you gave me all these years! :kiss

daviee

Re: Finally!!! bike running properly!
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2017, 08:09:42 pm »
easy way to check they are ok is to blow in the breather in the mouth of the carb it should lift the slider to the full opening then you shouldn't be able to blow any more in you can either the choke is open or the diaphragm is leaking 

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2017, 09:07:45 pm »
Good to hear you got it sorted, it's great when a real head scratcher gets fixed.
I've had my fair share over the years, and it can be the smallest thing that upsets the running of a bike, but pinpointing can be a nightmare.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2017, 01:50:01 pm »
Congratulations  :eek 9 years (that's some perseverance)!. Now that she's running like a dream you'll probably sell up and move on.  :lol