Date: 17-05-24  Time: 23:50 pm

Author Topic: Yet another New Rider & Member!  (Read 3248 times)

spoonlamp

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Yet another New Rider & Member!
« on: 24 June 2012, 12:07:16 pm »
This place looks busy!  :eek

Hi all - new Plymouth rider here - Huzzah!!

Just passed my DAS bike course last Friday after 18 months of pottering about on a YBR125. I'd already part exchanged the YBR for a '99 FZS600, so the pressure to pass was on! What a Friday though - straight home after passing Mod 1 & 2, insurance sorted for the Fazer then slow ride to the garage to swap bikes. And that ride home on my new bike - what a blast! Couldn't resist a quick ride up the A38 - pure joy! :thumbup

Looking forward to finding out what I can do to her with regards maintenance,  small performance improvements, hard or soft panniers for long journeys, the usual boring newb questions ;)

Here she is, haven't had a chance to do a proper photo shoot yet!

MadDogMcQ

• Club Racer
  • Horwich, Bolton, NW UK.
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - CB250N
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Yet another New Rider & Member!
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2012, 12:11:05 pm »
Congrats on passing your test - great feelin huh?

Nice bike too  :)
QUENTIN TARANTINO - HALLOWED BE THY NAME!

stealth2012

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2012, 03:51:15 pm »
Hello.  I pottered around on a 125 for 2 years first as well.  I did my DAS on a 3 day course and was so terrified when we rode out of the shop car park on day one that I thought I couldn't do it and just wanted to stop and get off.  It's only because I was behind the instructor when we set off that I kept going because I couldn't talk to him (I reckon that's why he put me at the back!).  I was fine after a mile or so though and passed my test first time.

I like your bike.  Mine's red too.
x Stella x

spoonlamp

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 June 2012, 05:15:21 pm »
Definitely a great feeling passing that test! It felt so weird riding the 125 down to the garage - how did I manage so long on that little thing?? lol

stealth2012

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 June 2012, 09:46:57 pm »
I rode mine home from the training centre and didn't get on it again after that.  I didn't want to get used to (what had become) the weird riding position.  Funny thing was, before leaving for the training centre in the morning, i fixed 2 pieces of black tape to the back of the L plate......just incase.  I thought it was probably tempting fate, but I knew if I could get through Mod 1 in the morning, I'd probably get through Mod 2 in the afternoon.  Was regretting booking both on the same day as no-one else seemed to be taking that route, but it all worked out fine.  Phew! 

I was on a huge high afterwards!  Still am to be honest and it's 10 months since I passed!  I feel like the dog's danglies every time I go out, esp now I've got the Fazer.
x Stella x

gordon

• DAS Born Again
  • you only live once ride like the devil
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 June 2012, 10:45:49 am »
well done on ur test, i did mine in march 2012 and passed though i havent been on a bike since i was 17 now 47.great feeling when they say your passed could not wait to get home and go out on my fazer fzs 600. its the best thing i,v ever done well almost got hgv 1 too

spoonlamp

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 June 2012, 07:21:19 pm »
well done on ur test, i did mine in march 2012 and passed though i havent been on a bike since i was 17 now 47.great feeling when they say your passed could not wait to get home and go out on my fazer fzs 600. its the best thing i,v ever done well almost got hgv 1 too

:rollin Nice one lol! Mine went back to the garage I bought it from today to get a new clutch put in, so I'm Fazerless for a couple of days - I need my FIX!!!!  :'(

spoonlamp

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 April 2016, 06:54:36 am »
Didn't think anyone would remember me so thought I'd post from my old introduction instead of starting a new "re-introduction" thingummy!
Moved out here to just outside Naples, Italy about 16 months ago and had the trusty steed hauled out with the house contents. Spent the first year not really riding out much - very busy with work and (eventually) sorting out Italian insurance and license plate etc. Quite the rip-off out here frankly, but now that I've finally had a couple of ride-outs I couldn't care less what the cost is  :)
Temperatures here are now generally in the low 20's, April can be a bit rainy but we've had glorious weather for the past 2 weeks. I apologise in advance for any further weather gloating I do - I'm only here for another year or so, so I'll be trying to make the most of it!

:)  Good to see we're still busy!