Date: 28-03-24  Time: 14:06 pm

Author Topic: Flat Drag bars? Will they fit?  (Read 1797 times)

blue_faz600

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Flat Drag bars? Will they fit?
« on: 16 June 2012, 02:41:26 pm »
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has fit flat type drag bars to the FZS600?

bikemad62

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Flat Drag bars? Will they fit?
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2012, 03:32:48 pm »
Brilliant right up till the clutch cable gets involved.  :D  Now i will explain. In my quest to find handlebars that didn't give me back ache i tried several different types, drag bars included. when i fitted the drag bars all was great then my clutch cable broke. I got another cable which was different it had a metal tube at the lever end. I took it back along with my old one and was told my old one was a bodge and the new one was correct. so i fitted the new one only to find that with the drag bars the cable bashed the clocks and restricted right hand lock. As my bike is not streetfightered this was a problem. I ended up with black renthal style bars this has stopped my back pain and the bike handles great. Hope my tale of woe is helpfull

andy352299

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2012, 04:46:32 pm »
any chance of a picture of the bars and where did you get them from
thanks Andy
Brilliant right up till the clutch cable gets involved.  :D  Now i will explain. In my quest to find handlebars that didn't give me back ache i tried several different types, drag bars included. when i fitted the drag bars all was great then my clutch cable broke. I got another cable which was different it had a metal tube at the lever end. I took it back along with my old one and was told my old one was a bodge and the new one was correct. so i fitted the new one only to find that with the drag bars the cable bashed the clocks and restricted right hand lock. As my bike is not streetfightered this was a problem. I ended up with black renthal style bars this has stopped my back pain and the bike handles great. Hope my tale of woe is helpfull

misterjayb1

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 July 2012, 06:23:59 pm »
Fitted Renthal Drag bars (flat) to a Buddys Fazer thou (faired) with no issues whatsoever.. bar adjusting the angle of front brake hose at the Master cylinder  :)
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...