Date: 23-04-24  Time: 17:26 pm

Author Topic: Bonjour foccers !  (Read 830 times)

GuiltyOfReason

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Bonjour foccers !
« on: 29 January 2022, 12:29:06 pm »
Hi all ! I'm very happy to be a foccer

presentations : I'm Max, 25, live in the center of France in a rural area and I just bought a 2001 FZS600 with 50k kms on it. My bike is my only means of transport, so she has to run nice
[size=78%]

I bought the bike for 1000 euro which I thought was cheap enough considering it is a tidy specimen overall, I was able to knock the price down from 1300 because the plastic T piece which links the main fuel line to the center of the carbs was busted. Ordered the parts from yamaha, stuck them in and she fired up. While the carbs were out I cleaned the jets with compressed air, then she got oil and coolant change and I took her for a test ride, she goes nice :)

Next on the list is chain and sprockets, afam, stock size for both sprockets, I have the parts now just waiting on a delivery of loctite 270 for that front sprocket nut as per gnasher's recommendation. A carb balance would be really nice thing do do next but I need to buy or find someone near me with the balancing kit. Once everything is running as I want it, I'll be able to start thinking about mods

I'm into doing all the work on the bike myself so this forum already is a gold mine in that respect and I'm happy to be able to join in the discussion now
[/size]
[size=78%]Safe and happy riding✌️[/size]

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Re: Bonjour foccers !
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2022, 03:20:56 pm »
Welcome to the forum Max. Sounds like you’re well on the way to getting your new to you Fazer, all set for the Spring, when the serious riding can start?. A Morgan Carbtune isn’t that expensive and you’ll get plenty of use out of it in the years and bikes to come.
If the health restrictions stay the same, then I should possibly be in your neck of the woods in April for Le Mans 24 hour. Can’t wait.

Ride safe :thumbup
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2022, 05:39:30 pm »
Welcome to the madhouse. Where ion France are you? There are a few of us with Maison Secondaires over there.

Mine is in Mayenne.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

beuleux

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2022, 12:00:22 am »
Bonjour 👋
*Disclaimer*
Nothing I say should in any way be taken as a good idea 😄

GuiltyOfReason

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2022, 01:04:54 pm »
Hey guys, thanks for the welcome

I'm in the Haute-Vienne department, closest big town is Limoges. Mayenne and le mans are a good 4h north from where I am. I'm up for some group ride shenanigans in the summer to some place with nice views :)

I haven't heard of Morgan brand for the carb tuner, actually I haven't researched them at all yet but if you guys know of good value ones I'm listening