Date: 28-03-24  Time: 21:54 pm

Author Topic: WANTED: Gen1 1000 comfort (ideally taller) seat  (Read 883 times)

SkidT

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1200GS LC
    • View Profile
WANTED: Gen1 1000 comfort (ideally taller) seat
« on: 05 August 2021, 08:00:45 pm »
Greetings all,

Had a spare taller seat that i purchased on here a while back. Unfortunately, it was a little too tall. Took it to be reupholstered but when they took the cover off, the foam etc underneath was pretty much rotten / been eaten. It wasn’t cost effective to have them rebuild it from scratch.

Soo…..

Anybody got a slightly taller than standard reworked / comfort type seat that they’d like to part with for sensible money please?

Thought I’d ask here before I go to that auction site to pick up a cheap second hand seat to be recovered.

I’ve tried a gel pad strapped on top of the standard, but don’t like the way that you roll around on it whilst riding and tbh, I didn’t find it much, if any more comfortable. It’s really a little more height that I’m after, to reduce the angle of my knees and hips as I get older.

greg1953

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Aprilia RSVR
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED: Gen1 1000 comfort (ideally taller) seat
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2021, 02:31:15 pm »
I've been looking for a more comfortable seat for ages so thought I'd try an Airhawk and it's wonderful, after much fiddling about I find it's best with very little air in it. I could only manage about 20 miles previously but last week did 100 with no discomfort....well worth a try just don't put too much air in.

SkidT

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1200GS LC
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED: Gen1 1000 comfort (ideally taller) seat
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2021, 08:33:11 pm »
Thanks Greg for your reply. Good advice. I had one a few years back and sold it on after lack of use(for peanuts!) 🙄
However, I’ve actually literally just received a new one in the post (UK brand equivalent) from Sportsbikeshop.
I’ll see how I get in but it’s got to be a cheaper alternative than replacing the seat.