Date: 28-03-24  Time: 21:59 pm

Author Topic: Carb rubbers  (Read 1625 times)

Parky7

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Carb rubbers
« on: 30 May 2021, 10:56:28 pm »
Hi

Is it possible to replace the carb rubbers without completely removing the carbs (as I believe it’s quite a faff)
But I due need to check the cam chain tensioner…

Thanks
If it ain't broke it soon will be ....

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Carb rubbers
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2021, 12:48:34 pm »
It is possible but once you have got to the point where you can slide the carbs back, its only another 2 mins to undo the airbox rubbers and whip the carbs out to the left. No need to disconnect the throttle cable which (to me) is the hardest part of the job when trying to put them back on.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Parky7

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2021, 04:28:15 pm »
Cheers thanks for that , I will do that then at least I can check the cam chain tensioner……

VinceFZS600

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2021, 10:24:32 am »
Hi,

I replaced my carb rubbers not long ago as they looked horrible I thought the cracks in them went most of the way/all the way through but I was wrong! Despite looking REALLY bad, there was no issue with it at all. Seems these rubbers are extremely resilient.

Once you’ve removed the rubber flappy sheet on top of the air box, you can undo all the airbox bolts & 4 jubilee clips holding it to the carbs & it slides back about 2 inches. It gives enough space to slide the carbs out enough to get into the 4 rubbers. I did this without removing anything from the carbs, just slid them one way, removed/replaced rubbers & then did the same the other side. It’s very tedious but took me, a non professional about 45 mins start to finish.

Vince.

Parky7

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 July 2021, 08:51:09 pm »
Took the carbs out in the end ,but left the throttle cable connected ..as I needed to check the cam chain tensioner.the carb rubbers looked really nasty but the cracks were not all the way through.
Replaced them with the cheap ones from China , but they look pretty good....

StreetFzr

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2021, 11:26:03 pm »
I’ve just done these and I just removed the airbox bolts and clips on the front of the carbs, gave me about 20mm of play which was tight but enough to do the job without removing anything other than the rubbers. I also used the cheaper away ones and other than a slight face defect they were fine