Date: 19-04-24  Time: 20:45 pm

Author Topic: Recently bought 600 - question about gas tank belly nozzles  (Read 733 times)

Ruediger10

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - SR500
    • View Profile
Hello everybody, I´m new right here. And happy to join. I bought a 2001 Fazer 600 a few weeks ago. Excellent condition. The reason for my first post a the following one: After doing maintenance/ exchanging filters and identying leaks in my gasoline hoses, I´ve seen two noozles. on the gas tank belly. Usually covered by a rubber element which is installed in the frame. Mine is missing. And sold out from Europe to Japan. Exploded drawing shows the rubber cover and a simple hose - I believe its a simple spillover. But not sure. In case of - would it be enough, installing two hoses separately?

Very much appreciate your ideas. Rüdiger

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
Re: Recently bought 600 - question about gas tank belly nozzles
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2021, 05:08:41 pm »
Well sort of, one is the filler cap drain, the other tank breather. 
Later

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Recently bought 600 - question about gas tank belly nozzles
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2021, 08:49:17 pm »
Welcome to the group where you will usually find any help you need..
The earlier FZS600 actually had two separate hoses from those connections and running down to the side and under the front of the swinging arm. The thing you have to watch for is that you don't kink them as you lower the tank.  If you kink the breather pipe it can cause fuel starvation as a vacuum builds up in the tank while riding. That's probably why they introduced the rubber funnel thing.