Date: 19-04-24  Time: 00:14 am

Author Topic: hi all . advise please on wirring clutch??  (Read 1389 times)

bettinson200

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
hi all . advise please on wirring clutch??
« on: 16 April 2012, 01:14:31 pm »
hi all :)
just need a bit of advise on poss clutch. i have noticed over the past couple of months, i have a wirring noise from engine? first thought it was the chain and sprockets. but these look ok. then i have noticed that while riding if i pull clutch in it stops? release the clutch its there straight away.. the biting point is spot on, changes gear great, and no slipping of clutch??  its just the wirring noise thats annoying me..  could it be a bearing that needs replacing???

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
Re: hi all . advise please on wirring clutch??
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2012, 04:12:17 pm »
mine does the same and im not worried

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2012, 04:25:56 pm »
hi, i have a 2002 foxeye 6750 miles on clock and mines been doing the same since i bought it last year! you will find though? if you have your carbs balanced like i did to mine! it will improve no end! i can now have my idling set to 1000rpm and only slightly hear it. i used to run a fjr1300 and that was unbearable , more so after a long run when it was very hot!! i put a brand new clutch assem in that and it still did it!! if it dont slip and you get your gears ok? your clutch is fine!! just run it and enjoy!!!! cheers clive.

Fazer Jake

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 April 2012, 07:42:24 pm »
Mine does it, pretty sure its normal, also sound goes away if you go into neutral and release the clutch.

bettinson200

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 April 2012, 09:08:48 pm »
cheers guys :thumbup  glad to hear it sounds like a normal noise.  was going to change the clutch :(  but think ill not bother :lol

bikemad62

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 April 2012, 07:06:17 am »
Its bearing noise there is a little race bearing on the top of the clutch springs. It rattles when not under load you can replace it if you want. all i do is use my noise as an indicator for changing the oil. Mine goes quiet for a while after an oil change. Look in the haynes manual they even have pictures of it lol
 :D

bettinson200

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 April 2012, 10:06:05 am »
Its bearing noise there is a little race bearing on the top of the clutch springs. It rattles when not under load you can replace it if you want. all i do is use my noise as an indicator for changing the oil. Mine goes quiet for a while after an oil change. Look in the haynes manual they even have pictures of it lol
 :D
cheers :thumbup  think ill look into that  :)