Date: 28-03-24  Time: 11:26 am

Author Topic: Strange Vibration  (Read 6775 times)

adasilva

• DAS Born Again
  • LIBERTAS QUÆ SERA TAMEN
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Fazer
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Vibration
« Reply #25 on: 11 April 2018, 12:54:39 pm »
On a Fazer the mixture screws adjust the amount of fuel at idle not the amount of air so if you turn them out it'll make the mixture richer. If you turn them in it'll make it leaner. If you're at 3 turns out you're making it richer. You're thinking the problem is it's running rich so put them back to 2 1/2. To check the choke is working. If you pull the choke lever and look at the carb you'll see the choke plungers moving in and out as you pull the lever. They're on the engine side of the carb at the top. They're brass plungers. Check that they're all moving together and closing fully. Something I think you should do is take the bike for a spin and when you get back throw some water on the exhaust header and see if they all dry at the same rate. If they all dry at the same rate then the problem is likely something affecting all cylinders if one dries at a different rate to the others then that suggests it's a problem that affects just one cylinder. Another easy thing to do if you haven't already is trim the ends off the ht leads they corrode and can cause problems.

When you say trim the ht leads do you mean to cut it a bit. Are these the ones for the plugs right. Sorry never heard of them before.

thanks

Jules-C

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11 April 2018, 04:18:32 pm »
Don't worry about the bike starting without the choke that is normal for a Fazer as the weather starts to warm up.

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11 April 2018, 06:02:01 pm »

When you say trim the ht leads do you mean to cut it a bit. Are these the ones for the plugs right. Sorry never heard of them before.

thanks

Yep. Pull the cap off the spark plug, then unscrew the cap from the ht lead, then cut a small bit off the end of the ht lead.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11 April 2018, 07:07:42 pm »
If you still have the original plug caps the bike might benefit from replacing them with NGK SD05 ones. The originals are renowned for causing misfires, the NGKs are straight rather than with a 90º bend at the top but they fit and are more reliable.

adasilva

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Fazer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 13 April 2018, 10:02:05 am »
Hey All.
Ok i checked the choke plungers and they seem to be working fine. I can see them moving out and returning to their position once the choke is closed and  I did trim the ht leads about 3-5mm at the ends.
i reset the pilot screw to 2 1/2 turns and took for a ride yesterday.
on the straight road the bike is just fine but if i start climbing a hill and open up the throttle then the bike start struggle.
At this point i am not sure what to do next and might bite the bullet and take to a mechanic.

I am going to do a last check on the connections to the air box and ensure everything is correct. Other than that i have to light a candle.  :'(

PS. I put a new set of iridium spark plugs about a month ago.

daviee

« Reply #30 on: 13 April 2018, 10:04:41 am »
what do you mean when you say starts to  struggle  lack of power ? cutting out ?

adasilva

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Fazer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13 April 2018, 10:59:12 am »
what do you mean when you say starts to  struggle  lack of power ? cutting out ?

Lack of power.
Is like if i was on the wrong gear. the bike jerks. then it picks up speed again and is fine. it just happens when i lets say reduce speed and gear and try to increase power. Climbing a hill for example.

Thanks

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 April 2018, 09:35:29 pm »
Did you balance the carbs? Can you make a video of the bike running while its having the problem?

adasilva

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Fazer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 16 April 2018, 09:02:17 am »
Did you balance the carbs? Can you make a video of the bike running while its having the problem?
I did balanced the carbs but i think i might have to do it again since i balanced with the old filter in and it might have give me false results.
Will try to do a video to show the issue.

cheers

adasilva

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Fazer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09 May 2018, 05:29:32 pm »
Hey Guys.
Sorry for the delay on posting a reply here. I only managed to get the bike to a mechanic last week.
Ok all problems sorted.
Issues: HT caps needed replacement, bad spark plug due to bike running on one cylinder only (Brand new ones), Adjusted the fuel mixture and re-balanced carbs.

Anyway thanks all for all the advices they did not went on waist. I learned a lot with them and surely will apply some of them sometime( but hope not too soon! )  :lol

Take care.

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10 May 2018, 11:40:13 pm »
Electrical faults can exhibit the behaviour your describing. If you have a weak spark, the bike can start to misfire (fire on 3) as you open the throttle. On full throttle it bogs down, back off on the throttle and the engine picks up and revs smooth.

This is because the electrical  resistance of the air/fuel mix changes with throttle position. Often misdiagnosed as a fuel or air flow problem.

Personally my money would be on a corrosion issue around the head/spark plug/ caps leading to a lost voltage and arcing around the outside of the plug.

I might be wrong but this is an issue I've had a couple of times with my bike.
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11 May 2018, 08:29:51 am »
ive suffered the bad vibrations and i found this fixed it
https://youtu.be/Eab_beh07HU?t=25s

This was a risky click at work!

Ha ha! Can you imagine being called to the mangers office to explain why the office computer system logged an inappropriate website viewing and flagged it up to the IT department. What has Anne Summers got to do with your job or work.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11 May 2018, 08:39:19 am »

Hi there.
This problem only started after i cleaned the cabs. The problem occurs when lets say i am on 5 gear and slow down and switch to 4 and after that try to pick up speed. I guess fully closed to fully opened.
Correct. When i open the throttle wider it stops and pick up speed.
I think block pilot jets might be out of question since i cleaned the carbs. I think it might be the mixture screws.
The mixture screws factory spec as per manual is 2 turns out. At the moment they are 2 1/2. Should they all have the same turns?

But my question is if the issue is the mixture screws how do i set these to correct this problem?

I will do the test that you s uggested and see. <<<<
:D
I will let you kinow

Thanks for you info.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11 May 2018, 08:45:32 am »
Ok. I have ordered a new air filter and reset the mixture screws to factory default.
Waiting on delivery of filter to try it out.
Will let you guys know.

Thanks

You are more have patience than me, I would cut the old filter with a Stanley knife about 10 cuts from top to bottom just to try it out.