Date: 27-05-24  Time: 06:16 am

Author Topic: immobilizer system  (Read 8835 times)

erniebalatbat

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
immobilizer system
« on: 26 May 2014, 09:35:05 am »
Does a 2005 yamaha fazer 600 already equipped with immobilizer system (hiss)? does it have a code registering key?

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: immobilizer system
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2014, 12:13:06 am »
Yes and yes, the FZ6 (04 onwards) comes with YISS and there's a Red Key which lets you re-code new Black keys (the ones you use every day).

PS Welcome to Foc-U :)

erniebalatbat

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2014, 12:05:23 pm »
I just asked because I recently purchased a 2005 yamaha from a friend and he just gave me a duplicate key but no registering code key. Does  anyone have any idea on how to order a new set of keys including the code registering key and what site?

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2014, 01:44:30 pm »
Erm... If he hasn't given you the red key, go back to him - you can't register other keys without this (and I think dealers need it at service time).

You can't buy a replacement for your bike - well strictly you can, but you have to buy a new ecu and ignition and much cost (or send bits of your bike away to a third party).

It's an essential part of the sale deal, getting the red key...

Devic

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2014, 04:25:34 pm »
I had a similar problem so said I would only buy the bike if the red master key was supplied which in the end it was after his soon to be ex wife gave it back to him.

I did contact Yamaha and they said if anything like the immobiliser or ECU developed a fault I would have to replace the ECU, ignition barrel/immobiliser, petrol cap, seat lock and helmet lock rather than just the faulty item. They looked that up for my S2 and would have cost £750 direct from Yamaha, then there was the problem if I needed a new key although I did find a couple of interesting places as ways round this, expensive but still cheaper.

Immobiliser Transponder Recoding And Replacement Bike Key Service http://www.autotronics.co.uk/cscart/yamaha-fz6-immobiliser-transponder-recoding-and-replacement-car-key-service.html

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2014, 11:05:42 pm »
If he hasn't given you the red key, go back to him - you can't register other keys without this (and I think dealers need it at service time).

I've never been asked for my Red Key when I've had my FZ6 serviced, even with the full 24k job.

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2014, 11:26:30 pm »
My mistake there then - still, it's essential that the op gets the red key from the previous owner...