Date: 23-04-24  Time: 09:44 am

Author Topic: A bit of joy for summer only riders  (Read 1190 times)

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
A bit of joy for summer only riders
« on: 02 January 2014, 10:07:26 pm »
I know several guys and galls on here like to wrap thier bikes up for the winter and keep them nice and clean. Nothing at all wrong in that, but I thought I would bring a little bit of winter joy into your world by showing a few photo's from todays ride.

Cloud over How Gills Fells

Swollen River Ribble near Caton

Deserted road near Lancaster

O.K. they are nothing special, but maybe other winter riders would like to join in and bring some happiness to those less fortunate soals  :( .
Happy New Year to all.   :D

P.S. My bike needs cleaning now. :\
« Last Edit: 03 January 2014, 08:36:28 am by limax2 »

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
Re: A bit of joy for summer only riders
« Reply #1 on: 03 January 2014, 03:16:58 am »
Looks nice down there. I am thinking of doing a mini tour of that area in the spring. My mate that I used to live with in Sydney stays in Preston, so I might base myself at hers and work from there. Any "must do" roads?
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2014, 07:38:32 am »
Sydney !!!! :eek  better buy a Scot oiler  :lol
Not on my bike yesterday but if you don't mind I took this of the floodwater by our village yesterday, I have purchased a second hand camera with all the gizmo settings to see if I can improve my piccies,only £50 ,12x zoom .
trees flood
trees flood
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 January 2014, 09:11:06 am »
Looks nice down there. I am thinking of doing a mini tour of that area in the spring. My mate that I used to live with in Sydney stays in Preston, so I might base myself at hers and work from there. Any "must do" roads?
Plenty of good rides from Preston in a North or North West direction. Lake District is only 45 miles away and some good back roads to get there (third photo is one) if you want to avoid the quicker motorway bit.  Very busy in summer months though. Heading Northwest is a good run to the Yorkshire Dales with lots of good roads and less busy. Heading South not so good as you need to use motorways to get past a lot of built up areas in the way before you get to Wales or Peak district.
One of many "must do" roads is the B6479 from Settle to Ribble Head then onto the B6255 to Hawes.

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #4 on: 03 January 2014, 01:56:31 pm »
Thanks for the feedback dude. I will pop those in the diary for later use. That road looks fun...
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...