Date: 01-05-24  Time: 15:50 pm

Author Topic: Valves need adjusting  (Read 5479 times)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Valves need adjusting
« Reply #25 on: 14 June 2012, 01:57:54 pm »
cant see any shimmin needing doing at that mileage?....but you cant realy prove if they done them or not?...if it was tappety when you took it in and then quiet when picking it up?..you can say that they have actualy done what they charging for?.....still seams over the top to me though???? :\ ......as for your shock??....if you,v been told its ok ?..and not leaking etc?...then i would leave it?...you being only 12stone dont think it would bother you to much with handling probs?..unless the spring was fkd?...and again at that mileage cant see it think they just trying to milk you for a new shock meself????? :rolleyes .

topgun44

• Weekend Warrior
  • ride hard a fast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 June 2012, 02:00:53 pm »
i wanted that job done on my fzs600. dealer sed we have to split the engine. its a long messy job  and while its being done. the clutch is right in front of you so we will do that as well. as the job was going to cost approx £550 plus vat i thought. sod that its taking the piss. so i have left till i get more money. was he fobbing me off. all other work was done to a good standard.

look at this spider this might help u  ;)
Fazer Clutch Replacement

spider

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - triumph explorer. lambretta
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 June 2012, 10:33:53 pm »
thanks for video.  :)  even i could do that. i take it the oil has to be drained. so i will do it wen i do that as well. or when needed. as for the valve shims i think i will leave them alone. if they go west i will change them then. or buy a new engine. whatever is cheapest

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 15 June 2012, 06:28:09 am »
dealer / stealer.................same thing  ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....