Date: 01-05-24  Time: 15:54 pm

Author Topic: Pirelli Angel GT tyres, anyone tried them?  (Read 2030 times)

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Pirelli Angel GT tyres, anyone tried them?
« on: 14 June 2014, 06:56:15 pm »
Currently have a Bridgstone BT 023 on the rear of my thou and will need to be replaced soon.
I had intended to get a Bridgstone T30 put on in the next few weeks but recently been hearing about this new Pirelli Angel GT tyre. Just wondered if it was worth a go? Is much different to the T30?

Or any other tyre I should consider? I only tend to go out for evening and weekend blasts. Hardly ever commute and tour once or twice a year so bike is more a toy so prefer a sporty tyre over a long lasting tyre.

thanks,
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Pirelli Angel GT tyres, anyone tried them?
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2014, 07:54:48 pm »
I am liking the Dunlop Qualifier 2's I have on at the mo.  They have a good feel and are lasting longer than I thought (4000+ miles commuting) only just starting to square off with lods of tread left.
Intentionally left blank

woodwizzard

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2014, 08:01:54 pm »
Might be worth getting the Angel ST instead of the GT. GT is dual compound and aimed at touring, whereas the ST is single compound and a tad softer. The ST can be had for £150 a pair at the moment in our size. I ran them on the old zx10 I had and loved them, great in the wet aswell and very stable on motorway blasts.

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2014, 10:08:37 pm »
Front is also a BT 023 but nothing wrong with it so plan to keep that on for a while. was leaning towards the T30 as would be a closer 'match' to the 023 on the front. probably one of them silly trails of thought to keep tyres same brand when in reality probably no benefit keeping same tyres.
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 June 2014, 10:39:52 pm »
Front is also a BT 023 but nothing wrong with it so plan to keep that on for a while. was leaning towards the T30 as would be a closer 'match' to the 023 on the front. probably one of them silly trails of thought to keep tyres same brand when in reality probably no benefit keeping same tyres.

I've got them on my ZX9R, and have also had both Bt23s and Michelin Pilot Road 3s. out of the three, I prefer the angels; they're not quite as grippy in the cold and wet as the Michelins are, (which I found to be better than the Bridgestones), but in the dry they're superb, loads of grip and a slightly pointer profile which helps tip the bike on its ear and keep it steady whilst cranked over.

That said, if you're not commuting or touring, why get touring tyres? If you really are just going for blasts I'd probably suggest getting a proper sports tyre, something like the bridgestone s20 might suit if you're used to bridgestones?

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 June 2014, 12:45:04 am »
Again I think it could be one of them in your head things. If I have a full sports bike tyre would it cause my to push a bit harder than I would on the Touring tyre?  :evil
With the dual compound on touring tyre I find them rather grippy when cranked over and I assume the middle will last a bit longer? to be fair. I have been touring twice on my current tyres and been very happy with them in all sorts of weathers. (including hardknott pass in the pouring rain) so a bit of confidence in wet situations is nice :)

The T30 is meant to be a big leap in comparison to the 023 so will try and find a comparison between the T30 and the Angel GT I think.
Lord,
Amen

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 June 2014, 12:52:36 am »
The test pilot at work has a VFR12, and has just fitted the new Avon tyres to his bike. He said it was a tossup between Avons and PR4s, and the Avons purely won out on price.
The Deef's apprentice

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 June 2014, 12:53:17 am »
cracking tyre have a set on my ZZR1400  :D
Its just a ride