Date: 01-05-24  Time: 19:59 pm

Author Topic: Radiator side covers.. Help me decide  (Read 2253 times)

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Radiator side covers.. Help me decide
« on: 23 March 2014, 09:10:17 pm »
Hi guys, noticed while washing the bike that a big chunk of paint has fallen off one of the radiator side covers.. Now I cannot decide wether to remove them and respray or get some blingy ones like the Beowulf ones?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-FZS1000-FAZER-01-05-BEOWULF-RADIATOR-SIDE-PANELS-Y001SIDE-L-FZS-1000-/371017669639?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5662605c07

I am not normally a fan of bling so I am swaying to the respray option. Unless anyone can offer a reason as to why the stainless jobbies give another added benefit?
If anyone has any pics of them on feel free to share.

thanks,
Fuzz
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

Lez72

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Radiator side covers.. Help me decide
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2014, 09:59:13 pm »
Personally I'd just respray the originals. The stainless side covers have no other benefit that aesthetics if you like that kind of thing but I think the originals look better.

Depending on the colour of your bike you may want to spray them black for a more stealthy look  8)
Yamaha Fazer 'the only bike you'll ever need' maybe ???

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2014, 10:55:01 pm »
Not sure of the colour code but its dark blue. Think I will stick with silver on a respray but maybe a little darker..
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

thecert

• About as funny as a
    wasp in your helmet.
  • GP Hero
  • Now on a new ride but still love the thou'
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Triumph T120
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2014, 11:01:55 pm »
Hi guys, noticed while washing the bike that a big chunk of paint has fallen off one of the radiator side covers.. Now I cannot decide wether to remove them and respray or get some blingy ones like the Beowulf ones?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-FZS1000-FAZER-01-05-BEOWULF-RADIATOR-SIDE-PANELS-Y001SIDE-L-FZS-1000-/371017669639?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5662605c07

I am not normally a fan of bling so I am swaying to the respray option. Unless anyone can offer a reason as to why the stainless jobbies give another added benefit?
If anyone has any pics of them on feel free to share.

thanks,
Fuzz

As fitted to my baby.   ;)
When the going get's tough the tough get going.

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2014, 05:29:18 pm »
I was tempted with the Beowulf ones but went with the respray. The weekend was spent rubbing down and spraying lol.. did a fairly good job I think. Halfords own hard wearing silver enamel paint was just the job. colour match is really good.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_724677_langId_-1_categoryId_165495

Also had to spray lacquer to give it a good finish. yeah it was nearly £20 in paint but at least it makes it look standard.
I am not a lover of covering a bike in shiny bits tbh.

thanks, guys
Lord,
Amen