Date: 17-05-24  Time: 11:25 am

Author Topic: ex owner  (Read 835 times)

bash62

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
ex owner
« on: 08 September 2013, 11:55:07 am »
just thought i.d pop in to see how everyone is .after having my ivanised gen 1 2004 for 8 yrs sold it for aprilia v4 tuono .miss that bike big time .what a great bike .once suspension sorted handled was fast and never let me down once in 8 yrs.
but had to move on and the v4 tuono is another level again straight out the crate.fast, light and handles likke a dream.mate got 2500-3000 quid to spend .asked me what i reccommend.gen 1 fazer thou .straight away .awesome bike .
cheers
bash

Camshaft

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: ex owner
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2013, 12:06:10 pm »
Great recommendation the Gen1 Thou. Handling is ok and a good training bike for something like a Tuono. Must be like you just got onboard a F1 car as opposed to a Touring Car !!
The Gen 1 Thou I find is lots of fun under throttle but bit if a pig in the corners. Mine with only mod being the rear spring.
Just how on my local weekend road on an old highway a late model bike just overtakes me and flies into a corner!!! I'm not that fast a rider but I'm sure some of these guys couldn't get my Gen 1 around that fast.
But still love my Gen 1 and as we speak it is glistening from a wash and meticulous polish  :lol
where does the muffler go?

bash62

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: ex owner
« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2013, 01:52:40 pm »
get the forks done mate .progressive springs .makes the front stick like shit to blanket