Date: 19-05-22  Time: 08:52 am

Author Topic: Whoever posts last is best  (Read 59556 times)

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Re: Whoever posts last is best
« Reply #900 on: 04 May 2022, 09:06:33 pm »
Been listening to them for years - even seen them live. Some of their more recent stuff is not so good as the early tracks, but I think that happens a lot with rock bands anyway.

Hoping to get cracking with the carbs on Friday - just been told that we're going on holiday in a week or so...........
Hopefully you might get a chance to get out for a ride at the weekend. It’ll be like a new bike, certainly looks it.
We’re on hols soon, first chance of some proper sun for three years, can’t wait.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: 08 May 2022, 07:57:25 pm »
Done (still needs a clean IMHO).

Ready for MOT on Tuesday - not due yet, but I don't want to faff around when we get back from our break.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: 09 May 2022, 02:45:16 pm »
Looks great,well done :thumbup . Did you try the “push the rubbers in the airbox” trick to give yourself more space, or soldiered on  with the conventional carb fit routine? . Be interested with your opinion performance wise, now that the bikes good to go.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: 09 May 2022, 07:48:57 pm »
Looks great,well done :thumbup . Did you try the “push the rubbers in the airbox” trick to give yourself more space, or soldiered on  with the conventional carb fit routine? . Be interested with your opinion performance wise, now that the bikes good to go.

I had the battery out, undid the airbox mounting bolts and pushed it all the way back. A small squirt of silicone spray on the inlets and they were in position in less than 5 minutes with no scrapes on the knuckles!
Looking forward to tomorrow - after the pass, I'll take it for a small runout to satisfy the itch before the holiday  :D

beuleux

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: 09 May 2022, 09:59:16 pm »

Ready for MOT on Tuesday - not due yet, but I don't want to faff around when we get back from our break.
I'm loving the kitchen worktop bench, mines a sawn up pallet 👍
*Disclaimer*
Nothing I say should in any way be taken as a good idea 😄

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: 09 May 2022, 10:32:08 pm »

I had the battery out, undid the airbox mounting bolts and pushed it all the way back. A small squirt of silicone spray on the inlets and they were in position in less than 5 minutes with no scrapes on the knuckles!
Looking forward to tomorrow - after the pass, I'll take it for a small runout to satisfy the itch before the holiday  :D
Enjoy your whizz out tomorrow, hope you like it. I suppose you had a dry run on the carb removal when you did the cables, and knew exactly what to expect. I did the same as you for removal, but used the cheat method to give me more room when replacing them. Silicone spray was a great help for sure :thumbup

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: 10 May 2022, 12:19:54 pm »

I'm loving the kitchen worktop bench, mines a sawn up pallet 👍

That worktop was bought for the purpose - 20 years ago. It's easy to wipe of and its a nice smooth hard surface to work on.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: 10 May 2022, 12:30:01 pm »

Enjoy your whizz out tomorrow, hope you like it. I suppose you had a dry run on the carb removal when you did the cables, and knew exactly what to expect. I did the same as you for removal, but used the cheat method to give me more room when replacing them. Silicone spray was a great help for sure :thumbup

Whizz out went well - I think I'm going to have to restrain my right wrist somehow - that Slip On kit and the tweaks have transformed the acceleration in a way I was not expecting. It's even more rideable than before, with it seems more mid range grunt  :eek .
Got back from the run out and remembered that it was 8 years ago that I hit a deer - I was doing about 70mph on a FJR1300! Broke a collarbone and a couple of ribs, wrote off the bike and killed the deer.
I remember it mainly because it means it's coming up to the 8th Anniversary of me getting the  :faz .

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: 10 May 2022, 04:49:40 pm »
Glad it all went well, you certainly get a good bang for your buck with that kit, and it’s all your work :thumbup . Fuel consumption may increase a tad, but the grin outweighs any negatives.
You were lucky regarding the deer event, as could have turned out a lot worse. One of my pals hit one in his car only a couple of years ago, but it’s really affected his bike speed confidence, especially passing through woods/forests, which is quite understandable. The car took a good hit which would have been much worse on a bike. I had one decide to cross the road in front of me up in Scotland, fortunately giving me time to do something about it. However I did start thinking that if the car that baulked me a mile or so back, hadn’t,  then I’d have been further up the road towards the deer, with no doubt a different outcome :eek .

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: 11 May 2022, 07:50:52 pm »
Glad it all went well, you certainly get a good bang for your buck with that kit, and it’s all your work :thumbup . Fuel consumption may increase a tad, but the grin outweighs any negatives.
You were lucky regarding the deer event, as could have turned out a lot worse. One of my pals hit one in his car only a couple of years ago, but it’s really affected his bike speed confidence, especially passing through woods/forests, which is quite understandable. The car took a good hit which would have been much worse on a bike. I had one decide to cross the road in front of me up in Scotland, fortunately giving me time to do something about it. However I did start thinking that if the car that baulked me a mile or so back, hadn’t,  then I’d have been further up the road towards the deer, with no doubt a different outcome :eek .

I have developed a habit of easing off when I see the signs or when passing through woodland.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: 13 May 2022, 08:25:42 am »

I have developed a habit of easing off when I see the signs or when passing through woodland.
Yep, err on the side of caution. Nothing wrong with that :thumbup

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: 13 May 2022, 04:27:03 pm »

Yep, err on the side of caution. Nothing wrong with that :thumbup

Haha lol - yes, err on the side of caution. Tends to be my mantra now - for anything to do with the missus  :rollin :rollin :rollin

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: 14 May 2022, 08:00:48 am »
They’re the fastest thing in the world from zero to bitch :lol . Treat with caution, err on the side of caution, and look before you leap, are all very useful adages………if you want a quiet life :D

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: 14 May 2022, 11:39:35 am »
They’re the fastest thing in the world from zero to bitch :lol . Treat with caution, err on the side of caution, and look before you leap, are all very useful adages………if you want a quiet life :D

In the process of earning brownie points - taking her on holiday tomorrow  :eek :eek

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: 14 May 2022, 02:08:28 pm »

In the process of earning brownie points - taking her on holiday tomorrow  :eek :eek
Snap :lol . Where are you going, somewhere hot?

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: 17 May 2022, 12:56:43 pm »

Snap :lol . Where are you going, somewhere hot?

South coast of Cyprus - between Paphos and Limassol. It's hovering around 28* C here at the moment. Beers nice and cold though (and plentiful! :lol :lol :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: 17 May 2022, 05:45:49 pm »
Nice :thumbup Enjoy. Used to be able to hire trail bikes where you are, to go up in to the Trodos Mtns. Tenerife for us, similar temp 26°. Costa Adeje, very nice.