Date: 30-04-24  Time: 19:10 pm

Author Topic: Scottish Borders Bikers  (Read 901 times)

Fazer Jim

• Cager in Training
  • Carbs rule!!!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW K100 RT
    • View Profile
Scottish Borders Bikers
« on: 09 July 2016, 10:42:27 pm »
Just wanted to give anyone in the Borders area a heads up about Rebz down at Tweedbank just outside Galashiels. Ian and Brenda will look after you very well. A very personal service. My biggest thumbs is due to to having my Exup valve seen to properly. I've owned this bike for 4 years now. It had a slight Exup rattle when I bought it despite a full service done by the shop I bought it from. Not a big deal, they all do it at some point to a certain extent. Then I had it serviced by the place who ported and skimmed the head and removed the AIS. I also asked them to adjust the Exup valve/cables properly. It still rattled when I got got back. Had a quick go at it myself but snapped a bolt in the Exup cover. I gave it to Ian & Brenda at Rebz and asked them to do a valve clearance check (spot on or within tolerance at 30k) and also check the Exup valve for me. I got the bike back with a drilled and re-tapped Exup cover bolt,(the one I snapped) valve clearances checked (spot on or within tolerance at 30k miles) new coolant (apparently the pH of the old stuff was more or less just water which is surprising considering the place who did the head work would have had to either refill or top up the coolant/antifreeze when the head was off) and a Exup valve making zero noise at all!!!! Ian also did a compression check which was very healthy indeed!
[/size]
[/size]Guy's, if you live in the area, give them a call, look them up online, whatever. Good for tyres at decent prices, Ian has forgotten more stuff than some of us have ever known and the coffee is good! Plus, it's in the borders area. Great roads everywhere. Make a day trip!

Fazer Jim

• Cager in Training
  • Carbs rule!!!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW K100 RT
    • View Profile
Borders Bikers
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2016, 10:48:13 pm »
Just noticed half of the last post didn't "post". Bottom line is Rebz have done a better job servicing my bike than anyone anywhere else ever. I can't say enough good things about them. Phone them to arrange tyre fitting, turn up, drink coffee, be shown around the workshop by a fantastic mechanic with a drag racing/engineering background.