Date: 18-05-24  Time: 04:33 am

Author Topic: renault modus help  (Read 3333 times)

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
renault modus help
« on: 25 May 2015, 09:40:03 am »
Got spanners on dash plunge in pc says well there's 3 errors
Glow plugs
Injectors
Emmisions

Internet throws up fuel rail

Anyone got any ideas as don't do cars
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

nsr500v4

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: renault modus help
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2015, 11:14:33 am »
Get a cheap fault reader, that will give u the code which a quick google will confirm the fault and try a reset also, might just be a hiccup, nothing ventured and all that good stuff

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2015, 12:15:49 pm »
I would always take the first fault to appear as the cause of the latter.With the glow plug and the injectors as a fault, I would start by checking the glow plugs are working. I take it you are having starting problems. I would also think this time of year starting problems would be more due to injectors or fuel than glow plugs.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2015, 06:01:03 pm »
If you can change a spark plug fella then you can change a glow plug - they are roughly £7.50 each on Eurocar parts (I guessed a 2008 1.5Dci model).

This can give emission issues as they do stay on for a while after starting.

Emissions could be the EGR (Exhaust gas recirc) valve. Fairly easy job and generally just need a good clean up with spray.

If you can service your Fazer then you can do these jobs mate. Bit of time and £30 odd quid could save you £200+ at a dealers.

Does the car run rough at all, hot or cold?
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2015, 06:24:39 pm »
I'm having a starting problem with my Renault Kangoo, only had it since January. 1.5 DCI engine, replaced the glow plugs and glow plug relay and it still had the warning light. Took it to be diagnosed and apparently injector 3 is faulty.... Thing is it runs well once it's started and the starting issue is quite intermittent. What happens is when the car has been ran for a while and you come back to it when it's lukewarm, the car cranks and the whole engine shakes as if it's flooded until it starts. I think the injector is leaking fuel into the combustion chamber. It does start so for now it's just an annoyance, but I think over time this shaking will be damaging the engine. You can do a test where you hook up the injectors / fuel rail with rubber tube to 4 clear containers and monitor how quickly the containers fill with fuel. I don't know where to put the tubes though and don't want to have super high pressure diesel fired into my blood stream so I'm going to let a garage do it. I'm really hoping it's nothing too serious though because the car only cost £900 and everything else is working well so injector issues could potentially write it off.

hairnet

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2015, 10:03:08 pm »
service it then blank off egr then italian tune up to clear it out - they clog up if used in town all the time

will ride for food.....

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2015, 08:26:16 am »
renault modus help

The best thing you can do to save your wallet in the long run is scrap it. :pokefun

Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

fatbloke62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2015, 09:40:45 am »
I had similar on my 75 diesel  showed a fault but ran fine, and  as previously mentioned it was the EGR  valve that was gunked up  got a simple bypass mod for just over £20 off flea bay and just 15 mins to fit sorted mine , hope your lucky and its an easy fix

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2015, 11:14:13 am »
I know it wont be any help but.....

I had a Laguna that at 2 years old threw up the "service" light when I picked it up from the dealer following a service. They took it back into the workshop to reset the thing (even though it wasn't showing when I took it in that morning) and it wouldn't reset.
IT took a tech from Renault in France to come over and 6 weeks in the workshop to establish it was a broken swirl flap (or some other plastic flap) inside the inlet manifold that had broken. It was just coincidental that it happened whilst in for a service.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again