Date: 06-05-24  Time: 18:21 pm

Author Topic: 2010 FZ8n Exhaust hangers. piccie request..  (Read 1816 times)

farmer giles

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
2010 FZ8n Exhaust hangers. piccie request..
« on: 11 November 2013, 03:23:25 pm »
Hi,

Trying to source and exhaust hanging bracket for my FZ8. I bought an EvoTech one, it does not fit and the SP Engineering item is the same as they took their advice and fitting details from EvoTech..  Both have made the assumption that the FZ1 and FZ8 are the same and they are not by the looks of it.

So the only that looks like it might fit is the R&G item which is £10 more expensive that the aforementioned items but I cannot find any pics of FZ8's sporting the R&G item as I want to see what it looks like before I stump up for it..

Does anyone have the R&G item or indeed any alternatives to R&G that they have bought and fitted themselves and any pictures of the item fitted to the bike ??

Seems FZ8 owners are an illusive bunch who don't like publishing what they have done to their bikes..

BTW I've looked at all the threads in this section and cannot find one bike with a replacement hanging bracket, all still retain the original foot peg..

thanks

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 FZ8n Exhaust hangers. piccie request..
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2013, 06:15:42 pm »
I dont think there are that many Fazer8/FZ8 owners tbh.
I cant be bothered with these types of mods, I've only done useful stuff like suspension, top box/rack, touring screen, heated grips, end can, crash bungs.
Do you have to put the pillion pegs back on for the MOT?

farmer giles

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2013, 09:50:59 pm »
I dont think there are that many Fazer8/FZ8 owners tbh.
I cant be bothered with these types of mods, I've only done useful stuff like suspension, top box/rack, touring screen, heated grips, end can, crash bungs.
Do you have to put the pillion pegs back on for the MOT?

Normally I'm the same but I could not live with the goping standard can and the old plate hanger.. After these basics are taken care of money will be spend on suspension and POWER...  lol....

and no. The pillion pegs fall into the 'if they are there they have to be functional and safe but they don't have to be there' category.

farmer giles

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 November 2013, 02:46:25 pm »
Well after my 'limited' research, the R&G one looks like it's the only one that will actually fit with an after market end can as I know the Evotech and the SP Engineering items do not fit with aftermarket cans so best to avoid those..

If you want the R&G one get it off of Ebay where they can be had for about £45 delivered. If you buy it direct from R&G it will be over £50 delivered.

would still like some pics if anyone's got some...