Date: 01-05-24  Time: 14:06 pm

Author Topic: youtube near miss etc  (Read 1005 times)

caretaker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - TL125 frame!
    • View Profile
youtube near miss etc
« on: 26 October 2012, 09:09:39 pm »
just been trawling youtube as you do, and i'm amazed at the amount of bikers posting near misses, close shaves etc on there. the thing is, if youre aware of whats going on around you and expect drivers to do stupid things, then they arent near misses at all. Technically, i probably come across several near misses on a 2 hour hoon, but they arent because i read what drivers are doing. occasionally i've been caught out, but generally my ride outs are scare free. i'm fed up of riders whining about how careless drivers are. get used to it!      End of rant.

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: youtube near miss etc
« Reply #1 on: 26 October 2012, 11:25:31 pm »
I did wonder if i was the only person thinking this. i have also recently watched a few of these videos on youtube and thought many of these near misses were avoidable if road position of the rider was better or thinking ahead a little more.
another thing i have noticed recently i the amount of bikers riding around at quick speeds with no lights on, just amazes me.

Having said this i do prey i havn't upset the motorcycle gods and tempted fate lol.
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen