Date: 28-04-24  Time: 17:19 pm

Author Topic: To start your need,Rossi !!!  (Read 2190 times)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
To start your need,Rossi !!!
« on: 16 January 2013, 06:52:02 am »
!
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
Re: To start your need,Rossi !!!
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2013, 09:29:18 am »
Can't help thinking that pesky kid of a team mate from Spain is going to piss on his parade.
Let's hope not and it's a classic old battle :)
« Last Edit: 16 January 2013, 09:30:49 am by locksmith »

Jc72

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2013, 12:02:26 pm »
I so hope Rossi kicks lorenzos butt.

I personally didn't like lorenzos attitude in simoncellis funeral, I know they didn't get on but don't go to the funeral if your going to show disrespect

And Lorenzo has huge evil eyebrows :evil
Some songs are very very long, but this one isn't !

Motorbreath

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - YZF1000R ThunderAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2013, 03:02:34 pm »
Lorenzo is going to beat Rossi most of times. You might not like him but he is very gentle while racing. Not like Rossi:

Spallata Rossi Gibernau - la verità.m4v

Waiting for a full spanish podium this year  :)
« Last Edit: 16 January 2013, 03:03:36 pm by Motorbreath »

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 January 2013, 08:37:14 am »
I am so pleased vale is back on yamaha..we should all relish that this grand master of motorcycling has been here in our lifetime to watch and enjoy. I think we are very privileged to have lived through it all and been able to watch in incredible detail all that has happened...racers come and go, but rossi is something very special.

I just wish I could have seen some of the other greats like hailwood etc through the incredible media we have today.For sure Lorenzo is a truly fantastic racer , but he is still yet to prove he can live up to rossi's achievements. Its 8 yrs since that 2004 season, we should all respect that time has moved on, and appreciate rossi for what he has done, and the fact he is still driven to race at this level . IMO its the mark of a true GOAT.....I dont have expectations of more world championships, but ifsome wins come thi syear ...wow I will be delighted. Surely its us the viewers who will be the winners !

Jc72

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 January 2013, 12:07:00 pm »
I think that stoner could of been a legend to the sport also, if only he had stayed :rolleyes  but he had his reasons I guess

Motorbreath

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - YZF1000R ThunderAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 January 2013, 06:30:42 pm »
I agree probably Rossi was better than Lorenzo will never be. But his rivals back in the day weren't as good as Lorenzo, Stoner and Pedrosa. We cannot know who's better. For many Schwantz was the best rider ever, who knows.

About people disliking Lorenzo's personality:

First: it is motorcycle racing, not hairdress gossip.

Second: just do not trust what you can see on TV. Poor Simoncelli seemed evil on spanish TV until he passed away. Then a lot of tapes appeared showing that he was actually quite a cool guy. TV sucks.

Something similar happens to Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Stoner -he raced in Spain too before the world championship. They are mostly childs raised inside a bubble. No social skills. Lorenzo's father is a real madman who owned a racing school. It is great that he is half normal. He even didn't have a motorcycle riding license until past year -there is a video of him at the driving school, he isn't bad  :rolleyes , but now he has to ride restricted :lol

Jc72

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 January 2013, 06:39:29 pm »
Put stoner, Lorenzo and pedrosa on an old 500 two stroke, would they keep up with Rossi without computer aids? Put Rossi on whatever bike shwantz was racing, who would be better? We will never know in unfortunately !

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 January 2013, 04:05:04 pm »
stoner is a could have been for sure....his latest tactic of slagging people off even though he walked away from the sport  just shows him up IMO. I always felt he was in the right place and right time for when the ducati was the best bike , then he jumped ship to honda just as they had the best bike...he had some incredible skills, but somehow I just never warmed to him. I think thats why rossi and simo were so poular...they behaved like humans, had a sense of humour, had their own persona/ style.Pedrosa is like a zombie...has no interpersonal skills at all. Lorenzo is better but IMO copied rossis after race antics to a large degree.But I do really respect his racemanship. Of all the others he is my pick to go onto great things.He has the killer instinct which I feel pedrosa lacks. Marquez will rapidly depose pedrosa I believe, after a year or so of getting aquainted to moto GP.
I wish cal every good luck  too...would like to see him on an M1 for sure. I reckon he has the balls to take it to any of them....just needs polishing up of his racecraft ...he lost way too many points in 2012 by not finishing when he looked in a good position. :\

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 January 2013, 06:28:21 pm »
But why i ask did Lorenzo lose so many points late in the season,Pedrosa "Mr no personality,mini robot" got in front and left Lorenzo a few times,Lorenzo had no answer.

The Rocketeer

• Pacman
    Cymru am byth
    Askin' for a foccin' bannin too
    Really geeky & crap
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ROCKET 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 January 2013, 10:15:24 pm »
Hmm I wonder if Dovi's going to be the dark horse, what with new owners at Ducati and a management reshuffle..... But what a story it would be if Vale could do it..... one more title?
Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.

bigsteve

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - TDM850 FZS600SP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 January 2013, 10:30:40 pm »

My thinking is Yamaha wanted Rossi back as he would bring Jeremy Burgess with him
 JB Spent a lot of years Improving YZF-M1 and keeping VR competitive

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 January 2013, 10:56:02 pm »
Looking forward to the new season :)

Vietato Fumare!.