Date: 01-05-24  Time: 09:41 am

Author Topic: Go Pro footage  (Read 3823 times)

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
  • Don't mess with a budgie
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Go Pro footage
« on: 12 July 2016, 08:19:33 pm »
So I got myself a Go Pro. I'm still playing with the settings but today on the second day of use, I caught a mobile phone user.

I'm surprised it took two days.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Go Pro footage
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2016, 06:19:56 am »
I see it every day to and from work, some people just have to drive with their phone in their hand, even when they're not even using it?
If you tried to dislodge it from their fingers i think they'd scream like a kid losing its comfort blanket.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2016, 07:14:53 am »
Just wondering, if you got pictures of the registration and the person on the phone would the police be able to act on it ?

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2016, 07:57:06 am »
 :agree

I see it all to often! drivers start to get shirty when you sound ur horn & gesture to put the phone down!

If giving evidence to the police would secure a conviction then I'd happily buy a helmet cam!
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2016, 08:11:05 am »
:agree

I see it all to often! drivers start to get shirty when you sound ur horn & gesture to put the phone down!

I've thought about a cam for a while, if you could pass it on to the police then that might just be the incentive I need to buy one.
If giving evidence to the police would secure a conviction then I'd happily buy a helmet cam!

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 July 2016, 10:18:59 am »
I had to report an incident the other day that I recorded on my camera and Wiltshire police informed me that they do use the footage as evidence "BUT" they do not have the means to store the footage, so they informed me that you can upload your footage on social media platforms like YouTube and email them the link, that way they can access the video but not have the issue of data storage.
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

Jamieg285

• Club Racer
  • What does this do?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 July 2016, 12:49:37 pm »
I contact Herts and Beds police about the footage I get.  The repsonse I got (from the same person for both forces !?) was that unless there was an actual incident then they don't want it.
Regardless of whether the footage shows someone clearly, they would still want you, as a witness to attend court to testify.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2016, 01:02:47 pm »
So I got myself a Go Pro. I'm still playing with the settings but today on the second day of use, I caught a mobile phone user.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDHRRGR1fnE

Yes --- you also caught a biker going on the inside of a white van and then cutting up the same van in order to get some footage of a numpty on a phone.

:pokefun
« Last Edit: 13 July 2016, 02:21:46 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 July 2016, 02:02:41 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDHRRGR1fnE

Yes --- you also caught a biker going on the inside of a white van and then cutting up the same van in order to get some footage of a numpty on a phone.

Looked like standard legal  filtering to me. (Just saying, not trying for an argument  :thumbup )

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 July 2016, 05:27:28 pm »
Undertaking :lol

And you're doing 52 in a 50 limit while doing so.
Better edit the video before you get knicked  :rollin
« Last Edit: 13 July 2016, 05:35:49 pm by locksmith »

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 July 2016, 06:04:11 pm »
And you're doing 52 in a 50 limit while doing so.
Better edit the video before you get knicked  :rollin

It's OK if you zoom in using the Hubble telescope on the speedo you can see that it's setup to show kmph not mph  :rollin

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 July 2016, 06:10:24 pm »
Just what the world needs another self righteous wannabe cop with a camera on his head.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Go Pro footage
« Reply #12 on: 13 July 2016, 06:18:43 pm »
Each to his own I suppose.
« Last Edit: 15 July 2016, 07:42:02 am by Exupnut »
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 July 2016, 07:14:05 pm »
Just what the world needs another self righteous wannabe cop with a camera on his head.

A close friend of mine was killed by some stupid little shit using his phone while driving. He was speeding and didn't see my friend on his bike as he was looking down at his phone and smashed into the back of him. If it wasn't for "self righteous wannabe cops with cameras on their heads" witnessing and recording the incident the little shit was going to just drive off and possibly hey away with it, a couple of the other bikers he was with managed to block the path stopping him from doing so.

I understand that there are millions of videos about showing this kind of stuff and yes it can get boring and some of them are over exaggerated but if a twat like that caused you to crash you'd want as much evidence as possible. So any self righteous wannabe cop with a camera on their head has my deepest respect.
« Last Edit: 13 July 2016, 07:15:21 pm by Fazer99 »

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 July 2016, 07:37:26 pm »
Well said that man

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 13 July 2016, 07:41:04 pm »
As a way of backing up your side of a story in the event of an accident they make sense. They should come standard on a bike. I'm all for them. But going around on your high horse recording stuff like this and then squirrelling away and putting it on the internet. Give me a break. Curtain twitching at it's finest.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 July 2016, 08:18:58 pm »
All sympathy's regarding your mate and yes absolutely those cameras formed a vital role in nailing the twat, those cameras no doubt caught the git on the phone during NORMAL riding, which is a little different to spotting some one on a phone and then making all kinds of -- lets say "iffy" manoeuvrers with the sole purpose of catching up with them just to get better footage.
« Last Edit: 13 July 2016, 08:20:07 pm by fazersharp »

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 July 2016, 08:34:37 pm »
True as stated it is "curtain twitching" and yes I do agree about the "iffy" manoeuvres to get better footage, but  to me it's seeing the bigger picture for example which is the bigger danger plus you don't have to watch them. I know a lot of people who post these kinds of videos as a way of venting anger and frustration rather than using the ancient motorcycle martial art technique called 'rage of the road tiger, eagle of steel mirrored wing removal'  :lol

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 July 2016, 10:32:20 pm »
I don't get on here much these days so I thank certain members for reminding me why, I'll try to keep my answers brief:

Fazersharp: It's called filtering and at no point did I cut anyone up, I slowed a little to allow Phone User to catch up so I could get a clear picture, I was still in the filtering position so the van behind me simply caught up a little, I could see this but you couldn't possibly see it in the video, yet you seem to know that I 'cut a van up'.

Locksmith: speedos are allowed to have a 5% accuracy so 52 in a 50 is permissable and Plod could never get a conviction for it, same reason Gatsos are set 5 mph above the speed limit.

Further to that I don't codone speeding in residential areas but this is an A road, I challenge you to ride at 50mph on it. Unless you enjoy having a car driving up your chuff, you're in for a rough time.

His Dudeness and Exupnit:  Your "Oh it's all pedantry" attitude is because it's never happened to you.  I hope you never have a relative taken out by a texting driver, but if you do, come back and tell me you don't feel passionate about taking these morons to task.  Oh and fuck you both very much, in case you aren't clear about how much I value your opinions.

Fazer99 is spot on.

I have challenged many drivers using mobiles who have nearly taken me out or who are oblivious to themselves swerving across lanes of traffic whilst they text what they want for tea, it has always ended in a shouting match and sometimes actual violence as I have NEVER received a 'sorry mate, my bad' or anything similar.

These arrogant, careless fucktards should have their licences revoked and be forced to retake a driving test after spending some time in A&E tending RTC victims.

To answer the questions about using camera evidence, Plod contacted me about my home CCTV evidence on my Youtube channel and issued a Fixed Penalty Notice for a Public Order Offence (or whatever it's called) for someone who I caught on camera peeing up my garage door.

No need for me to give evidence, make a statement or sign anything, they just asked for my permission to use the clip as evidence and off they went and issued the fixed penalty.

You wanna call me a curtain twitcher? How would you feel if someone was pissing up your garage door on a daily basis? Smells lovely I can assure you, the cameras caught the evidence and Plod dealt with it, so I didn't get myself in trouble.

I don't know if traffic offences caught on camera would require a different approach but if Plod needs me to sign a statement to prosecute a phone using driver then I'm willing to do that, no hesitation.

I've even told my own family if I ever catch any of them using their phone whilst driving, their cars will be sold and their insurance cancelled without any discussion. There are 5 cars and 4 motorcycles in this house and my missus (who also rides her own 125cc scooter) agrees 100%.

I don't give one tiny fuck if you think it's pedantic or curtain twitching, grassing or whatever you want to call it, these people aren't Robin Hood, their crimes are not victimless, they are careless cunts who don't give a fuck if they make your kids orphans.

Plod has been reduced so much by underfunding we have to do something or these morons will carry on maiming and killing people on the roads and getting away with it.

Anyone with the balls to make themselves look stupid with a camera stuck on their head is a fucking hero as far I'm concerned, if my video evidence gets one careless driver convicted and either gets them off the road or stops them doing it again, then it's worth it.
« Last Edit: 13 July 2016, 10:45:04 pm by Streetbudgie »

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 July 2016, 10:52:15 pm »
he must have got the special edition gopro with the free cape and tights

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 July 2016, 10:52:49 pm »

Fazersharp: It's called filtering and at no point did I cut anyone up, I slowed a little to allow Phone User to catch up so I could get a clear picture, I was still in the filtering position so the van behind me simply caught up a little, I could see this but you couldn't possibly see it in the video, yet you seem to know that I 'cut a van up'.

You are right about scumbags on the phone and all that no argument here.
As far as I know filtering is only filtering when the traffic is stationary or VERY slow moving and that traffic on the vid was normal speed - that is when filtering becomes undertaking.
I know those wide angle lenses do not give a true life like picture and it looked like the van was cut up- fair enough you say it wasnt but just suppose the white van man was a typical white van man and took umbridge  of your manoeuvrer - then you find your self a white van man tosser and a git not looking - sandwich.     

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 July 2016, 10:59:05 pm »
he must have got the special edition gopro with the free cape and tights

I love people like you who must make light of everything and give glib remarks, even when innocent people are being killed and lives changed by a small minority of people who couldn't give a fuck about anyone.

Some things need to be taken seriously, you will change your attitude if it ever happens to you and I hope it does not.
« Last Edit: 13 July 2016, 10:59:38 pm by Streetbudgie »

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 July 2016, 11:07:52 pm »

You are right about scumbags on the phone and all that no argument here.
As far as I know filtering is only filtering when the traffic is stationary or VERY slow moving and that traffic on the vid was normal speed - that is when filtering becomes undertaking.
I know those wide angle lenses do not give a true life like picture and it looked like the van was cut up- fair enough you say it wasnt but just suppose the white van man was a typical white van man and took umbridge  of your manoeuvrer - then you find your self a white van man tosser and a git not looking - sandwich.   

I don't really want to explain my road position but it seems you know better than I (who was actually there), the footage starts shortly after a TL controlled junction, the traffic builds up quickly and so I am always in the filtering position, plus there are side roads with vehicles entering the A road, so the inside lane is too risky with vehicles turning into the A road without looking.

Filtering is filtering at any speed within the speed limits, it matters not what speed the other traffic is travelling at as long as it is safe to do so, try a Bike Safe course, it's called 'making progress'.

I'm not here to defend my riding. I've been at it for 36 years with some pretty serious training under my belt including blue light riding and driving. More important than that, I'm still here, which speaks for itself.

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 July 2016, 11:32:10 pm »
Fuck you you asshole ;)
« Last Edit: 13 July 2016, 11:57:34 pm by His Dudeness »

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 July 2016, 11:56:22 pm »
I did not give permission for this video to be shared from my youtube channel His Dudeness, do not share my videos without my permission.

If you want to view it on my channel that is public domain, however you may not share anything without my permission.

Admin have been advised and I have PM'd you as well.

This video on it's own is out of context and so what if it is a video of a neighbour? It is a video of some very strange behaviour and there is a history of it.