Date: 16-05-24  Time: 05:56 am

Author Topic: Finally found some handlebar clamps  (Read 1454 times)

JayB

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Finally found some handlebar clamps
« on: 30 November 2012, 12:01:15 pm »
for my Gen1. They are from a Triumph Tiger 1050.

They appear to be approx 25-27mm (can't remember now measured them Tuesday) from their base to the lower side of the handlebar tube, so will lower the bars a good inch, bad thing is I may have to drop the forks slightly again to let them fit.

I will do some pictures of them off and on the bike comparing them to original.

Hoping this alleviates my arm-ache I'm getting on the bike, or it's gonna back to something sportier. Strange how I can't seem to get comfortable on a more upright bike!

tommyteeman

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Husqvarna 701 sm
    • View Profile
Re: Finally found some handlebar clamps
« Reply #1 on: 01 December 2012, 03:30:28 pm »
will lowering the bars not make things worse, i mean put more weight on your arms.

JayB

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2012, 08:38:43 pm »
No, oddly I think it's the opposite. I'm so used to sports bikes I just can't seem to get used to having high bars, after 1000 miles on the fazer, I still feel like I'm riding a chopper!

Anyway, I managed to get these changed today before it got dark - and get out for a spirited 15 miles ride..... Feels nice, more noticably different than when I went from standard bars to 758s last month. The kiwer clamps aren't offset like the originals, so it's brought the bars about 10mm back but put them about 25-30mm lower.

For me, it's much better, but need a some more time, preferably midday sometime soon so the tarmac isn't damp and gritted, so I can push the bike a little and see how it feels riding quicker.

So for anyone else looking to drop the bars and not willing to pay for GYT-R bits, or wait forever for SV ones, the Triumph ones will fit.  ;)

tommyteeman

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Husqvarna 701 sm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 December 2012, 10:07:47 pm »
you could always use renthal 658s too, i tried them but found the riding position a little aggressive,over the front of the bike kind of stance rather than relaxed if you know what i mean

JayB

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2012, 11:36:27 am »
Yeah, I think I may well do. I got these ones 2nd hand, shortened and pre-tapped for original bar ends. I think I'd like something a little flatter and not so wide.
But I'm getting there with it...
 :)

JayB

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 December 2012, 08:56:21 pm »
pic, not very close though.