Date: 17-05-24  Time: 20:49 pm

Author Topic: Gen 2 FZ1 Front Discs  (Read 1150 times)

Lonewolf

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Gen 2 FZ1 Front Discs
« on: 15 March 2012, 12:03:07 pm »
Putting the bike (Gen 2 FZ1 Fazer) away the other day I noticed what to my eyes looked like a silver 'direction arrow' on the outside edge of the front offside brake disc.
(I didn't have my specs on though and it was gloomy in the garage so I may have been mistaken).
Can anyone confirm if the front discs have a rotation direction bias?
If it's what I suspect then the discs may have been removed when I got new tyres and subsequently refitted to the wrong side of the wheel by the dealer!
That's if the discs have to be removed to fit on the tyre fitting machine of course.
As I was in a hurry at the time I haven't had time to recheck this as yet.
Any ideas?

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Gen 2 FZ1 Front Discs
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2012, 05:37:00 pm »
looking on this site http://www.yamahamotorcyclespares.co.uk/spares/epc2.asp?PageiD=31&modelID=9084&m=YAMAHA+FZ1S+FAZER+++2007+FRONT+BRAKE+CALIPER&uID=0 i would say the front discs are not handed as they are both the same

_PCooper

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2012, 05:42:07 pm »
I've never seen dics removed to fit a tyre. Maybe the whole wheel has been fitted the wrong way round. The wheel itself may be directional and the tyre almost certainly is. Best get the specs on and make sure everything is rotating in the correct direction.

Lonewolf

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 March 2012, 11:05:48 am »
Thanks for the replies, I'll have to check things when I get home.
Tyre is definitely the right way rotationwise and the wheel can only go on one way due to the ABS gubbins.
I'll do a proper daylight check when I return home.