Date: 19-05-24  Time: 16:38 pm

Author Topic: Helloooooooo  (Read 844 times)

Stainy

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Helloooooooo
« on: 13 October 2013, 12:05:17 pm »
Morning all,
I've just purchased a 2009 FZ1S and thought I'd pop in and say hello. I still have a 1200s Bandit, so they'll be competing for my affection over the winter (as I try to give the FZ1S the love it clearly hasn't had in its life so far). The winner will get to stay with me next year and for the foreseeable future  :)
Hopefully, you lot are a friendly bunch and can give me loads of hints on ownership  :D

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Helloooooooo
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2013, 02:41:14 pm »
Ai AI!!!!
Hello there, welcome to the site,, two hells of bikes you have, the press say the bandit is good,,here they say they are not a patch on the FZ1s,,see how it works out,

We have done a few smooting out tuning mods too. i wonder if they have been done to yours?
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Stainy

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Helloooooooo
« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2013, 05:00:35 pm »
Hello mate, I have no idea to be honest. I take delivery tomorrow and the guy(s) that had it before me obviously loved riding more than they did cleaning. It's been out in all weathers and needs some surface corrosion sorting out. Nothing too serious and the price I paid reflects it. But there are zero chicken strips, so it might have had the mods done to suit the aggressive riding. I'll know more when I start to investigate (though I've been on one before, I actually bought it without a test ride - I must be mad!)