Date: 14-05-24  Time: 16:50 pm

Author Topic: "How much?!" From Yorkshire  (Read 1534 times)

Hakucookie

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
"How much?!" From Yorkshire
« on: 03 July 2016, 02:56:17 pm »
Hi everyone, just thought I'd better join and introduce myself since I haven't fallen off my bike yet, only been riding for a month so still very much a newbie.
Fzs600 in gold (ugh, horrible) and black.
Jen

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
Re: "How much?!" From Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2016, 04:09:08 pm »
Welcome Jen and hope you enjoy "Fazership".
Plenty of lunatics(sorry meant knowledgeable!) owners on here-a mine of information.
Now lets see a pic of the bike.

TOADY

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2016, 07:52:03 pm »
Welcome aboard.  Let's see this golden girl that your  riding.
my momma always says, stupid is as stupid does.
that's all i gotta say about that

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2016, 09:10:32 pm »
hi jen welcome, why did you buy it if you don't like gold.?     its a bike anyway so don't crash it. ;)    good luck.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

Hakucookie

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 July 2016, 07:43:24 am »
It's not a great pic, but I made a little ramp and rode it up onto our front porch so it wouldn't get rained on. I'll take another pic soon, just a little frustrated that the speedo isn't working at the moment. Why did I buy it if I didn't like the colour? It was the only one close enough and within my budget. I figure I can learn to ride on it and then when I'm better, get a nicer bike :)
Jen

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 July 2016, 08:55:51 am »
Welcome to the Nut house  :b :rollin :b

I quite like that gold and black look, you don't see many of that colour scheme on the road, but they are not as fast as the red ones  :lol :lol

Is it just the speedo thats not working or is it the rev counter as well not working?
If it's just the speedo then you might have a broken wire leading from the reader on the front wheel to the speedo, mine broke the other day and a quick blob of solder, heat shrink and electrical tape and it is as good as new.
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

Hakucookie

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 July 2016, 11:32:36 am »
Just the speedo, I've already replaced the bit with the lugs that spins with the wheel inside the sensor because it was broken and chewed up a bit, I was hoping that would fix it but no luck, my odometer isn't counting up either so it isn't just the speedo needle, but I've never seen the needle move either, is it supposed it when you first turn the key?
Jen

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 July 2016, 11:44:29 am »
It could still be the wires that lead from the front wheel to the clocks as there are 3 wires inside the protective covering, if I have this correct then 1 is for the Speedo needle and the others (as I say if I'm correct) are for the odometer. The needle should bounce up a bit when you start the bike (well it does on mine but only a tiny bit). might also be worth checking everything is plugged in firmly behind the clocks as you will be suprised what crazy things electronics can do when not plugged in properly  :lol
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

Hakucookie

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 July 2016, 05:54:27 pm »
Might have to get my oscilloscope out and check the wires, I hope it's something silly and not a broken sensor as they're not cheap, I tried unplugging and re-plugging behind the clocks and inside the little waterproof box under the tank but that didn't help, I'll have to wait for a dry day to tinker some more. Oh well!
Jen

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: 07 July 2016, 05:24:26 pm »
Its most likely to be either the sender unit within the wheel hub as these get broken when the tyres get changed by cack handed mechanics or the wire going from the hub to the speedo as these get moved when people take the wheel off or change the brake pads resulting in it rubbing on the disk and wearing through.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again