Date: 24-05-24  Time: 12:58 pm

Author Topic: Always look, even on green lights  (Read 7211 times)

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Always look, even on green lights
« Reply #25 on: 20 March 2014, 11:52:50 am »
Noggy- my first proper accident was a woman pulling out on me on a roundabout, I pulled the bike upright slamming on the anchors, if she'd have carried on regardless we would have missed each other, but as with yours she saw me way too late, panicked and slammed the anchors on stopping dead in front of me, I then had to try and swerve back around the front as opposed to aiming behind the rear, clipped her front bumper and off I went!

I've always said- if people apologetically put there hand up in admittance of their mistakes there would be very little road rage, it's difficult punching someone that's saying sorry, that would be like slapping the Andrex dog round the face whilst swinging a toddler about by the feet!

(now you've all got that image in your heads!)
Some say...

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 20 March 2014, 01:01:23 pm »

Ha ha :lol

I've got an idea for an upgrade for your bike......a rubber mechanics mallet.....inserted into a soft cuddly toy......i think Andrex actually did a limited addition puppy toy giveaway but maybe a leopard to go with your bike...& some extra material around the handle...it would just look like a mascot..........until it was delivering extreme pain....plus it could be thrown like a tommahawk :b

Ye i'm a bit paranoid after getting blocked off my bike last year......looking for sinners round every corner......& boeing 777's :D
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20 March 2014, 04:50:50 pm »
I've always said- if people apologetically put there hand up in admittance of their mistakes there would be very little road rage, it's difficult punching someone that's saying sorry, that would be like slapping the Andrex dog round the face whilst swinging a toddler about by the feet!

(now you've all got that image in your heads!) :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 20 March 2014, 05:07:06 pm »
Whitton Avenue/Greenford Road crossroads in Sudbury is still the most ridiculous place for jumping lights for me on the way home from work. I normally filter to the front and just watch in astonishment.

The record i've counted so far is SEVEN vehicles jumping blatant RED lights, although i've seen six at least twice now, it's quite scary really.  :eek
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Hamos

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20 March 2014, 08:43:59 pm »
I had some of those temporary traffic lights on my way to work last week.  Both sets of traffic were separated by about 300 metres and a bend so you could not see the other set of lights.  I was filtering up to the front when the lights went green, so I slotted in about 5 cars from the front.  4 cars coming the other way had jumped the red light and were forced onto the verge by the queue of traffic I was in.  They had to sit there whilst we all drove past shaking our heads, horn tooting and wanker signs.  Made me laugh.

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #30 on: 20 March 2014, 09:23:08 pm »
Run about a dozen red lights on my way to work today... on a bicycle.  :)
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

Neon Knight

• Weekend Warrior
  • In space no one can hear you fart !
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - FZS1000 01
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20 March 2014, 10:02:13 pm »
Some twat in a van side swiped me and the mrs today in Bristol, broke my indicator and cracked the fairing, the asshole didn't even stop. I should thank the fairies that I managed to stay on the bike and apart from a bruise or 2 we both got off pretty lightly. Still makes you bloody angry tho.  :'(

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20 March 2014, 10:04:43 pm »
Some twat in a van side swiped me and the mrs today in Bristol, broke my indicator and cracked the fairing, the asshole didn't even stop. I should thank the fairies that I managed to stay on the bike and apart from a bruise or 2 we both got off pretty lightly. Still makes you bloody angry tho.  :'(

What a pillock! Any video footage?
The Deef's apprentice

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21 March 2014, 06:01:49 pm »
Its an almost unreal feeling when drivers do this to you-I got side swiped on a roundabout by a half asleep taxi driver-his front offside took out my LHS footpeg from under my boot-fortunately at low speed & I stayed upright. Needless to say he got hi wallet out and was a bit shocked when I told him the price of Yamaha parts! :lol