Date: 20-05-24  Time: 04:55 am

Author Topic: fitting kph clocks  (Read 1245 times)

stevie-g1968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
fitting kph clocks
« on: 03 March 2015, 06:51:23 pm »
ok here we go, this will be one for you.
I have a 2002 fazer obviously with mph clocks.... now at the end of next year my bike will be shoved into a container and lugged off halfway round the world to Australia  8), now since they got a little bit independent they now do things in kph.
so my question is...... will euro speck IE French, german or what clocks fit by just plugging in?? as I would like to be able to  read the kph instead of having to squint to read them. :rolleyes
FOCing down under.......dodging vacant Skippy's.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: fitting kph clocks
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2015, 09:23:45 pm »
I may be wrong here but I think you can get conversion stickers to go on the outside of the clock glass, dont know if you can for the fazer
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

J_Dub

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 March 2015, 09:31:29 pm »
My bike had kph clocks when I bought it. It had stick on mph numbers on the clock glass, I hated them. I got a uk spec set of mph clocks off ebay, they plugged straight in no problems and read correct mph. Still got the kph clocks, I think they had around 14000km on them.

RMT1983

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 March 2015, 09:37:04 pm »
Ive got a pair of KPH clocks that have a MPH face replacement on............... no doubts it will be easy enough to remove it if you want it back to kph.............. oh, and there for sale!!!  :lol

stevie-g1968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 March 2015, 07:48:56 pm »
Deffo dont want to do the sticker thing, cheers for the offers of clocks....its not high on my priority list at the moment , so il look into buying some later in the year or early next year.

funny thing is, I was poking around on fleabay europe last night and there was only a couple in germany that I could find.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: 06 March 2015, 09:10:05 am »
The MPH clocks have kph on them too don't they? Just not as big. So no need to change the clocks.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

stevie-g1968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 March 2015, 07:30:28 pm »
that they do... but I struggle to read it, so would rather have clocks that read in k's....and the aus cops are shit hot on speeding....you only have to be a couple of k's over and its points time.....and double points on bank holidays......oh and they hide behind signs, bush's and  other road furniture so you cant see them. :rolleyes :rolleyes