Date: 27-04-24  Time: 16:53 pm

Author Topic: You have to be so careful, clairvoyant almost..  (Read 1346 times)

Herbert Chaapman

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TDM900
    • View Profile
You have to be so careful, clairvoyant almost..
« on: 03 February 2012, 08:37:51 pm »
Just joined the venerable ranks of you Foccers on Thursday (Gen 1 thou) so I braved the cold yesterday for a 30 minute local blast just to savour the sheer brutishness of my new girl.

I pull up to a roundabout from which I want to do a left onto the Amersham bypass because you can really throttle it there and it's a gloriously long right hand sweeper. At the roundabout, I give way to an Audi TT who is going the same way so I think, Oh goody - a TT to humiliate ( my favourite victim) and as soon as he enters the carriage way I follow and prepare to overtake him - on his right natch. Just as I gun it, the cunt decides to slam his brakes on and do a U-turn - he'd obviously taken a wrong turn.

I wack me anchors on and make a reasonable fist of it except for a bit of rear end snaking (why do I always overdo the back brake in emergency) and that is that, I miss his rear end by inches.

The point is, I think, that had I gone for it about 0.2 of a second sooner, I would have ended up under the Audi.  The margins on these beautiful toys of ours are so fine.

Remember chaps - luck always runs out in the end.

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: You have to be so careful, clairvoyant almost..
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2012, 08:48:37 pm »
The flashier the care the bigger the ego inside

Glad it came out well for you... and brave to take a bike out in this weather

An old mechanic arrived for work this morning on his classic BSA and it was -9 out there- thats brave!
59 going on 57

Herbert Chaapman

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TDM900
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2012, 08:55:03 pm »
An old mechanic arrived for work this morning on his classic BSA and it was -9 out there- thats brave!

My Dad was a North London ton-up boy - hung out at the original Ace and all that. He explained to me that they just couldn't afford cars then so there was no choice. Even in snow and ice you just had to have a go at getting there on your bike. And the gear in those days (no Kevlar, Goretex or Thinsulate) was total pants compared to what we have now.

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 February 2012, 12:29:47 pm »
The other strange, but almost universal, characteristic of other road users is that having passed or overtaken a bike, in their head it is removed from the driving equation?

Instead of thinking "I just passed a bike and now I'm slowing so it may catch me up"

They think    SMIDSY
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!