Date: 19-04-24  Time: 22:13 pm

Author Topic: Bennets  (Read 9423 times)

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Bennets
« Reply #25 on: 27 November 2011, 10:17:13 pm »
I suppose their argument would be that a belly pan alters the aerodynamics so could make the bike faster or less stable at speed so could increase the risk.  At least they are referring to modifications and accessories which makes it seem more logical.  Most of the things that are causing the complaints here are what most of us would think of as accessories (heated grips, crash bungs, Scottoilers, stickers, etc) rather than modifications.  While they are not performance enhancing modifications, they are all things that may make a bike more attractive to a thief so increase the risk of theft.

Chillum

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently bikeless
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 November 2011, 01:40:46 pm »
So does this policy of 'modifications' apply to cages then?

Where's the list for that? I need to know if my gear-knob is covered.

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28 November 2011, 07:57:27 pm »
So does this policy of 'modifications' apply to cages then?
It probably does.  A few years ago a neighbour's daughter had a Sierra Sapphire that was fitted with Cosworth alloys and bodykit.  It was stolen and subsequently found upside down in a ditch (unfortunately without the thief still trapped in it).  The insurance company refused to pay out as she hadn't declared the mods.  She had told them it had alloys but hadn't specified what sort and they had assumed standard Sierra ones.  There argument was that by making it look like a Cosworth she had made it a much higher theft risk.  They did let her keep the remains though......

taksi

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28 November 2011, 10:33:41 pm »
When I got sideswiped by a car last year MCE  paid out for a new Givi top box, new fairings, Akrapovic can, crash bungs and engine casings without a quibble.

Taksi
Taksi

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 November 2011, 02:56:54 pm »
Come on guys, every body knows that a sticker gives you at least 5 bhp. You can't really complain. :rollin :rollin :rollin
Where can I buy 30 of these stickers? Do they come from the same place that can add 3" to my cock? I'm sold!
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Head Focced