Date: 23-04-24  Time: 16:59 pm

Author Topic: mr angry  (Read 4700 times)

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
mr angry
« on: 16 November 2011, 10:19:19 am »
Natwest  cheque £73 worth of diesel  and ¾ of an hour wasted !

This is a short story told long !

A few years ago I paid a cheque from MY business Natwest account to my personal account same branch, I asked when it would clear and was told at the end of business that day.
That evening I went to the Isle of Wight to visit my mother, about 8 pm I stopped to fill up with fuel well after the bank had closed.
My debt card was refused on the grounds of insufficient funds! Luckily my girlfriend was with me so she was able to pay!
It transpired end of business to the Natwest was 3am the following morning! Wow who knew!
Very angry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the f*K%RS have caught me again!

Monday I paid a cheque for £1,500, again from MY business account MY personal account.
On Tuesday I had a DD coming out of the account, a payment for the car £350
I knew there was£203 in the account as I checked when paying the cheque in.

Last night over twenty four hours later and passing there end of business day (3 am)
I got diesel £73 and my card was refused for insufficient funds!

For the mathematical among you 203 + 1,500 - 350 = £1,353 so where the F%^k was it?

I had horror scene rushing through my brain of card cloning allsorts. But after being cut of twice,
I finally got through to a lady who informed me that there were insufficient funds in the account as I was overdrawn by £150!!!!!

Turns out the Natwest have change there cheque process which now takes 5 days even for same bank transfers!

Wow again Who knew they made such a small change without telling anyone!

I have raised an official complaint and the outcome will see whether the natwest keep my personal and business accounts !

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: mr angry
« Reply #1 on: 16 November 2011, 11:15:23 am »
All part of their ways to make more money from the customer.

I recently paid a cheque from CITIBANK for $277 into my Natwest current account.
They asked me to fill in a form. No problem.

Then took 5 days to clear the cheque.
Used a made up (in their favour) exchange rate
AND charged me £10.50 for the privilege.

I complained and the charge was credited back to my account the same day.
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

crishner

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2011, 11:22:49 am »
i put a cheque for 10k in my bank on saturday wont be cleared untill atlease friday tiz a fucking joke
expectation is the foundation of disappointment if you can be happy with nothing then serenaty is yours

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #3 on: 16 November 2011, 12:10:57 pm »
I really feel for you, when my house sold in Nottingham the equity went into the "pot" for the divorce. my ex wife & I got a small sum in advance of the division.
As the same solicitors were dealing with house sale & divorce for her she had her money after just a few days....

however because my solicitors are down in Portsmouth they had to recieve the cheque in the post it had to clear the bank before they could send it onto me by BACS so 5 working days for cheque to clear 3 days for BACS all this happened over easter Royal wedding & may bank holiday!!! it was a month between her getting her money & me getting mine!!!

and my solicitors charged me for handling the money!!!

Grrrrr :'(

It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

Tefer

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - FZS1000 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 November 2011, 01:48:19 pm »
All banks are sh*ts so changing might not actually help to much!

Not sure if there is any comparison sites for banking as you really want to make sure your Money is fast transferred especially in the same branch/company.

A lot to be said for a safe in the house!

Four Wheels Moves The Body... Two Wheels Moves The Soul

Tori

• Tent Pole Erector / Truck Hunter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 November 2011, 02:00:59 pm »
The time it takes cheques to clear is ridiculous. It's about time cheques were banned completely and we had a decent system that doesn't rob us small business's for taking money electronically.

pete786

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 November 2011, 02:32:24 pm »
I have an investment account with my bank and pay money in to it every month from my current account. It is quite a significant amount and this money disappears into their system for several days every month, for instance this month it was taken from my account 10th and has only been credited to my investment account today. Their excuse is that they are deciding where to invest this money and then charge me over £36 amonth for the privilege of having my money in their system for several days.  :wall

snapper

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 November 2011, 03:52:19 pm »
so not only are we proping up the banks with our money through the goverment with are then investing with them , then they are charging us for the privlage, all seems a little one sided to me  :wall

so nothing new there then ! 

Chillum

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently bikeless
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 November 2011, 03:56:24 pm »
I feel for you m8.

As a counterpoint though, I bank with HSBC for my business and personal account, and a BACS transfer from one t'other takes about 10 seconds for it to show up in the other balance. Not for everyone I'm sure, but just a thought.

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 November 2011, 04:06:40 pm »
I use Lloyds TSB and an internet banking transfer from one LTSB account to another is instant.  They have recently changed there system for transfers to other banks too so where it used to take 4 working days for a transfer from my account to appear on an account at a different bank, it now takes about 3 hours.

It did backfire on me a couple of months ago though.  I have a Direct Debit for my electricity bill that came out of my account on the 16th.  As I'm paid on the 15th of the month that was fine.  This time they tried to take it on the 14th of the month and the bank bounced it (and charged me £20 for the priviledge) so I phoned the electricity company to see why they had tried to take it 2 days early.  It turns out that it has always been requested on the 14th but the bank took 2 days to pay it.  Now they've speeded up their system they tried to pay it immediately, a day before my salary was paid in.

Captain Haddock

• Club Racer
  • Miserable Foccer.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XT600E & TDM850 Mk2
    • View Profile
    • Gone boating!
« Reply #10 on: 16 November 2011, 06:44:50 pm »
I find shitfing money between my halifax accounts is instant, cheques still take a week though but they show up straight away, takes about 10 seconds to pay my credit card as well through fastpay.
Save the planet...It's the only one with beer!

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 November 2011, 07:47:37 pm »
The Lloyds online banking seems very good to me.

fazed600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Suzuki GSXR1000 K7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 November 2011, 08:33:42 pm »
Why don't you go the bank and instruct them to make a transfer between the accounts rather writing a cheque? Surely this would be better.

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 November 2011, 03:12:02 am »
I bank with Lloyds and their internet banking is instant- great when the daughter phones... daddddddddddddddddddddddddddddy pretty please :'(

Had a large cheque to pay in when an endowment paid out.... I say large- it was about half what it was supposed to be so dont get me started on that and how I am supposed to pay the mortgage off now.... anyway- despite it saying Aviva on the cheque she wanted me to fill a form in to say where the money came from. After the requisite five banking days I wrote a cheque into my building society account and they smiled sweetly and couldnt have cared less where the pittance (compared to my mortgage... there I go again) came from.

We have accounts with Lloyds and Santander and I am glad mostly we bank with Lloyds- I have found them OK and approachable
59 going on 57

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 November 2011, 07:39:24 am »
Sign up for internet banking , its usually very fast. The problem with cheques is its  a manual process. Actual transfers are much quicker.
Its always best to allow 7 days for cheque transfers TBH.....I would not do stuff on the brink.It almost invokes sods law!

oldmotherfoccer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • WWW.FATMAGGOT.COM
« Reply #15 on: 17 November 2011, 08:41:15 am »
We use co-op bank for business, and its ok electronically, but anything that needs a "real person" is a nightmare, we tried ordering new paying in books and they sent us their bank ones not the ones for the post office, despite asking, and being assured" it was on their screens which one to send madam" if we try to speak face to face - our nearest being northampton, we are told they cant help us as its a business account.  we do manage though to bank for free through them. - but dont even get me started on first direct, since not having a monthly salary paid in, they have gone from being a great bank to a very very very expensive bank, who really dont seem to give a toss about all the good years they have had from you
Fat Maggot Clothing Company - remember FOCU15 to claim your foccers discount

Chillum

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently bikeless
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 November 2011, 10:25:11 am »
since not having a monthly salary paid in, they have gone from being a great bank to a very very very expensive bank, who really dont seem to give a toss about all the good years they have had from you

Do what I do, split your salary and DD's between two accounts with two different banks. Takes about 5 minutes a month to sort out and it means we have good credit ratings with both banks. (I actually have the mortgage DD with one bank, and all the bills with the other).

snapper

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 November 2011, 10:35:10 am »
I know internet banking is the way the banks are pushing us all in but as yet I do not have it on either my personal or business accounts nor do I have phone banking !

The reason behind paying a cheque rather than drawing cash and paying into my account is a cheque from the same branch costs nothing where as if i draw cash from the business account it costs !

I am amazed, it almost seems that some of you are sticking up for the banks ! LOL Nah that cant be true ! :lol

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 November 2011, 11:10:29 am »
Viva la bancs !!!!

All you have to do then, is pay the cheque in 2 days earlier than usual  - simples   :lol

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 November 2011, 11:49:02 am »
+1 on First Direct
They are good at the admin side of banking but very poor if you need any particular assitance on anything
Its just a ride

chicken

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 November 2011, 11:49:20 am »
As a counterpoint though, I bank with HSBC for my business and personal account, and a BACS transfer from one t'other takes about 10 seconds for it to show up in the other balance. Not for everyone I'm sure, but just a thought.

+1. Never had any complaints about HSBC

snapper

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 November 2011, 12:13:30 pm »
"All you have to do then, is pay the cheque in 2 days earlier than usual  - simples   :lol"

nope 4 days earlier !

Just got back from the bank and it seems this was introducced to stop fraud and money laundering !

Well thats ok but it still mean that for four days the money is lost somewhere in the eatha (spelling?)

fazed600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Suzuki GSXR1000 K7
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 November 2011, 07:10:08 pm »
er....I still don't understand why you are not getting the bank to TRANSFER the funds between the accounts, rather than write a cheque.

You can either do this online of get a cashier to do it for you.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #23 on: 18 November 2011, 02:26:13 am »
The reason behind paying a cheque rather than drawing cash and paying into my account is a cheque from the same branch costs nothing where as if i draw cash from the business account it costs !

Doesn't your bank charge for drawing cheques on the Business Account, then? Mine does, so an online electronic transfer is cheaper than the cost of writing a cheque to myself.

titter

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 November 2011, 07:02:04 am »
Im with HSBC, my sons with Lloyds. A few weeks ago he called me from Uni in the shit for ££ and needing to pay a bill, he was at a cash point it wouldnt give him any ££ cos he was overdrawn. I did an internet transfer while he stood there, told him it was done and said to try again, he was able to withdraw the funds. Well impressed with HSBC for that