Date: 28-03-24  Time: 08:05 am

Author Topic: The Iron Lady R.I.P.  (Read 9454 times)

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Lady R.I.P.
« Reply #25 on: 17 April 2013, 08:12:12 pm »

I do not respect anyone who cannot respect the dead.

I do not respect

Hitler

Pol Pot

Stalin

Jimmy Salville

Dead Terrorists of any kind

And quite a large number of dead people

So I guess I don't have  your respect  :rollin

chilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 April 2013, 08:26:16 pm »
i hated the horrible wrinkley old bastard with a passion. i don't want any foccers respect it's just what i thought of the cow. i know lots of people that she devastated during the miners strike. i still know fathers and sons that won't even look at each other,i know families that lost their homes because of what she did. 90% of my mates worked down the pit and i will never forget the lack of respect she gave british industry and anybody who had to work for a living. burn in hell you bitch :evil

demic77

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 April 2013, 09:44:00 pm »
She did more for the north/south divide than any before or since by shafting the miners and steel workers. Sheffield steel and British coal were among the best in their fields. And she got me sacked from my first job as milk monitor... We should celebrate that she was removed from power but not that she's dead. She was a right biatch but not in the same league as stalin, hitler or muggabe. Proper fucked this country up though imho, what we're reaping now is what she sowed by letting the greedy bankers off the lead, privatising the family silver and decimating industry. She's dead poor cow but she was still a right twat. I just ignored today's proceedings, neither felt the need to mourn nor celebrate.
It will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end.

Tcat2001

• Gwnaed yng Nghymru
    imageDec 08
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 April 2013, 10:19:17 pm »
Wilson closed more pits than she did.

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17 April 2013, 11:21:34 pm »
Edward 1 v Margaret Thatcher

Who did most for Wales

Discuss  :pokefun

Raymy

• Erection Services Foccer
    Brighter than a ZippoFirelighter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - There is only 1 Gertrude
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 18 April 2013, 01:01:16 am »
Wilson closed more pits than she did.

Yeah but shipyards, steelworks and timber mills among others were left alone.

I have no respect nor disrespect and have no opinion whether she's alive or dead and really don't think about it. For all it matters to me she was dead all along. The steely eyed determination, the botox face before botox was harnessed for cosmetic uses, the skirt suits and moulded hair.
Thatcher only came alive to me in spitting image.

She ruined a lot of people and destroyed many lives,  and many died. Thankfully I was shielded from it. Partly through age, partly through family. I was born in '79. I only felt part of it. Good and bad. I saw enough from others to see what went and still goes on  from others,  both then and later.

As a small aside, Scotland hasn't voted tory since the fifties. Since then they were lucky to have any candidates above the border. Joke as much you like about the shire and blah blah blah. But the fact is she was not represented in any way up here and she allowed it to be subject to unbelievable nonsense in spite of it. Was it because no one voted for her up here that she used the whole shire as a testbed for the poll tax? Maybe she just couldn't stand sweaty socks. Who knows?!
But the fact remains she was never voted in up here and she still managed to facilitate a massive rape of the people without any remorse or regret. When people get all high and mighty about disrespect, please remember she allowed an enormous amount of poverty and social disorder to breed due to her policies and actions that has never fully been recovered from. We didn't vote her in. We got lumped with it anyway.

Thems the breaks. And now in death they (we) continue to pay. I'm not saying dance on her grave, but I'm not gonna stop them having a (often justified) moan.
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18 April 2013, 06:45:25 am »
That my friends is the story of politics.

As the two threads about Margaret Thatcher will have shown politics will cause massive arguments.

There will always be at least two sides as in this case,a huge portion of the country liked the regime of the iron lady,there were of course losers,self inflicted? well this is where the arguments start,And also where the loud mouth think they can voice their opinion.As  you will find supporters are much quieter.
As for falling out or pointing fingers, well that is a NO NO, no point ,it's politics.

Before you know it grown men will start falling out over this government which, as all others was voted in by the people of this country.

Soon at the next general election there will be another set of leaders, or maybe the same,,it is the choice of the country.

We all will and have go with them ,

whatever the side in power,,we should all try to stand together, you know it makes sense.

An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Tori

• Tent Pole Erector / Truck Hunter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18 April 2013, 09:54:45 am »
FFS!! We've had one thread like this already, just STFU!!!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 18 April 2013, 07:42:46 pm »
Aye well for once I'll agree with you Tori.

I thought this subject was dead and buried with the old thread.

But what the foc;

As a small aside, Scotland hasn't voted tory since the fifties. Since then they were lucky to have any candidates above the border. Joke as much you like about the shire and blah blah blah. But the fact is she was not represented in any way up here and she allowed it to be subject to unbelievable nonsense in spite of it. Was it because no one voted for her up here that she used the whole shire as a testbed for the poll tax? Maybe she just couldn't stand sweaty socks. Who knows?!

I haven't gone back through the election results, but yes the Tory Party had a majority in Scotland in the 50's.  They continued to be a strong force in Scottish politics up until Thatcher came to power.  But it was a gradual decline over 4 Tory terms until they had only one Scottish MP left, which I think is still the situation today. 

Of course the Tory party was dead against devolution, but the irony is that it is devolution that has saved the Tory party in Scotland.  They are hardy a major political force, but PR in the Scottish parliament has delivered them a small number of MSP's, enougth to survive as a political party.

The poll tax issue is a little more complicated.  Scotlands rates system had become a shambles, a complete revaluation was causing mayhem and major political problems.  Legislation was simpler in Scotland, easy to get through, so The Scottish Tories invited Thatcher to launch it early in Scotland, thinking it would be popular and solve a few problems - whoops!

But really she focced so much up.  She was on a mission to destroy the working class, their communities and their unions.

The thing that was so distressing about her destruction of our industry, was one, that so much of it was in good working order and economical, two, she put several 100,000 people on the dole in Scotland, shoved em on the scrapheap, she didn't give a shit, she closed industry after industry but gave no thought to what might follow, nothing.

She put over 3 million on the dole across the UK, bringing the jobless total up to between 4 and 5 million, all now on the brew.  How did she pay for it?  With blank cheques signed 'Scotland's oil', of which she like previous governments continued to lie to us about how much oil was under the north sea.

Roll on 18th September 2014!

Raymy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18 April 2013, 07:52:09 pm »
Indeed.
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 18 April 2013, 08:16:26 pm »
Yes, perhaps belatedly we can give Thatcher something really special to be remember by.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 18 April 2013, 08:32:28 pm »
To those moaning about the dissenters, where the 'loud mouth think they can voice their opinion', and finding supporters are much quieter, I would suggest you don't start a thread saying 'wasn't Maggie great'.
And where you ask whether losers were self inflicted, the answer is 'no' otherwise why put the question mark in.
So, I hope the subject is now dead and buried (or possibly cremated)

flesh

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 18 April 2013, 09:18:39 pm »
We are all entitled to our respective opinions as to whether we offer anyone respect or not. RIP.....up to you really if that floats your boat.
I must say though that the standard of some of the responses is pretty disappointing really. To compare Maggie to Stalin/Hitler etc, that is just knob behaviour. I'm sure many of you that have commented here were not born when she came into power and are making comments from heresay/others opinions rather than actually experiencing what went on. It was also very clear from the previous post that most do not have any grasp of economics whatsoever and what was actually achieved during the '80's and 90's by the Tories (and carried on by Labour).
Many lives and areas were devastated by her polices (my area especially in the NE), Some of the policies were bloody awful and very pooly delivered but how many of you who posted actually worked in factories or pits and really understand why these things happened?
How many of you have mortgages, own your own homes or have bought your council house.....these were some of the polices Maggie introduced.
RIP, I could not give a toss really but nothing worse than no-brainer or moronic comments being posted, whatever the topic.

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 19 April 2013, 01:18:47 am »
I must say though that the standard of some of the responses is pretty disappointing really. To compare Maggie to Stalin/Hitler etc, that is just knob behaviour.

No comparison was made :rolleyes
You missed the point by a mile  :rolleyes

that comment was in reply to a comment that the dead should automatically be granted respect for the mere fact they are dead.

Respect in death, is gained from your behaviour and actions in life, much as the respect you receive in life

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 19 April 2013, 07:31:18 am »
Flesh, you don't have to have been born during her reign to be living with the consequences of her actions. The reason housing is so expensive is because she sold off the social stock and, aside from the few who bought their houses, the people benefiting the banks and private landlords with social tenants.
thou shalt not kick

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 19 April 2013, 08:07:53 am »
Well I did live through her " reign"..and at first ( like new labour) it did seem a good choice for the country. TBH what was the credible alternative at the time ?..michael foot /neil kinnock.? She definitely won in on the surge of popularity maybe as much for a change and on the fact she was a woman and a leader. We all hoped for change which would help the many. Sadly as time went on the policies became more devisive, and the economic policies were crazy. Monetarism created ludicrous interest rates and the decimation of manufacturing and construction. I wont go into the politics here, just the results.The mantra of increasing interest rates to lower inflation is as daft as cutting budgets actually will reduce a deficcit. Its too blunt an instrument to cure a complex problem. Yes we all got the chance to buy our council houses etc, but it was a great gravy train where millions were missold mortgages which didnt pay off their capital, and so evidently became the decline of affordable social housing. Today we have an incredible situation where foreign cash is being used to buy up cheap houses and make them into private rentals,at sky high rates. I do wonder just what the source of that cash is ??..much comes from the indian sub continent ...
Like Blair she promised a lot but I dont feel that she has delivered any sort of promised land for Britain.As for this present government , well they ( tory) got 33% of the vote, so they are hardly a party for the majority. I despair if they get a full majority at the next election because we will see no doubt much more rampant policies which will make this government seem slightly benevolent to the masses.I predict by the next election our deficcit will still be sky high and the only cure the tories will campaign on is no doubt for more cuts !......There was actually one point in new labours reign when it did seem like this country was doing well, but it all now seems a dream !!

inditime

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Ducati 944
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 19 April 2013, 09:01:25 am »
This thread sounds like a load of press mongers. People who have one opinion based on there own inability to put the rest of the world in perspective.

Maggie is but only one person in this world, not the worst kind of person.  There are plenty of despots dead and still living to really warrant any bad news.
Im no politician, or religious nut, but i understand that bad things happen to all good and bad people of all walks of life. Havent heard of anyone bitchin about the 3 day week we suffered because of the miners striking and conserve coal to fuel power stations because of the lack of oil (1973 Oil crisis). Unfortunately, it was Labour that reaped the benefits that came to fruition when they came to power, and everyone thought it was Labours doing. And it took Labour's 3 terms to undo that to put us in the world we are in today.
At the end of the day, we are entitled to our opinions and to be honest do you think you can make a difference to what any Govt. does?

Anyway, no one will remember us when we are gone. But they remembered Maggie RIP

evesdad

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2010 z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 19 April 2013, 06:01:06 pm »

Who did most for Wales

Just passed this on to my daughter who is in the final year of a medieval studies degree and she said at least Edward 1st gave us Edward the 2nd :D
« Last Edit: 19 April 2013, 06:11:45 pm by evesdad »

Raymy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 19 April 2013, 06:26:09 pm »
He probably gave a few people syphilis as well
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 19 April 2013, 07:56:05 pm »

Who did most for Wales

Just passed this on to my daughter who is in the final year of a medieval studies degree and she said at least Edward 1st gave us Edward the 2nd :D

:rollin :rollin :rollin

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 19 April 2013, 08:06:08 pm »
I'm sure many of you that have commented here were not born when she came into power and are making comments from heresay/others opinions rather than actually experiencing what went on.

I'm old enougth to remember the Thatcher years, but those who aren't, well their opinion is valid also.  Young, or younger people are living with Thatchers legacy.  9000 quid fees for education?  Millions on the minimum wage and claiming benefits (in effect subsides for big companies)

And where does much of the benefit money go?  Straight to the landlord - perhaps that's what Maggie was so keen on private property ownership. 

Triple dip recession anybody.  No industry - no quality jobs, no prospects. 

We now have some worst housing stock in Europe, and not only that massive housing shortages too.  I've got a mortgage, but I tell you I'd rather not.

She destroyed community and gave us individualism and greed.  Crap poorly paid jobs for the working class, and sky high rates - want out, want an education, well that'll be 40 grand plus please.

So yes the opinion of those born after the Thatcher years is as valid as anybody elses.

Tcat2001

• Gwnaed yng Nghymru
    imageDec 08
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 19 April 2013, 08:13:49 pm »
Wasn't it Blair that introduced tuition fees for Uni?

Chillum

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently bikeless
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 19 April 2013, 09:23:47 pm »

shh, don't let facts get in the way of a rant..forum rules 101 :)

Tcat2001

• Gwnaed yng Nghymru
    imageDec 08
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 19 April 2013, 09:27:20 pm »
Silly me! Cheers mate. Been awhile a little out of practise!

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 20 April 2013, 12:29:17 am »
Was it not the lies of the Lib dems that got the cons elected due to the lies they promised to the youth that are student and our would be leaders?

Lets simply educate our future leaders how to manipulate the generations to come buy saying one thing then doing another.

Why do you not read all manifestos then try and tell me how the Lib dems went with the conservatives? As it is simply corrupted greed due to the fact that the labour and lib dems manifesto are mirror images that it baffles me why Lib Dem's went with Cons.

101 in the Thatcher years was 1 in 10 and that was for your information 1  in 10 unemployed and by your rational was acceptable. In my rational every one has the right to work.

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.