Date: 28-03-24  Time: 17:11 pm

Author Topic: Ding dong the witch is dead  (Read 55177 times)

popeye72

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - montessa 315r
    • View Profile
Re: Ding dong the witch is dead
« Reply #100 on: 10 April 2013, 03:13:41 pm »
Well that's the first time I've agreed with Oldgit  ;) 
I for one will mourn her loss, a great leader and a great Briton, a prime minister that restored pride and power to this country after years of ruination from that commie bastard Wilson. Beat the unions, beat Galtieri, brought down on Europe but proved right in the end, that's plain to see. The mines and manufacturing were already doomed before she came to power, who honestly thinks the mines would still be operating now?
Rest in peace Iron Lady, wish you could save the country again.

well said :)
if it aint broke, try harder!

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 10 April 2013, 04:04:12 pm »
my understanding of the definition of a great leader is their ability to unite and lead, she just divided, as seen by this thread and many other things going on at the moment

MarchRide

• Big Lump o' Sex
    Prefers his pussies ginger!
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 10 April 2013, 04:13:34 pm »
Bong for PM. 

(or Nigel Farage) 

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 10 April 2013, 04:25:57 pm »
my understanding of the definition of a great leader is their ability to unite and lead, she just divided, as seen by this thread and many other things going on at the moment

Personally, my definition of a great leader is one who isn't afraid to make the difficult decisions, even if it sets many against them!

Uniting and leading sounds to me what some kind of communist type dictator would want!

peterjca

« Reply #104 on: 10 April 2013, 04:53:03 pm »

Personally, my definition of a great leader is one who isn't afraid to make the difficult decisions, even if it sets many against them!

Uniting and leading sounds to me what some kind of communist type dictator would want!

Communist type dictators. Let me think. They would the large corporations and the bankers, threatening to throw their toys out of the pram if they can't get their own way and pocket enough of our money.

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 10 April 2013, 05:14:02 pm »
Love or hatred of Thatcher appears to follow the North/South divide pretty well....

I'm 19, I'm not going to pretend I understand the suffering many families went through at the hands of her policies. But I'll say this: what about those who would have suffered without them? Had the miners got their way, the economy would have collapsed overnight, and the country would have been deeper in the shit that it was. Thatcher was no saint, but neither were the Union leaders.

Quote from: Daily Telegraph
Blythe said her dislike for the former prime minister came from being told she might never find work on leaving school in 1984.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/margaret-thatcher/9984646/Woman-behind-street-parties-to-celebrate-death-of-Margaret-Thatcher-named.html

Hell, my generation has been completely fucked over by the current shower of politicians. I, and many of my friends will leave University with nigh-on useless degrees, be unable to get jobs, and hardly able to support ourselves on the pittance they call the dole. All you who curse Thatcher's name, you're old enough to be past the misery that awaits me, and you should count your lucky stars for that!!

If I am to behave like this Romany Blythe character, the list is long for people for me to despise and hate. Blair, Brown, Cameron, Clegg, Merkel, Van Rompuy... the list goes on and on. But frankly, that takes up too much time, and I'll have to do the best with what I get anyway. You chaps did, you're able to look back on it now. I have it all to look forward to.

So yeah. Count your lucky stars, and spare a though for the poor bastards like me.
The Deef's apprentice

peterjca

« Reply #106 on: 10 April 2013, 05:59:34 pm »
Love or hatred of Thatcher appears to follow the North/South divide pretty well....

I'm 19, I'm not going to pretend I understand the suffering many families went through at the hands of her policies. But I'll say this: what about those who would have suffered without them? Had the miners got their way, the economy would have collapsed overnight, and the country would have been deeper in the shit that it was. Thatcher was no saint, but neither were the Union leaders.

Quote from: Daily Telegraph
Blythe said her dislike for the former prime minister came from being told she might never find work on leaving school in 1984.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/margaret-thatcher/9984646/Woman-behind-street-parties-to-celebrate-death-of-Margaret-Thatcher-named.html

Hell, my generation has been completely fucked over by the current shower of politicians. I, and many of my friends will leave University with nigh-on useless degrees, be unable to get jobs, and hardly able to support ourselves on the pittance they call the dole. All you who curse Thatcher's name, you're old enough to be past the misery that awaits me, and you should count your lucky stars for that!!

If I am to behave like this Romany Blythe character, the list is long for people for me to despise and hate. Blair, Brown, Cameron, Clegg, Merkel, Van Rompuy... the list goes on and on. But frankly, that takes up too much time, and I'll have to do the best with what I get anyway. You chaps did, you're able to look back on it now. I have it all to look forward to.

So yeah. Count your lucky stars, and spare a though for the poor bastards like me.

Do you also wank at the alter of the bankers?

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 10 April 2013, 06:10:24 pm »
Do you also wank at the alter of the bankers?

The bastards who caused the situation we're in now deserve everything they get. Right now, they're possibly more vilified than lawyers, and long may that last. I'm not going to lose any sleep over them though.
The Deef's apprentice

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 10 April 2013, 07:43:47 pm »

Communist type dictators. Let me think. They would the large corporations and the bankers, threatening to throw their toys out of the pram if they can't get their own way and pocket enough of our money.

Peter, guess what field I'm studying to enter, and guess what I've worked as previously in my life?
That said, I don't agree with a great deal of things that had previously taken place - investment banks and retail banking branches of the same company should not be allowed to mix for example, and although paying bonuses is fine when the company is profitable, I don't agree with paying bonuses after a publically funded bailout.
However, an extremely large reason the financial crisis took place was because people that couldn't afford mortgages took them out. You can argue it was the fault of the banks by offering them, but as far as I'm concerned people should be able to know what they can and can't afford.

Christo, just out of interest, what are you studying? I'm just about to finish my current degree and move onto an MSc course in Finance next year.

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
  • Don't mess with a budgie
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 10 April 2013, 08:32:45 pm »
Her fucking funeral is going to cost £10 million, source http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/taxpayers-can-well-afford-to-contribute-to--estimated-10m-cost-of-baroness-thatchers-funeral-says-william-hague-8567102.html

I am fucking apoplectic with rage at this disgusting waste of mine and every other taxpayers hard earned money when the family are not short of a few quid.

Get the fuck ugly fat daughter and the useless twat of a son (presuming he's not lost in Milton Keynes or somewhere) to dig a hole and sling the old bag in it followed by some shite and gravel.
« Last Edit: 10 April 2013, 08:34:05 pm by Streetbudgie »

Chillum

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently bikeless
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 10 April 2013, 09:08:18 pm »
Her fucking funeral is going to cost £10 million

It sounds like money well spent if you ask me. She was an icon of our times and widely respected throughout the world. What would it look like if we just slung her in a hole and chucked shit on it?/troll

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 10 April 2013, 09:23:07 pm »
Whatever side of the fence you sit you can't argue that we should be burying her. Fecking £10,000,000 ????

Asuming the Independant isn't telling fibs ;)

peterjca

« Reply #112 on: 10 April 2013, 10:36:46 pm »

However, an extremely large reason the financial crisis took place was because people that couldn't afford mortgages took them out. You can argue it was the fault of the banks by offering them, but as far as I'm concerned people should be able to know what they can and can't afford.

Christo, just out of interest, what are you studying? I'm just about to finish my current degree and move onto an MSc course in Finance next year.

Silly me. I hadn't realised that a bank's clients are supposed to do the risk taking analysis for them (and unpaid at that). So when I apply for a loan, should they be sending me details of their business model and other information so I can ensure I don't send them further in the red?

Any other core tasks they aren't supposed to do that we should know about? We'll lend a hand.
« Last Edit: 10 April 2013, 10:39:43 pm by peterjca »

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 10 April 2013, 10:45:54 pm »

I'm doing Aero Engineering, but try to keep up to date on current affairs, etc. At one point, I was debating whether I should be an engineer or a barrister, and the engineering won.

The main point I was originally trying to make is that every generation will have its shit patch, the chaps who are howling had theirs, they should spare a thought for the likes of us who are about to hit ours just as we leave education - one of the worst times to hit a crisis.
The Deef's apprentice

peterjca

« Reply #114 on: 10 April 2013, 10:58:57 pm »
I'm doing Aero Engineering, but try to keep up to date on current affairs, etc. At one point, I was debating whether I should be an engineer or a barrister, and the engineering won.

Congratulations on your choice. Just remember that no generation deserves a shit patch as you put it.

Let's hope science and engineering regains its importance politically and economically to provide good R&D funding and lots of innovation. Trouble is, that requires politicians from a wide range of backgrounds and real jobs.

PS I mean real innovation, not "innovation" with fantasy fairy money in the financial "industry".

Raymy

• Erection Services Foccer
    Brighter than a ZippoFirelighter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - There is only 1 Gertrude
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 11 April 2013, 07:44:58 am »
Well thats a good choice, and one that somehow fits with the topic. Who knows it may even get you or someone to mars. Lets hope you don't make the fly a drifter tho. For that they'd need the heart of a lion, or maybe a ripple in space time to become a sci fi hero. Like a galaxy far, far away. Or maybe you'll stick to more domestic things like this double decker airbus. Bit tougher to engineer than a dairy milk float I reckon but either way, if yer good there's a chance you could make a mint. Or cause a ruffle.
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 11 April 2013, 09:38:45 am »
Her fucking funeral is going to cost £10 million

It sounds like money well spent if you ask me. She was an icon of our times and widely respected throughout the world. What would it look like if we just slung her in a hole and chucked shit on it?/troll

well that's what the rest of us get?

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 11 April 2013, 10:18:31 am »
Just remember that no generation deserves a shit patch as you put it.

No one deserves it, everyone gets it. If I sit and cry in a hole about how unfair it is,I'll get fuck-all. Better for everyone concerned if I pick meself up, and get on with it.

My father is an English teacher, and regularly quotes poetry at me (A quote for every occasion!). And when I was a child, I had to learn "If" by Rudyard Kipling. The applicable phrases to this thread are:

Quote from: Rudyard Kipling, If
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
 And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:
 If you can make one heap of all your winnings
 And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
 And lose, and start again at your beginnings
 And never breathe a word about your loss;
 If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
 To serve your turn long after they are gone,
 And so hold on when there is nothing in you
 Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

It's sound advice (the poem was orginally written for his son, Jack, who was killed in the trenches in WWI at a very tender age). And the conclusion of the poem:

Quote from: Rudyard Kipling, If
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
 With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
 Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
 And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
I don't think that needs much explanation.

Quote from: peterjca
Let's hope science and engineering regains its importance politically and economically to provide good R&D funding and lots of innovation. Trouble is, that requires politicians from a wide range of backgrounds and real jobs.

PS I mean real innovation, not "innovation" with fantasy fairy money in the financial "industry".

What industry? We got a talk at the beginning of the course, talking about all the "brilliant" things the UK did in the Aero sector. Us, who in the 50s and 60s had technology that was outstripping the Americans with their enormous R&D budgets. In the UK, the most noteworthy thing we do (apart from that paper lion, BAE) is building wings for Airbus. Not designing - BUILDING. The greatest aero companies are now assembling wings for a French commercial company.

The UK manufacturing industry was terribly mis-managed really. Triumph, Ariel, BSA, all gone bust because they didn't think of updating their product. And they're symbolic of the rest of the industry.

I watched an interesting documentary a few days back on Youtube (originally on the history channel) about motorcycles. Harley-Davidson nearly got run out of the market by the Japanese, however, the company refreshed itself, and came out with truly new tech for the bikes. Like 'em or loathe 'em, at least they're still going. The documentary:

Personally, the minute I have my degree, I intend to high-tail it across the Atlantic, and get work in an American firm. To quote Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits:
"I used to like to go to work but they shut it down
I got a right to go to work but there's no work here to be found " ~ Telegraph Road

The Deef's apprentice

ponkster

• Weekend Warrior
  • Grumpy Old MF
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - VN 1500 P1
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 11 April 2013, 10:27:12 am »
Well thats a good choice, and one that somehow fits with the topic. Who knows it may even get you or someone to mars. Lets hope you don't make the fly a drifter tho. For that they'd need the heart of a lion, or maybe a ripple in space time to become a sci fi hero. Like a galaxy far, far away. Or maybe you'll stick to more domestic things like this double decker airbus. Bit tougher to engineer than a dairy milk float I reckon but either way, if yer good there's a chance you could make a mint. Or cause a ruffle.

Nine choc bars - craving something?
"Don't Die with Fun in the Bank!"

peterjca

« Reply #119 on: 11 April 2013, 11:24:35 am »

Personally, the minute I have my degree, I intend to high-tail it across the Atlantic, and get work in an American firm. To quote Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits:
I got a right to go to work but there's no work here to be found " ~ Telegraph Road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd3btVhwr48

You were doing so well until you informed us you'd use the resources of this country to enable you to fuck off elsewhere.

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 11 April 2013, 11:29:45 am »

You were doing so well until you informed us you'd use the resources of this country to enable you to fuck off elsewhere.

Hey, I'm paying for my education sans loan, I am doing nothing but putting IN to the system.

And where do you want me to work? My previous point shows there's fuck-all here. If there were a decent aero company in the UK, I'd take that as a priority. As it is, I have a job lined up with a small company working on specialist tech. As it is, the company may be basing itself in the UK for its manufacturing due to over-stringent US regulations.

If there's no market, there's no work. I'd rather, ahem, "fuck off elsewhere" to work than stay here, go on the dole, and be nothing but a drain on the country's already shaky economy.
The Deef's apprentice

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 11 April 2013, 11:32:44 am »

Hey, I'm paying for my education sans loan, I am doing nothing but putting IN to the system.

And where do you want me to work? My previous point shows there's fuck-all here. If there were a decent aero company in the UK, I'd take that as a priority. As it is, I have a job lined up with a small company working on specialist tech. As it is, the company may be basing itself in the UK for its manufacturing due to over-stringent US regulations.

If there's no market, there's no work. I'd rather, ahem, "fuck off elsewhere" to work than stay here, go on the dole, and be nothing but a drain on the country's already shaky economy.

What about BAE and potentially Rolls Royce? Both of these are very large firms and have massive aero engineering sites. Pretty sure they are both in Bristol though I think Rolls Royce may have moved...

thecert

• About as funny as a
    wasp in your helmet.
  • GP Hero
  • Now on a new ride but still love the thou'
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Triumph T120
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 11 April 2013, 12:26:38 pm »
Her fucking funeral is going to cost £10 million, source http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/taxpayers-can-well-afford-to-contribute-to--estimated-10m-cost-of-baroness-thatchers-funeral-says-william-hague-8567102.html

I am fucking apoplectic with rage at this disgusting waste of mine and every other taxpayers hard earned money when the family are not short of a few quid.

Get the fuck ugly fat daughter and the useless twat of a son (presuming he's not lost in Milton Keynes or somewhere) to dig a hole and sling the old bag in it followed by some shite and gravel.

Good afternoon young man some very strong views there, I've read yours now read mine.
Firstly stop taking the piss out of Milton Keynes, have you ever been there???????   :D
Secondly how about showing a bit of respect for the deceased.  :eek    :evil
Thirdly are you aware that she negotiated billions in refunds from the EU for our country during her office, so a small price to pay I say!   :rolleyes

When the going get's tough the tough get going.

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
  • Don't mess with a budgie
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 11 April 2013, 12:55:30 pm »

Good afternoon young man some very strong views there, I've read yours now read mine.
Firstly stop taking the piss out of Milton Keynes, have you ever been there???????   :D
Secondly how about showing a bit of respect for the deceased.  :eek    :evil
Thirdly are you aware that she negotiated billions in refunds from the EU for our country during her office, so a small price to pay I say!   :rolleyes

If you knew anything about Thatcher and her feckless spawn you would know the joke was aimed at the half witted son and nothing to do with MK, however I have been there many times and I am fully aware of MK's shithole status.

I only show respect for those that show respect to me, I'm no hypocrite so I speak the same of the dead as I did of them when their cloven hooves walked on this planet.

Not the negotiatied billions in EU refunds argument again - based on a report by who? William Hague who clearly wanked himself to sleep every night in his Tory Boy apple pie bed at public school dreaming of the day Thatcher would bend over and let him pork her from behind.

She may have got some money back, so what, it's bad enough she ignored those she made jobless, homeless and future less without bringing in the sale of everything we already owned back to us and the huge job losses that caused and the sale of social housing without a care for those who had no chance of home ownership.

Respect? She didn't know the meaning of the word.

Oh yeah and my pensions fucked beacuse of the bitch and I've got to pay for her funeral and be happy about it?

I'd offer to buy a gallon of petrol to chuck over her but I can't afford it.

« Last Edit: 11 April 2013, 12:58:51 pm by Streetbudgie »

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 11 April 2013, 01:03:17 pm »

Oh yeah and my pensions fucked beacuse of the bitch and I've got to pay for her funeral and be happy about it?

I'd offer to buy a gallon of petrol to chuck over her but I can't afford it.

You've got Brown and Blair to blame for those - Labour politicians, I believe....  :rolleyes
The Deef's apprentice